NoVentInMyHouse

Hi, i have tried to grow before, but since the shop didnt tell me that you can definitly not run a 600w hps in a 80cmx80cmx160cm (2,5x2,5) tent, well i burnt all my plants and with nowhere to take then, gone they were.
So now, attempt number 2, i decided to ask the pro's for some help.
So using the same tent, i was looking at both phlizon 2000w high power series(blurple) and at phlizon 1000w cree cob (wich has 2 cob's) and my main doubt is will temps be under controll with both leds or will the cob end up punishing me? I belive the cob is better, it does use less actuall wats (245w cob) vs (308w blurple) [values according to amazon phlizon seller] but the cob does put out a higher PPFD value, the cob cover just 3x3 wich will suit my small tent, however the blurple covers 4x4 wich will reflect back on the plants after hitting the tent walls, and it does give me room for further upgrades by only needing a bigger tent without the need to buy more lights.
So temperature being my main issue as during summer temps tent to get rly high at about 40° celcius, wich is the best option to produce some high quality bud, i will be growing a full space of gorilla glue auto by fast buds, and hope to achive the highest possible yield and thc% for my budget.
Does anyone have any of these to give some input on what temperatures are the lights reaching over time? I will be doing a 20/4 schedule to give 4 hours rest on the systems so they can cool a lil bit everyday but i wished to avoid too much temperature fluctuation and having neighboors under and above lesser noise would be nice aswell so in having lower temps i could reduce the extractor to make less noise (and no i dont have a extractor yet and would have to wait for next month to get one, at about final days of february, i will be ordering my light at final days of this month january, and wish to start asap before the hot summer days come along to bully me) so temps are rly important, i just dont seems to find any information on temperatures anywhere on the web.
Thanks in advance to anyone who reads this and if you don't have a concrete answer please do leave your oppinion, i do appreciate it a lot!
Here are links for them lights-
High power series 2000w
1000w Cree Cob
Its amazon from germany just use auto translate from google to read specs, thanks

Happy smoking growing and showing

If you are buying an oversized light for future expansion, I suggest getting one with an adjustable intensity. Heat may still be a problem, depending on the efficiency of the units. A good exhaust (extraction) fan will help.

Thanks for your input, when you say adjustable intensity, do you mean like the phlizon 1600w double switch series that has veg+bloom or do you mean a unit that can controll the ammount of light put out with a sort of dimmer? (If this is the situation would a wattage regulator, the kind that goes straight into the wall and that usually people use to regulte the extractor potency get job done?). Besides of heat output i don't really mind spending that extra 20 or 30 on electricity even if its overkill, as long as it doesn't damage the plants.
Could you recomend one if you have any history with using leds in this price range please?

I can afford the TS, but the TSW is already out of my budget, i see they claim that the light produces 90% of usable light, however the PPFD stays at almost half the readings of the phlizon 1000w cree cob, maybe it would save me some by not creating heat issues but at the end would it yield as much as the phlizon cree cob? I've seen everywhere that the white light has a better spectrum so plants actually grow better under those, but the cree cob also has that white light, thats why i even started looking em up, cause originally i was set for getting a blurple, just after reading so much did i consider getting the cob.
So the mars ts 1000w has +-344 leds with 150W of actuall power consumption but it has no fans for cooling so its all going to the light.
On the other hand phlizon 1000w cob has 58 leds + 2 cree cob's with 245 W actuall power consumption, but out of that wattage some of it has got to be going into the fans, since it has 2 of them. So how much exactly is going into the lights? (Info is nowhere to be found).
And the high power series has 200 (10W) leds wich draws 308W from the wall, however it has twice as many fans (4 fans total) so once again we dont know exactly how much is going to the fans and how much is going to the lights.

Dang i'm a stoner, by now my brain is taking a nap from overcloking with so much information, now my decision got even harder, now its 3 elegible lights that i have to decide from, dammit i needed help...
Anyone with a background in lighting science can help to break it down for me please?
Wich of the 3 or maybe wich light if not any of these?

Thanks for your input, when you say adjustable intensity, do you mean like the phlizon 1600w double switch series that has veg+bloom or do you mean a unit that can controll the ammount of light put out with a sort of dimmer? (If this is the situation would a wattage regulator, the kind that goes straight into the wall and that usually people use to regulte the extractor potency get job done?). Besides of heat output i don't really mind spending that extra 20 or 30 on electricity even if its overkill, as long as it doesn't damage the plants.
Could you recomend one if you have any history with using leds in this price range please?
A light with a dimmer switch.

A light with a dimmer switch.

O tried to look for one but havent been able to find one quite as powerfull and with the dimmer, so maybe a plug in dimmer adapter would get the job done.

I think if you had to choose between the Phlizon or the Mars TS 1000
You might be better off with the Mars product.
It's a good fit for your tent
It stays cool
no fans to wear out or break
Uses white full spectrum light instead of Blurple
Plus it has a dimming function

I also saw the spider farm 1000w they both look pretty appealing the only thing that turns me off in these is the par reading that stay under 600ųmol at any point, and to achive biggest yield possible its recomended to have 600 to 900 ųmol, thats why i was thinking of going for the phlizon, because of the par readings, the phlizon 1000w cob has readings at 24""inch simillar to those of mars hydro 1000w ts at 19""inch, altho the mars hydro seems to spread out the light more evenly

O tried to look for one but havent been able to find one quite as powerfull and with the dimmer, so maybe a plug in dimmer adapter would get the job done.

No, the dimmers for the power cable won't work. Dimmers are usually part of the driver, even though some are located outside the driver. They control how the driver works. Changing the input voltage to the driver does nothing.

No, the dimmers for the power cable won't work. Dimmers are usually part of the driver, even though some are located outside the driver. They control how the driver works. Changing the input voltage to the driver does nothing.

Thanks, pretty usefull information, but would running the lights at full power all the way thru do any bad for the plants since i'm going with only auto's or is it just better for reduced power consumption and heat?
Btw those gdp u got, goddam, congratulations on that, wish i could have a toke or two :bravo::ganjamon:

The Mars TS1000 has a dimmer built in, pulls 150w from the wall, gives off very manageable heat (4 or 6 inch inline fan, 4 should be plenty).

The ts600 covers 1.8' no dimmer. The ts1000 covers 3'.

Be very wary of cheap 1k Watt lights they usually aren't anywhere close to 1k watts.

Mars Hydro, Platinum led and budget led are good choices.

Pricing
Platinum Led 600w pulling 380w with the bloom switch on $900

Budget Led for 3x3 coverage $600

Mars Hydro ts1000 $149 150w wall pull
Ts600 $80 100w wall pull.

LED you generally pay a little more up front but a lot less for electric.

Running a Mars Hydro 1000w and a 600w my electric went up about $20.

I think if you had to choose between the Phlizon or the Mars TS 1000
You might be better off with the Mars product.
It's a good fit for your tent
It stays cool
no fans to wear out or break
Uses white full spectrum light instead of Blurple
Plus it has a dimming function
I'm using Phlizon 2000 watt and 1500 watt they work great not a sponsor but work fine.:goodluck:

Thanks, pretty usefull information, but would running the lights at full power all the way thru do any bad for the plants since i'm going with only auto's or is it just better for reduced power consumption and heat?
Btw those gdp u got, goddam, congratulations on that, wish i could have a toke or two :bravo::ganjamon:

When you get to higher light levels (>1000 µmol/m2 sec) getting everything in your plants environment on point becomes very important. This includes temperature, oxygen, water, and nutrients in the root zone; and temperature, humidity, air flow, and CO2 above the ground. If any of these are outside fairly close limits, you will burn your plants with the light.

I understand wanting to get the maximum yield from your plants. Until you get everything dialed in, Those lights are more likely to harm your plants than increase your yield. Above ground, you will need heaters, air conditioners, humidifiers, dehumidifiers, fans, and CO2 injection. It will take a few grows to get everything dialed in. This is why I'd first go for an appropriately sized light, or a dimmable light if you want to go that route.

When you get to higher light levels (>1000 µmol/m2 sec) getting everything in your plants environment on point becomes very important. This includes temperature, oxygen, water, and nutrients in the root zone; and temperature, humidity, air flow, and CO2 above the ground. If any of these are outside fairly close limits, you will burn your plants with the light.

I understand wanting to get the maximum yield from your plants. Until you get everything dialed in, Those lights are more likely to harm your plants than increase your yield. Above ground, you will need heaters, air conditioners, humidifiers, dehumidifiers, fans, and CO2 injection. It will take a few grows to get everything dialed in. This is why I'd first go for an appropriately sized light, or a dimmable light if you want to go that route.

So the high power series 2000w is out of question because its too strong as it gets over 1000ppfd even tho i will be growing small autos, so accounting for pot height + light hang height, and given my tent is 160cm in height, i will burn them for sure, but with the cobs i could just turn on the cobs and let the veg+bloom out or the other way around so the light would be dimmed in a way because there would be reduced light, and whe i get everything in order i can make the next grow with the full power, using both switches on, i just feel like the mars hydro is a bit underuse of the space and the risk of being caught should be compensated with some high quality bud.
I have also looked into the phlizon double switch series 1600w wich can spead light pretty well, has veg and bloom switch so it doesnt have to be at full power, i can go veg for first month and since i will grow auto's i can use bloom in the last two months and maybe even try both switches on and if they respond well i just go with it all the way.
I have a pretty green hand and i get too attached to my greenies so i think with a lil bit of care i could even manage to go with the 1000w cob as i can give a tick here and there to adjust issues, it would be harder in the summer but by then i can get a full setup and some portable AC unit. But for now temps are at around 15°celcius max, and by the end of the grow ambient temps wont ever be over 30 so provided i get some co2 tabs, i have good soil, i can get nutrients, i can get the anbient inside the tent with more RH, and if its too cold i can use a heater i already have on the outside of the tent, btw the tent has its own room only for itself.
I just feel like the mars hydro is a bit under the specs for evolving and will leave me with my hands tied when i want to upgrade because i will be needing to purchase a new light in order to do so.
My budget its pretty tight but its loose enough that i have 200€ left over every month, i just usually spend it in hash since i get 200grams for 200€ over here (yeah i know its cheap but ita good smoke tho, my country is overflooded with marrocan hash) but i dont mind using it for the tent as long as the tent is generous in repaying me back.

Light levels would stay at under 1000umols at any time even if i have to attach the light right at the tent ceiling, i dont mind even making a hole in the top of the tent where the light would be sticking out of if i need that extra space to not burn them out, also my plants wont be reaching over 100cm, since the top height is actually 100cm and the smallest height is 50cm so if they grow nice and compact there should be plenty of space even in the 160cm tent.
Right?

i am not sure what is available to you where you are.

i know mars has european market penetration, and may be your best bet for led. they are not the same animal as the north american models. different specs and drivers, not sure how they stack up. most builders face the same issues.

i dunno if @Budget LED has an option. if they do probably shipping would negate any dollar advantage. they are my current recommend in north america though. worth a boo.

the 315w gavita cmh fixture is popular in europe. likely for a reason. they will run a touch hotter than the others for the same area coverage. but not bad.

would check all those options.

Hi, i have tried to grow before, but since the shop didnt tell me that you can definitly not run a 600w hps in a 80cmx80cmx160cm (2,5x2,5) tent, well i burnt all my plants and with nowhere to take then, gone they were.
So now, attempt number 2, i decided to ask the pro's for some help.
So using the same tent, i was looking at both phlizon 2000w high power series(blurple) and at phlizon 1000w cree cob (wich has 2 cob's) and my main doubt is will temps be under controll with both leds or will the cob end up punishing me? I belive the cob is better, it does use less actuall wats (245w cob) vs (308w blurple) [values according to amazon phlizon seller] but the cob does put out a higher PPFD value, the cob cover just 3x3 wich will suit my small tent, however the blurple covers 4x4 wich will reflect back on the plants after hitting the tent walls, and it does give me room for further upgrades by only needing a bigger tent without the need to buy more lights.
So temperature being my main issue as during summer temps tent to get rly high at about 40° celcius, wich is the best option to produce some high quality bud, i will be growing a full space of gorilla glue auto by fast buds, and hope to achive the highest possible yield and thc% for my budget.
Does anyone have any of these to give some input on what temperatures are the lights reaching over time? I will be doing a 20/4 schedule to give 4 hours rest on the systems so they can cool a lil bit everyday but i wished to avoid too much temperature fluctuation and having neighboors under and above lesser noise would be nice aswell so in having lower temps i could reduce the extractor to make less noise (and no i dont have a extractor yet and would have to wait for next month to get one, at about final days of february, i will be ordering my light at final days of this month january, and wish to start asap before the hot summer days come along to bully me) so temps are rly important, i just dont seems to find any information on temperatures anywhere on the web.
Thanks in advance to anyone who reads this and if you don't have a concrete answer please do leave your oppinion, i do appreciate it a lot!
Here are links for them lights-
High power series 2000w
1000w Cree Cob
Its amazon from germany just use auto translate from google to read specs, thanks

Happy smoking growing and showing
I run 2 of the phlyzon 1600 watts. They each have a true pull from the wall of 337. They're great lights. Where I live relative temps and humidity for this time of year are 85° f and 70% hum. The 2 lights in my 4 by 4by 7 tent with inside i keep ac at 70. I can run 80-82 and 55-65 % hum with a 6" ac Infiniti doing the pulling. Oh and I also have a 70 watt red flowering light in there also. As far as footprint those 2 lights are perfect for 4 by 4. Not enough for 5 by 5 in my opinion. Maybe that helps.

i am not sure what is available to you where you are.

i know mars has european market penetration, and may be your best bet for led. they are not the same animal as the north american models. different specs and drivers, not sure how they stack up. most builders face the same issues.

i dunno if @Budget LED has an option. if they do probably shipping would negate any dollar advantage. they are my current recommend in north america though. worth a boo.

the 315w gavita cmh fixture is popular in europe. likely for a reason. they will run a touch hotter than the others for the same area coverage. but not bad.

would check all those options.

Yeah shipping from the us will add 50% to any price from there but i can have access to mars and phlizon and some other cheap brands that aren't even mentioned anywhere in anything related to weed so they must be brand new however the prices suggest there is something wrong, thats why i was looking mostly at phlizon cause of price reputation and availability, with mars the only thing i can't get past is the low power that they have at the cheaper models like the ts1000, meanwhile i can get almost double the potency by the same price with phlizon, i just think the manufacturers should hold higher standards at marketing their products cause on the same item you get 2 values for the same product, and the values are way off, like phlizon 2000w high power series will say on the same description 3.5 foot coverage, 4 foot coverage and 7.5 foot coverage all for hang height at 18"", so its pretty inconsistent, and becomes hard to trust the PPFD values after that.

Back
Top Bottom