Help with nutes

What did you feed them and how much? With the fertilizer added to your water, what was the pH? How is the new growth looking? Is it affected too or is the problem contained to the older growth?

420-magazine-mobile2126993775.jpg

I used week 5 of this chart seeing as my plants spent almost 2 weeks in solos and then 3 weeks in the 5 gals (I was told each transplant w/ FFOF contains new food enough for a few weeks) I was gonna wait till I saw something that indicated they needed nutes but decided it was long enough by week 5. I messed up when I assumed this chart had been modified for a newbie and was showing what 1/4 strength would be, didn't realize I was still supposed to do some math and break it down. What confuses me the most is that isn't concentrated on new or old growth, its affected a lil of both, granted a few leaves had slight light burn from moving from a t5 to a 600 mh that was too close. Might be a stupid question but does an old fan leaf that is still growing count as new growth or is new growth strictly what wasn't there?

420-magazine-mobile1770171196.jpg
using a Honeywell HMC-631 to keep humidity up I turn the settings to auto humidity so everytime it drops below a certain RH It'll turn on and vice versa but it doesn't seem to be working. Anyone have any experience with this humidifer or know a good timing schedule for a humidifer

I don't use Fox Farm's nutes but doing a little research, most say their recommend feeding chart is too hot and will burn plants. That's not abnormal, most companies charts are too strong for cannabis. They are in the business to sell as much product as possible so they tend recommend feeding right on the ragged edge.

Do you own a TDS/PPM/EC meter? I couldn't find any info on how strong Grow Big is (PPM per tsp) when added to a gallon of water. As an example, my grow feed (Foliage Pro) adds roughly 90 PPM for each 1/4 tsp diluted in a gallon of water. My fertilizer is 9-3-6 and Grow Big is 6-4-4. Let's assume for argument sake that it's a little weaker than mine, say 80 PPM per 1/4 tsp. Multiply that by 8 to get to the 2 tsp you feed (week 5 of the schedule you posted) and that's 640 PPM of feed. Then add in your tap water, again assuming average tap water of about 200 PPM and you're around 840 PPM or an EC of 1.68. in week 5 I'm feeding about 500 PPM/1.0 EC, and that's in a medium that doesn't have any nutritional value in it to begin with. I know it's a lot of assumptions, but based on all of them I'd probably guess 3/4 tsp pet gallon would be a decent place to start and then up it as needed if you see any yellowing.

When you did feed, did you check the pH of the mix? I know my grow food is acidic. My water starts at 8.2 and if I add 1tsp of fertilizer it drops the pH to about 6.8. If yours is similar, starting with 7.0 pH water and adding 2 tsp of fertilizer, that last feed could have been in the 5's. That could explain some nute lockout.

In reference to your fan leaf question, new growth refers to brand new leafs, not existing fans that may still be getting bigger.

I been using ff on my autos, very impressed with it. I started out at 1/4 strength and im at almost half strength now at day 38, i probably won't go over half strength for my autos but i have been using full strength for my photo plants the last couple waterings, they are also on day 38 today, i haven't had any nute burns at all.✌

I been using ff on my autos, very impressed with it. I started out at 1/4 strength and im at almost half strength now at day 38, i probably won't go over half strength for my autos but i have been using full strength for my photo plants the last couple waterings, they are also on day 38 today, i haven't had any nute burns at all.��✌

Is that 1/2 strength of the feeding cart he posted above? How much in tsp? Also are you feeding every watering, every other watering, or weekly? You're both in dirt, although his may have a bit more natural nutrients in it, but it should be a fairly close comparison.

