Help with outdoor solo cups watering

How’s it going now Leon?
hey man, It has been great now thanks for coming back and asking. the new seedlings are doing great, here are some pics, the big one is the one that survived from the first batch, the other ones are a couple of weeks old intended for an indoor grow, waiting for the LED should be here tuesday, and the ones in the white solo cups are the ones on the terrace. they are doing great, might loose a couple that might have dried up sometime last week and the fragile stem suffered, but now i have come to the conclusion that when it is very sunny i should water every other day, and this week it has been raining and cloudy so no scorching heat might go for every 72 or 96 hours, but overall it is going great. I am glad i came to this forum and really apreciate all the help and advice u guys gave. They look like a lot of seedlings but its bagseed so might be many males LOL.

Attachments

• 1590929853243..jpg
    1590929853243..jpg
    721.7 KB · Views: 65
  • 1590930262833..jpg
    1590930262833..jpg
    908.3 KB · Views: 61
BTW, my wife has fond memories from living in Caracas (Los Chaguaramos) during the 70s - early 80s. She’s saddened by what’s happened in your beautiful country. Take care and be safe!
:green_heart:
Well the 70s and early 80s was something quite different from caracas today, it was inarguably the place to be, but it is sadly different now. I surely hope both you and ur wife someday come to caracas to find it back in its glory.

Most excellent! Glad to see everything growing. :thumb:

Please don’t hesitate to PM me too if you have any questions.

Ciao for now
sure will no doubts thank you, I will keep this board updated in time I transplant for both the outdoors and indoors grow, that might be quite motivating for those who might have run into some of the same issues as I did.

¡Hola Leon! :high-five:

How’s it growing in Venezuela?
Hey man, its been alright we finally have some gas for the cars, yeah, thats right, gas, we live above the world's largest proven oil reserves and havent had gas for our cars in abt 2 months, but finally some gas was imported and now we have gone from the worlds cheapest gas to 0.5$ a liter. but enough of politics, now back to our thing here, my solo cups seedlings had a bad day yesterday, it was very hot and sunny and noticed the medium was somewhat dried up, so here is a picture of what they look like now, hope u can be of some help, the one in the large container is the survivor of the april 15 batch, the ones in the smal black pots are abt may 15 and the ones in the white cups are the ones i had on the terrace, the germinated abt may 24 maybe, i just received the viparspectra 600W LED so I intend to repurpose abt 9 of the white cups seedlings for indoor growth so was thinking if they are still good to go? do they look badly damaged? is it worth it or should i germinate some new seeds and start over all again with the indoors grow? the ones in the black pots are intended to be in 7 gal pots for an outdoor maybe build an improvised greenhouse or plastic tarp coz now in june some heavy tropical rains for most of summer. Let me know.

sorry i forgot the pics lol

Attachments

• 1591529149650..jpg
    1591529149650..jpg
    866.8 KB · Views: 59
  • 1591529177839..jpg
    1591529177839..jpg
    973.3 KB · Views: 61
  • 1591529206396..jpg
    1591529206396..jpg
    1 MB · Views: 61
  • 1591529281647..jpg
    1591529281647..jpg
    601.5 KB · Views: 63
  • 1591529309988..jpg
    1591529309988..jpg
    916.1 KB · Views: 61
also, i seem to be having some leaf tip curling with some, could you have an opinion? it is fresh cool and cloudy today.

Attachments

• 1591529730404..jpg
    1591529730404..jpg
    418.5 KB · Views: 58
  • 1591529760487..jpg
    1591529760487..jpg
    337.5 KB · Views: 57
  • 1591529782054..jpg
    1591529782054..jpg
    327.8 KB · Views: 55
  • 1591529877759..jpg
    1591529877759..jpg
    377.2 KB · Views: 58
This baby, hopefully a girl lol, im going with bagseed, is going to be maybe in the garden directly in the soil so i can experiment with this strain in rough outdoor environments, havent made up my mind yet.

Attachments

• 1591529957857..jpg
    1591529957857..jpg
    592.8 KB · Views: 63
Glad to hear from you Leon! It’s such a shame when a country’s leadership is totally clueless and incompetent (like yours and now ours). :rolleyes:

A couple of the white pots look a little crispy, but on the whole, your plants are looking pretty good considering the environment.

Whenever I see plants pointing at their roots, I think they are trying to tell us that there’s a problem there. If you haven’t over-fertilized them, then it may be that they are ready for an up-pot. Without going back, what was your medium again?

The larger plant looks great. Do you have to worry about security where you plan to put it in the ground? The terrace seems perfect otherwise.

from what i have learned is to transplant whenever the plant reaches the rim of the pot (when looked at from the top), i think they might have overheated the roots in the white cups not sure, today is a bit fresher they all out to the sun, i am installing a grow tent inside and the LED and will be putting the white cups under the light for 18-6 and out of the 12 i will be choosing the best 9 or so and go on with those, do u think it would be ok to put them under the lights today to finish whatever is left of the 18 hours?

i think under the more stable conditions if the light only hits the white cups from above that would give the roots some releif and allow them to flourish?

i think under the more stable conditions if the light only hits the white cups from above that would give the roots some releif and allow them to flourish?

Indeed! Even my blue solo cups get very hot here. I grow in perlite hempy, and sometimes I will pour out the solution remaining in the reservoir, and it is Hot - almost uncomfortably so! Plants do not like hot roots, and I think it has probably stunted some growth.

Not really - it’s been so long that probably all her favorite clubs and restaurants are gone. Her family used to have an Italian restaurant in Caracas (Los Chaguaramos), but long closed.

Are there any ex-pats left? She used to hang out at the Commonwealth Association with Brits and others. She also has fond memories of going to the beach at Cayo Sombrero.

Thanks Leon. One of the things I like best about:420: is the connections possible with others around the globe.

Not really - it’s been so long that probably all her favorite clubs and restaurants are gone. Her family used to have an Italian restaurant in Caracas (Los Chaguaramos), but long closed.

Are there any ex-pats left? She used to hang out at the Commonwealth Association with Brits and others. She also has fond memories of going to the beach at Cayo Sombrero.

Thanks Leon. One of the things I like best about:420: is the connections possible with others around the globe.
Wow, that is totally awesome man, Cayo Sombrero is where i always go every year camping with my friends and family, it has been my tradition from about 10 years ago, i go every year for new year and in march also, it is a magical place to be tell her, even though the country is as it is, but camping there for a week or so is my ritual, it is where i feel the safest camping given the current situation. Tell her it is still a magical place to be.

Back
Top Bottom