Help With Plant Deficiency In Supersoil?

Need some help guys & gals,

Believe it or not - but I suck at picking out deficiencies.... especially in my own garden!

Hawaiian Haze, 3 weeks into flower. She is in a 3 gallon bucket of supersoil, at last upcan I was working alone and could not pull her rootball out of 3 gallon bucket, it is my only 3 gallon bucket and I didn’t want to cut the bucket in half to get her out. (been there - done that before) so I drilled 5 dozen holes total - a dozen in each of the 4 sides and another dozen in bottom and stuck her 3 gallon bucket into a 16 gallon tub of same soil mix. Lights 2 Mars SP-250‘s LED’s. 75 degrees & 50 rh in daytime temp drops to 68 at night

Soil mix is peat, perlite, manure & humus, rabbit poop, worm castings, (yes that’s a lot of shit so went easy on the ratios) mulch, kelp, oyster shell flour, bone meal, crustacean meal, alfalfa pellets, azomite, ditomaceous earth, epsoms, Borax, biochar, lime, azos & mycos, a touch of 6-5-3 Down to Earth BioThrive, mosquito dunks and mosquito bits mixed in top layers of soil and top-dressed as well. Soil mixed and watered in and cooked in a tub at 70 degree room temp sweated for almost 4 months before potting up.

Well water drilled thru 420 foot of granite water was coming in at 6.8 but have not checked ph in a minute. I will recalibrate pen in the morning and see if it’s drifted from 6.8. Plastic water pipe not copper - water sits out 24 hours overnight to give mosquito dunks and mosquito bits time to activate, adding Stout MSA silica and 5-1-1 Fish Hydrosylate

Yes we have been battling spider mites and fungus gnats since spring... using sticky cards and spraying Spinosad, I had her looking pretty freaking awesome and was gone for couple days and BAM. Little nute burn, little wind burn, tips claw down

I will post pics in just a sec....

Thanks for reading - 013

Oh crap its been a while but it was a take off between Coots and I think Oly Mountain. I forgot to add the mulch part but have edited the first post to include that. I know it’s got a lot of organic material already with the manure & humus, rabbit poop & worm castings, but the rabbit poop is not supposed to be hot and it was not a significant amount only 2 gallons on half a bale of peat. It was all watered in and started cooking by August. I’ve got few tablespoons of Borax and I recall reading how you like to add a penny but I always use a long skinny wire style copper plumbing strap

Apologies for not knowing current water ph from well, meant to take care of that today but got home late & lights out etc

Ah flippity flip. Ok. I’ve got other tubs of soil too, but no worries I can add srp and recook those tubs. Can I hit her with bone meal or super phosphate to adjust for now? I’ve got a few basic nutes still like the cal-mag and most of the FF Big box ingredients too, I can hit with recharge later if necessary

What shall I do Doctor Em? Get out the 12 guage and send her onward?

does this drain into the bigger pot ? i tried this and well there wasn't a lot of roots like i thought so the bottom was water logged as it didn't drain enough through the second pot , it sat wetter for longer and i seen leaves get mag def .
its just a thought mate , just trying to get my head around it , its my first coffee lol,

The magnesium deficiency can occur because uptake is inhibited because of:

• A very wet, cold and/or acidic root environment.
  • A high quantity of (k) , ammonia and/or calcium (for instance high concentrations of calcium carbonate in drinking water, or clay soils rich in calcium) in comparison with the quantity of magnesium.
  • A limited root system and heavy plant demands.
  • A high ec in the growing medium, which hinders evaporation.

Ok I have been watering more frequent since she started flower. Yes it is a heavier calcium mix with DE, oyster shell & crustacean meal. Yes it drains thru the second pot, not sure if the roots are going into second pot as much as I hoped it would. Second pot has couple inches of perlite in bottom but that part should drain ok, but obviously I can’t see a thing.

I can crank the temps more, no problem. Break out the epsoms?

get that coffee and wake n bake thing going

Ok I have been watering more frequent since she started flower. Yes it is a heavier calcium mix with DE, oyster shell & crustacean meal. Yes it drains they the second pot, not sure if the roots are going into second pot as much as I hoped it would. But obviously I can’t see a thing.

I can crank the temps more, no problem. Break out the epsoms?

get that coffee and wake n bake thing going
if you do , i would give a very weak foliar feed on a few leaves only , look up the ratio :thumb:

When diluted with water, Epsom salt is easily taken up by plants, especially when applied as a foliar spray. Most plants can be misted with a solution of 2 tablespoons (30 mL) of Epsom salt per gallon of water once a month. For more frequent watering, every other week, cut this back to 1 tablespoon (15 mL

I can’t measure water like before, I ran wet dry cycle hard in veg but once I up-canned to the big tub that went out the window. Flip & upcan at same time 3 weeks ago. She has gotten a lot more water since flipping 3 weeks ago no doubt. I can let her dry out more if you think that will help - no problem there. I’m down for a mag foliar if you think that’s where she’s hit the wall. I won’t do anything else until later tomorrow just so this one can percolate for a bit... but a mag foliar is cool by me.

Thanks for looking up ratio - you are pretty freaking awesome!!!

Only trying to help :) , im sure Em will keep you right also , some times with the peat base , if there's no wetting agent the fluids run off you see and sit at the bottom , it looses the cation exchange capacity, it doesn't hold nutes they run off , this is why i have moved from peat base to coco based super soil , you can buy the wetting agent but that's just extras lol called yucca

I did wet dry in veg but also did bottom watering 5 minute soak and then top watering a few rounds until she bubbled and gurgled. Then I did doc’s tilt the pot to suck oxygen down followed by another bottom watering and top watering. When I bottom water I use deep 15 gallon tub with enough water to fill at least 3/4 of the way up on the side of the container being dunked.

Don’t think soil went hydrophobic on me.

Back
Top Bottom