Help with picking a decent long lasting quality affordable exhaust fan: ETL/CSA/UL certification

Exhaust is in! Grow Lights Canada shipping was very fast even with the christmas rush.

I got the 4 inch Fusion kit. It is very well built and way more durable than the vivo kit. It’s cETLus rated as shown in @UrbanAchiever post. The speed controller does not have a certification, but it’s built very well and it has a 15A fuse which protects it and the fan. I was going to fuse the fan regardless.

Gonna install it in the next few days. Thanks again for the help everyone! I feel way better about this setup.

89BE10B9-1040-4614-A54C-132628C993CF.jpegAB02B2B3-B3C4-4B39-BE31-B603CEF79BC7.jpeg375776E5-DDEE-4751-8D15-09ED85C5A8B6.jpeg1AE98831-7491-4337-8605-FEA5CD2D6558.jpeg2B7C1523-3BF7-469A-95ED-0C52CAA53EA2.jpegF72C3288-906D-47A6-9D19-64069B003300.jpeg

Exhaust is in! Grow Lights Canada shipping was very fast even with the christmas rush.

I got the 4 inch Fusion kit. It is very well built and way more durable than the vivo kit. It’s cETLus rated as shown in @UrbanAchiever post. The speed controller does not have a certification, but it’s built very well and it has a 15A fuse which protects it and the fan. I was going to fuse the fan regardless.

Gonna install it in the next few days. Thanks again for the help everyone! I feel way better about this setup.

89BE10B9-1040-4614-A54C-132628C993CF.jpegAB02B2B3-B3C4-4B39-BE31-B603CEF79BC7.jpeg375776E5-DDEE-4751-8D15-09ED85C5A8B6.jpeg1AE98831-7491-4337-8605-FEA5CD2D6558.jpeg2B7C1523-3BF7-469A-95ED-0C52CAA53EA2.jpegF72C3288-906D-47A6-9D19-64069B003300.jpeg
nice fan!

the mail in canada is superior to amercan mail by a century. I've been waiting a week and a half for a small parcel to just leave the states, while a large parcel from BC to ontario gets here in 4 days. we need to school these guys lol

nice fan!

the mail in canada is superior to amercan mail by a century. I've been waiting a week and a half for a small parcel to just leave the states, while a large parcel from BC to ontario gets here in 4 days. we need to school these guys lol

That's customs not USPS lol

That's customs not USPS lol

it took 4 days for it to get from detroit to chicago lol. then from chicago to i guess another part of chicago? lmao and that was another 5 days. now i guess customs will hang on to it for a week :rolleyes: it's only the size of a large envelope

nice fan!

Send me something from Kanuckistan

See how long it takes

Oh and come over the border with some booze

That would be fun for u too

Sorry for the late reply all! Been busy with the holidays. Can’t really compare international mail to national mail. I ordered my budget lights and they came in pretty quick via usps. Customs will always vary depending on the paperwork. If the shipper doesn’t send in all the proper paperwork or if the item exceeds the duty free limit of like $20 ish it will take extra time no doubt. Can’t control that.

I've got the fan and filter installed. I used the speed controller to put the fan on its lowest setting for noise. However it causes the fan to create a super annoying humming noise which is driving me nuts. The humming seemed to get worse after a few days of use. I am running the fan at full speed now which i don't really want to do. I may invest in a variable transformer to better control the voltage to it. @UrbanAchiever Do you run your fan at full speed or are you using a controller? Also with my fan at full speed the negative pressure in the tent seems pretty intense. It sucks the tent right in, is that okay? Temp is sitting at a stable 72F. 4inch passive intake and a 4inch exhaust fan and filter. Has anyone had issues running the fan on the controller with the humming noises?

Hyperfans don't make any extra noise when you turn them down. ;)

A bigger passive intake(s) will help reduce the negative pressure and increase airflow. Rule of thumb is 2x-3x as much surface area for intake as exhaust.
4in≈12in² 6in≈28in²

Hyperfans don't make any extra noise when you turn them down. ;)

A bigger passive intake(s) will help reduce the negative pressure and increase airflow. Rule of thumb is 2x-3x as much surface area for intake as exhaust.
4in≈12in² 6in≈28in²
When i buy a house within the next year or so imma scoop up some decent hyper fans for sure lol. Thanks for the info! I'll pick up some bigger intake ducting this weekend!

I use a controller and have ran the fan at different speeds.

The first time I set it up I had attached it to a couple wall studs. The vibration and hum were too much. So I put my fan on the ground, on a bit of a wooden stand in case of flooding, and it eliminated the vibration and hum.
That's the problem! The fan does humm/vibrate more when it is dimmed with the controller. That's likely just the type of controller, it messes up the sine wave a bit. However, i mounted it with ratchet straps to a steel I-beam in my basement that supports the house and that was causing the vibration/humming upstairs lol. Loosened off the straps and the annoying humm is gone!

I actually have that intake duct sitting on top of the tent, not on the floor. I brought it in high because i was worried it would pull in colder temps near the basement floor. I was considering bringing it in low and still bringing the end of the intake duct up high above the tent if i need to.

Back
Top Bottom