Is that 1/2 strength of the feeding cart he posted above? How much in tsp? Also are you feeding every watering, every other watering, or weekly? You're both in dirt, although his may have a bit more natural nutrients in it, but it should be a fairly close comparison.
I have been going by ff chart that comes with the nutes, full strength is 3tsp, growbig and when you hit flower the tigerbloom is also full strength at 3tsp, so half strength in ml would be 7.5ml and 1/4 strength would be 3.75ml. I have been feeding every watering (every 5or6 days) since 18 days old. The big bloom that comes with the ff trio is supposed to be good for all stages of growth it is earthworm casting and bat guano, my girls seem to love it, it calls for as much as 6tsp but i have been conserving it so it will last longer, i been giving 3tsp of it every watering. Hope this helps.✌

I have been going by ff chart that comes with the nutes, full strength is 3tsp, growbig and when you hit flower the tigerbloom is also full strength at 3tsp, so half strength in ml would be 7.5ml and 1/4 strength would be 3.75ml. I have been feeding every watering (every 5or6 days) since 18 days old. The big bloom that comes with the ff trio is supposed to be good for all stages of growth it is earthworm casting and bat guano, my girls seem to love it, it calls for as much as 6tsp but i have been conserving it so it will last longer, i been giving 3tsp of it every watering. Hope this helps.✌
I mix that per gallon by the way.✌

I don't use Fox Farm's nutes but doing a little research, most say their recommend feeding chart is too hot and will burn plants. That's not abnormal, most companies charts are too strong for cannabis. They are in the business to sell as much product as possible so they tend recommend feeding right on the ragged edge.

Do you own a TDS/PPM/EC meter? I couldn't find any info on how strong Grow Big is (PPM per tsp) when added to a gallon of water. As an example, my grow feed (Foliage Pro) adds roughly 90 PPM for each 1/4 tsp diluted in a gallon of water. My fertilizer is 9-3-6 and Grow Big is 6-4-4. Let's assume for argument sake that it's a little weaker than mine, say 80 PPM per 1/4 tsp. Multiply that by 8 to get to the 2 tsp you feed (week 5 of the schedule you posted) and that's 640 PPM of feed. Then add in your tap water, again assuming average tap water of about 200 PPM and you're around 840 PPM or an EC of 1.68. in week 5 I'm feeding about 500 PPM/1.0 EC, and that's in a medium that doesn't have any nutritional value in it to begin with. I know it's a lot of assumptions, but based on all of them I'd probably guess 3/4 tsp pet gallon would be a decent place to start and then up it as needed if you see any yellowing.

When you did feed, did you check the pH of the mix? I know my grow food is acidic. My water starts at 8.2 and if I add 1tsp of fertilizer it drops the pH to about 6.8. If yours is similar, starting with 7.0 pH water and adding 2 tsp of fertilizer, that last feed could have been in the 5's. That could explain some nute lockout.

In reference to your fan leaf question, new growth refers to brand new leafs, not existing fans that may still be getting bigger.

Thanks for the info. A few months back I would've told you idk what you're talking about... i actually understood everything lol. As for the meter, no i only have the ph meter. I made the biggest rookie mistake by not ph'ing the water after nutes. First time feeding ever and it just completely slipped my mind, never again ! Ran a flush yesterday with about 12 gallons of plain tap water and my final runoff was 6.2.... I'm sure this is an indication of what was going on in the root zone huh ?!

I have been going by ff chart that comes with the nutes, full strength is 3tsp, growbig and when you hit flower the tigerbloom is also full strength at 3tsp, so half strength in ml would be 7.5ml and 1/4 strength would be 3.75ml. I have been feeding every watering (every 5or6 days) since 18 days old. The big bloom that comes with the ff trio is supposed to be good for all stages of growth it is earthworm casting and bat guano, my girls seem to love it, it calls for as much as 6tsp but i have been conserving it so it will last longer, i been giving 3tsp of it every watering. Hope this helps...

Good to know it works when used properly. Thank u. How big are your pots ?

Awesome Tom, that gives him a pretty solid track to start running on.

Master, sounds like they're all flushed out and ready to get back to business. Don't feel bad, I messed up plenty with my first grow. With 5 plants I yielded less than I do now with 1. LOL. My second grow got a little better. The third I was going along great, then I had a pH pen go uncalibrated and ruined the harvest. That proved to me that .5 pH makes a big difference. Took me till the 4th grow till I was crushing it.

420-magazine-mobile1088778135.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1081218552.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1184705957.jpg

Photos of all the plants from today, yellowing is gradually disappearing , rh , air circulation are all good it's just high temps I'm worrying about. My average temp is usually about 26-27 degrees at the moment as it's very hit in Canada right now.

Back
Top Bottom