Help with my plants, have pics

berrydizzle

Ok, so I have grown hydro for the past year and decided to try a soil run. I am usung 7 Blueberry and 1 Bubblegum. Here are the details:
6x6 room
soil - non nutrient potting soil
soil pH - 6.5
Light - 1000W HPS/MH switchable, air cooled
Temp - 75-80, reaches 85 max every now and then
Humidity - 40-50%
Nutrients - Advanced Nutrients SensiGrow and Bloom, 2 part, AN overdrive for the last two weeks
Water two to three times a week.

So after about two weeks into flowering, something started happening with the leaves. Starting with the lower leaves, they started to get rusty colored freckles and then the whole leaf yellowed and then fell off. I was told it was a mag deficiency so I got epsom salt and put 2 tsp. per gallon of nutrient solution. Since i have started doing the epsom salt, the problem has not gotten any better. The leaves are still yellowing. They get crisp before they fall off or I cut them off. Is there anything else I can do to fix this. Maybe add something to the soil before i pot the plants. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Well i can't figure out how to post pics so if anyone could let me know how to i would love it.

Got pics!!

Ok, here are a few pictures of what is going on.

DSC00222revised.jpg

A leaf of the bubblegum plant

DSC00218revised.jpg

Another bubblegum leaf, what could be the problem

DSC00221revised.jpg

A bud with messed up leafs

DSC00223revised.jpg

The whole bubblegum plant.

If anyone has any idea what could be causing this please let me know...My clones are rooting for my next go around and I dont want those plants to look like this. Thanks.

IMO, you have nute burn. . . maybe your bloom nutes. . . I would flush your pots with your plain water and trim off your dead and damaged leaves. and when your ready to start your nutes, I would cut back a bit. . . :peace:

Thanks alot man. Not to familiar with how to flush. I have heard that you use three times as much water as you have soil, so since i have three gallon pots i should put 9 gallons of plain water? I only have two weeks left, only 5 days before i start to flush the nutrients anyway so i dont see the need on these plants. I am changing the nutrients that i am using next time anyway so hopefully i wont run into that problem. Is general hydroponics Florobloom, grow and micro a good product? I am also going to use superthrive.

Thanks alot man. Not to familiar with how to flush. I have heard that you use three times as much water as you have soil, so since i have three gallon pots i should put 9 gallons of plain water? I only have two weeks left, only 5 days before i start to flush the nutrients anyway so i dont see the need on these plants. I am changing the nutrients that i am using next time anyway so hopefully i wont run into that problem. Is general hydroponics Florobloom, grow and micro a good product? I am also going to use superthrive.

Honestly I just let the pots sit in the sink for about 5 mins with the water running on low. . . But yeah I heard the same. . 3 times the volume. I don't know anything about the nutes your using. .. I'm just familar with what nute burn looks like. . . check the ph of your nutes next time your feeding. . . I think you'll find it real low. . . :peace:

Thats my bad, i do use teaspoons and not tablespoons. The nutrients that I use balance the water to 5.6 every time(they are for hydroponics i think) but the soil pH is still 6.5. Using soil I have also heard that you should flush one or two times during flowering just to make sure there is no salt build up. Is this true?

God, hydro is so much easier than soil!!

So I should flush my plants now even though they have about 2 weeks left to harvest? I dont know the pH of the runoff water, water only comes out of the bottom of a couple of the plants, and its not much so I cant pH test it. I water with the nutrient solution 2 to 3 times a week and then up the ppm for the next week. Have never given them just plain fresh water now that i think about it. I really appreciate all your help Dank.

You should always know the ph of your water man, thats not good if you dont. Looks like your in a nute lockout to me. Try flushing imediatly when you see any problems. Like Dank said they look a little too far gone.

Yeah they only have two more weeks left anyway so im not even going to mess with flushing cause I start that on Wednesday anyway. I know the pH of the water is 5.6 after I put the nutrients in and the soil pH is 6.5. What should be the pH of the runoff water. Should I water with a cycle like:
Water with nutrients, 2 days later water with plain water, 2 days later plain water, 2 days later with nutrents. That gives them nutrients once every six days. Is that too little nutrients?

Ditto!^
They do look pretty bad, but at least you know no matter what your have bud coming your way.
I only do 1 tea spoon with general hydroponics tri pack. I only needed to add epsalm salts after I started dosing co2. Never was needed before the co2 injecting.

One teaspoon for each bottle? Shouldn't you add more bloom during flowering and more grow for veg? I will definately take your word and flush the plants now and ride it out the rest of the way. I probably won't need to use the epsom salt then since I am not really using co2. I am thinking about putting in some gallons of vinagar and then adding baking soda to it. A friend told me this will create co2. I am thinking some is better than none right.

No. 1 teaspoon of epsom salts per gallon. The floura micro has enough mag to get thru most grows.
For the GH nutes just use half strengh solution per gallon and bump to 60% during bloom if results are good meaning very little or no yellowing.
Flush with water before putting into flower, High nutes can delay flowering and you want to remove the salts and waste before any real problems accur.
Its also good to flush at the end of week 4 in flowering. (Keeps the stress down)

Ok so I took dank's advice and went ahead and flushed all the plants. I used three gallons of water for the three gallon pots. There was a shitload of water coming out of the bottom so hopefully this will do the trick. Thanks herban for all the tips. So i guess you cant really flush the plants too much huh.

Flushing is overwatering in excess to remove and dilute salts and waste. It is stressful but necessary sometimes and needs to be apart of indoor plant maintenance. Plant growth is slowed when flushing(especially when there is already a existing problem) and this is why you don't do it every week but instead every month.

Back
Top Bottom