Help with making hash oil from kief or buds? Is it possible, moonrocks attempt

So if i get some grain alcohol ill give it a go this weekend, ill get around 5oz of chopped up bud then put around a litre of grain alcohol to it, let it evaporate for an hour or so then there may be around 500ml left , then start boiling off 125ml off at a time , do you think that sounds about right?

I would not chop the bud too much. Just enough to fit into a jar. Damaged plant cells will leak chlorophyll into your product. Fill the jar with bud add alcohol till it covers the bud let it sit. I store mine in the freezer. The longer it sets the better. It usually takes a couple hours to evaporate like 350ml in a double boiler.

I dont suppose you have a link to the exact one do you please?

Do you also think this sifter will work for getting kief extracted? Stainless Steel Sifter with 4 Interchangeable Mesh Screens Ø 20cm

@Grandpa Tokin So im thinking what Turbo said, but if i also make some bubble hash or take some dry hash and mix it in the vape juice? at least then it should smooth the bud out, what do you think?

I’m not sure bud. I’ve never made honey oil or vape juice. I’ve never tried one of those. I think they use glycerin or something. Can’t be difficult to make, but I’ve never needed to. I’ve become really fond of squeezing my bud to make Rosin. It’s very potent and keeps me right. I rarely smoke weed any more because the Rosin is so strong. It’s also safe because it’s solventless.

I fresh-freeze my trim for alcohol extractions. I understand the apprehension to do it because it is dangerous if you don’t know what you’re doing. However, I make olive oil capsules with my alcohol extractions and it really helps me at night. I show how I do it here: Capsules

Just replace coconut oil with olive oil. I had a heart attack so now everything is heart healthy...:ganjamon:
It’s more work, but it really makes some great capsules. I need to be careful...more than once I’ve found myself vibrating in the corner because I took one too many. Not that that’s a bad thing...

@Grandpa Tokin So im thinking what Turbo said, but if i also make some bubble hash or take some dry hash and mix it in the vape juice? at least then it should smooth the bud out, what do you think?

If your crusting the dipped bud with keif why do you want to add it to the oil?

It was more adding it to the oil so it would be like a thick paste sort of say so then it would in realistic form be pressed into every part of the bud, then by adding kief to the rest of it then it dries the reaming out leaving a nice smooth finish.

Does that sound better? im terrible at explaining things.

If you use a sticky paste to roll them in they will be harder to work with and store than one with a sticky middle and dry outside but the end result should be similar. At the end of the day it's just a nug dipped in oil rolled in kief.
Good luck! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom