Help With My Soil Mix - Limited Resources In Our Country

Gregmeister

Guys need your input for my soil mix i want to produce super soil mix or close to that. The problem is we have very limited supplies in our country,basically i need to order it from abroad like fox farm potting mix which the shipping cost is twice the price of the soil itself. I would be using 5 gal plastic pots(15pcs) for my auto.

Supplies that i can only acquire in Country:
*Vermicompost
*Garden Soil
*Perlite
*Sand
*Vermiculite
*Coco Peat
*Peat Moss(Would Be costly for 15pcs of 5gal pot)
*Cow Manure
*Chicken Manure

Well you will not get a super soil mix with that lot but can get a suitable soil mix but will require liquid nutrients at some point to support the health of the plant as the soil will more likely not do the entire job for the full length of the grow.

But may need to be PH buffered with dolomite lime or garden lime which takes PH value off the mix to about PH 7 ideally some where between PH 6 & 7 is good.

Could always get a cheap soil probe to test the soil mix first before applying lime or liquid test kit.

1. Vermicompost is good choice as it worm castings only need about 10% off this stuff for total mix.

2. Perlite will aid in drainage / aeration of the mix about 20 % of total mix.

3. Garden Soil well i don't know if that is your own garden soil or stuff bought in a bag... needs PH checking if it is your own back garden stuff may need to know loam type like whether it is clay based or sandy as this all effects the character of the soil mix to how we blend a mix of our own ! more likely 50% to 60% of total mix.

4. Cow Manure if well rotted as this contains low value NPK plus trace micro nutrients also adds a healthy dose of organic matter & may add beneficial microrganism to the soil, about 10% of total mix.

I use a brand name bag biobizz allmix it is basically 20% perlite, 10% Vermicompost & the rest is peat moss but is PH buffered with lime as peat moss is acidic in nature... also contains nutrients which a home mix will not...hence liquid nutrients will be needed.

Back
Top Bottom