Help with male or female identity

You can guess I'd you want (they are your plants). I have grown 16 crops and my experience says you will not know for sure until you go into flowering. That is when male/female parts show up. Those are not male parts. Male parts hang underneath like your balls do. Ever see an animal with its balls growing out of its stomach? No they hang between the legs. Those sacks pictured are not hanging they are sitting on top. Not male parts......

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Not true. They look just like that in the beginning. They don't hang till they mature more.

[Disclaimer]
"I don't know everything. My opinion is just that. It's up to you to research the information offered by me or anyone else. It's not wise to act on the first opinion you get. "

My First DWC Grow - Unknown Strain

Germinator it sounds like you do think you know everything ( eventhough you have your little quote there). You argue with everything everybody post. For the person who started this thread it is a fact that these type of plants do not reveal themselves male or female until you flower them. And the sacks start out on the bottom of the stem when they are male, germinator. They do not move down later. The only direction parts of a plant move are towards the light.

Germinator it sounds like you do think you know everything ( eventhough you have your little quote there). You argue with everything everybody post. For the person who started this thread it is a fact that these type of plants do not reveal themselves male or female until you flower them. And the sacks start out on the bottom of the stem when they are male, germinator. They do not move down later. The only direction parts of a plant move are towards the light.

I just give my opinion. Hence the disclaimer. I am aware that I can be wrong. Does it bother you that I give my opinion?

[Disclaimer]
"I don't know everything. My opinion is just that. It's up to you to research the information offered by me or anyone else. It's not wise to act on the first opinion you get. "

My First DWC Grow - Unknown Strain

All I am saying is you should be pretty sure that what you disseminate is correct. Otherwise you are doing an injustice to those whom you give your opinion. The guy could have killed that healthy plant without knowing the sex of it. Misinformation is more harmful than no information.

thank you everyone for your help and imput. although i think its a male. I am trying to find a place to keep the plant for a week or so just in case.. it is in veg with some autos right now but moving it tonight just in case.. thank you

Those are the kalix in that picture. They are often mistaken for male parts. Two white pistols should pop out letting you know it is female.

thank you everyone for your help and imput. although i think its a male. I am trying to find a place to keep the plant for a week or so just in case.. it is in veg with some autos right now but moving it tonight just in case.. thank you
Just keep us updated when you definitely tell sex. I am very interested.

Sent from my LGLS775 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Curious to know if this is male parts on the lower branches. not sure what they are..
420-magazine-mobile483340123.jpg

There will be a pod called a kalix that grows above them. You can see them on the premature plant featured in this post. There is an ovule inside the kalix. And that is where a seed would grow if it is a female and gets pollinated. They are the first stage of a flower and we all know that buds are flowers.

I forget what they're called but I've read that those two growths crossing the way they are is a good (although not definitive) indication that the plant is a female. The fact that those balls are not on stems is also an indication that they are female calyxes as opposed to pollen sacs. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable than myself can give you a more certain answer. But I think you're actually good. Just continue to keep a close eye on it. That's a really high quality pic by the way. How did you get it so clear and detailed? Good camera?
The stipules crossing from opposing sides are always female..
Looking to see if this is male preflowers showing. im leaning towards male but just double checking. thank you
20170221_165335.jpg
When the stipules cross from opposing sides it always female. That's how I've been sexing since I was taught that 22 years ago here in the land of experts.. Northern Cali.

Don't know if I can post unannounced or not, but Dawook is right about crossed stipules. I learned that back in the '70s. It is possible that those are pollen sacs. If so then that is more than likely a hermaphrodite plant. You can clip the male parts off, but mist them with water first just to be safe. I'm no expert, but the crossed stipules is for real.

This was my plant approx. 6 weeks ago, got some other opinions on it and we were all thinking most likely male
I decided against pulling it as it would do no damage for me.
d04ff2771d60a8c92ea1f9cd8ba5af3e.jpg

After neglecting it over this past few weeks I decided to have a look if it was even still alive and noticed these
cb9cdefff2bb41a1e8f83fc5f4c70c94.jpg

I'd say leave it alive until more noticeable but maybe seperate if concerned.
Then again I'm only new to all of this, so that's my two cents if it's worth any thing
Cheers
That first pic is very pixilated... can't tell anything. The second pic is def female.

Back
Top Bottom