Thank you, it does help, if 2 arent enough for 5x5 maybe 1 wont get the job done in a 2.7x2.7(the one i got for now). I might just get the strongest light and go the extra mile to make everything perfect so the lights work out, i had some seedlings growing under 47°C during the summer with outside temps at 38°/40° and venting out into the same room, it was hooooot due to the 600w hps and for some miracle reason things where growing well, dont know why but they just were and growing healty too, just a bit slower than in perfect conditions but they were bushy asf. Maybe love its all they need :Namaste:

Yeah shipping from the us will add 50% to any price from there but i can have access to mars and phlizon and some other cheap brands that aren't even mentioned anywhere in anything related to weed so they must be brand new however the prices suggest there is something wrong, thats why i was looking mostly at phlizon cause of price reputation and availability, with mars the only thing i can't get past is the low power that they have at the cheaper models like the ts1000, meanwhile i can get almost double the potency by the same price with phlizon, i just think the manufacturers should hold higher standards at marketing their products cause on the same item you get 2 values for the same product, and the values are way off, like phlizon 2000w high power series will say on the same description 3.5 foot coverage, 4 foot coverage and 7.5 foot coverage all for hang height at 18"", so its pretty inconsistent, and becomes hard to trust the PPFD values after that.

Yes shipping would add about $100 USD to a shipment. Have you looked at Invisible Sun? I believe they are over in your neck of the woods and we have some insight into them. Quite a bit more expense than us but local from what I remember.

Thank you, it does help, if 2 arent enough for 5x5 maybe 1 wont get the job done in a 2.7x2.7(the one i got for now). I might just get the strongest light and go the extra mile to make everything perfect so the lights work out, i had some seedlings growing under 47°C during the summer with outside temps at 38°/40° and venting out into the same room, it was hooooot due to the 600w hps and for some miracle reason things where growing well, dont know why but they just were and growing healty too, just a bit slower than in perfect conditions but they were bushy asf. Maybe love its all they need :Namaste:
I tend to go overkill with everything. The 2 probably would be fine for 5 by 5, especially on paper. It was just my feeling I would want more. They really are great lights for the money.

Yes shipping would add about $100 USD to a shipment. Have you looked at Invisible Sun? I believe they are over in your neck of the woods and we have some insight into them. Quite a bit more expense than us but local from what I remember.

THANKS seriously, i just looked it up, i didnt know about them, i'am about to email them to ask a couple questions, their new board seems at an amazing price for the quality, i might just buy from them and go with it, pretty impressive specs
I just dont like the far red, for some people it might work out well but for me in particular, i dont really want the plants to stretch, looking for compact plants, will be mailing them tho and might just go with them if everything is good... but they use 0.2w diodes tho, more efficiency less potency

Screenshot_20200120-025118_Chrome.jpg

I tend to go overkill with everything. The 2 probably would be fine for 5 by 5, especially on paper. It was just my feeling I would want more. They really are great lights for the money.

I got u, i always prefer to go overkill aswell, things tend to turn out alright, better aim for higher and be cool than end up for normal and come up short.
Gonna be looking things up as i just found so many different options but i think in the end i probably will end up with the Cob system, it has white light wich is a true full spectrum, but also has the attractive price on it. And people are going nuts with the 2000w cree cob of phlizon so there must be a reason for it.

far red keeps them compact and is really only for flower. promotes resins etc.
blue makes them stretch.

THANKS seriously, i just looked it up, i didnt know about them, i'am about to email them to ask a couple questions, their new board seems at an amazing price for the quality, i might just buy from them and go with it, pretty impressive specs
I just dont like the far red, for some people it might work out well but for me in particular, i dont really want the plants to stretch, looking for compact plants, will be mailing them tho and might just go with them if everything is good

Screenshot_20200120-025118_Chrome.jpg

Haha not a problem at all. I am willing to recommend other brands I know of that offer good products. :thumb: .

Please note, that is board only pricing for DIY. So you would need to build a full light still.

Haha not a problem at all. I am willing to recommend other brands I know of that offer good products. :thumb: .

Please note, that is board only pricing for DIY. So you would need to build a full light still.

Dang, i sk at diy projects, even in school the simplest of projects used to get all messed up if they were done by me, nobody ever wanted to pair up, i'm great at math but put a screw in my hands and a screw driver and i might just kill myself trying to screw it on a wooden board, when i say i'm bad at it, its like i become r**arded once i have to build something.
The only diy project i have mastered is rolling up a joint, i can roll it up even as a cross joint, cause we all need jesus in our Lifes joints

an as far as the far red, we kinda squished some of the belief on it.
Are u sure tho? Cause i was under the impression that some major studies revealed that blue keeps them compact and inibiths cell growth while far red promotes cell growth and thus makes them maybe not streetch but just grow bigger in total.

Its a balance game. We have been utilizing 730nm in our designs since April of 2019 :thumb: . Proof is in the grows.

And it does give better penetration along with bigger plants/yields right? Should give a at least 10% bigger yield using adequate ammounts of far red.

Yes plant tends to grow more "full" and we have notified yield increases with it. You may also notice faster harvesting times!

If the grow is a 10kg mega crop, the use of far red should account for at least 1kg extra weed, wich is a looooooot

It is a balance game though. I am not sure on the specs of the boards from that company. We utilized it first in our boards after numerous test runs with it. Balancing between 660nm / 730nm. I don't know their design details but it should be okay.

Yes plant tends to grow more "full" and we have notified yield increases with it. You may also notice faster harvesting times!

Playing with far red is such a risky game tho, unless you got space for it, both vertically and horizontaly, because far red tricks the plants into beliving they are in the shade and when plants are in the shade they have 2 options, and they pick one, they can either stretch like mad trying to reach the light, or they can grow mad big over the panic atack, have u done test where you got full white light with far red during 16h/18h/20h/22h and then the remaining hours of rest with just the far red but with a bit higher potency, not mad potency, just a bit, and then back to day light and do this for a while? Maybe it could boost up their response to far red. Any tests like this been done? Maybe even only playing with light like this during flowering could bring some huge results as maybe even flower could grow extra full in response to the far red telling it that its in the shade and needs to grow quick and fast.

Playing with far red is such a risky game tho, unless you got space for it, both vertically and horizontaly, because far red tricks the plants into beliving they are in the shade and when plants are in the shade they have 2 options, and they pick one, they can either stretch like mad trying to reach the light, or they can grow mad big over the panic atack, have u done test where you got full white light with far red during 16h/18h/20h/22h and then the remaining hours of rest with just the far red but with a bit higher potency, not mad potency, just a bit, and then back to day light and do this for a while? Maybe it could boost up their response to far red. Any tests like this been done? Maybe even only playing with light like this during flowering could bring some huge results as maybe even flower could grow extra full in response to the far red telling it that its in the shade and needs to grow quick and fast.

I dont like to go into too much detail about our testing because we test alot of stuff and often are testing things for future lighting releases. As you can tell, our Red Spec is a great board. There was a method to our madness.

Many people do the night time lighting with it. I'm one to look at the spectrum of the sun and evaluate from there. It's the best light out there ... ever.

I dont like to go into too much detail about our testing because we test alot of stuff and often are testing things for future lighting releases. As you can tell, our Red Spec was a hit. Someone else did it after us. There was a method to our madness.

Many people do the night time lighting with it. I'm one to look at the spectrum of the sun and evaluate from there. It's the best light out there ... ever.

Indeed, god bless the sun, besides of looking like a lobster when i overextend my stay at the beach during summer it is actually amazing, best of luck in research, and get some patents, if you discover something new it is yours to use and not to be copied, just make some affordable versions as the public should have some sort of access to it :goodluck::morenutes:

If you are buying an oversized light for future expansion, I suggest getting one with an adjustable intensity. Heat may still be a problem, depending on the efficiency of the units. A good exhaust (extraction) fan will help.
Question: I am using a 600w LED, my LUX reading is 22,000, which converted to approx. 650umol. Will that work for 2 ladies in Veg. & Flower? And at what height is preferred for both.

Question: I am using a 600w LED, my LUX reading is 22,000, which converted to approx. 650umol. Will that work for 2 ladies in Veg. & Flower? And at what height is preferred for both.

Height is used with traditional lights to control the intensity at the canopy. During flower you want at least a PPFD of 750 preferably between 900-1000 µmol/m2 * s. Below 750 you will get poor harvests. That intensity is required for all the plants in flower. As I don't know what light you are using, or the size of your plants, I can't say whether you have enough light.

Old salt might be able to provide some pretty good information once you mention the light maker and model + current height u have it at

Also what is the prefered heigh that the maker advises you to hang it at? Watch out to not burn the plants by trying to get more intensity because with 650umols u can get a good harvest, not the best but a good one, but you won't get such a good one with burnt out plants.
Cheers m8

Back
Top Bottom