Help with plants

Mattjones1234

Dear all,

I have an outdoor grow of Northern and also Colombian Jack however the issues I am encountering don't seem to be to do with the strain.

I had some work done on the garden and had to move the pots inside for a week and while they had light coming in from the window in now way were they getting the lighting they are used to. They are now back outside and for some reason the leaves have turned a yellow and a bit brown also. I have attached a couple of pictures and would appriciate one of the experts on here to give me their view on what's happening and how to best try and fix it.

Cheers

20210623_190711.jpg

20210623_190659.jpg

Looks like light burn, I'm wondering if the burnt leaves were formed while the plant was in the poor lighting then couldn't adapt when put back into full sunlight. The older more established leaves look OK. Hopefully the condition will right itself once the plants get used to full sun again. Did you feed heavily before they went inside? That could be a contibuting factor. Let's see what others have to say.

Hello!

I would advise you into giving more details.
Specially regarding nutrition.

What nutrients are you using, in what strenght, and how do you feed them?
How old in weeks the plants are?

The damage is appearing only on the upper leaves?

They're sunburned- @Phytoplankton nailed it.
They'll grow out of it, it should only slow them down a week or so...
If you do that again, give them a day or 2 in semi-shade before full sun.

You also have a pest call thrips. The leave little silver looking streaks on the leaf's.

Looks like light burn, I'm wondering if the burnt leaves were formed while the plant was in the poor lighting then couldn't adapt when put back into full sunlight. The older more established leaves look OK. Hopefully the condition will right itself once the plants get used to full sun again. Did you feed heavily before they went inside? That could be a contibuting factor. Let's see what others have to say.
Thank you that makes a lot of sense. They had poor light and went back outside without a transition. Hope they will get better soon. Would you recommend leaving them or pruning off the 'burnt' leaves?

Back
Top Bottom