Help With Powdery Mold Please!

hovo

Yo whats up, i just finished my first grow in soil, 4 sour og, 3 og, 3 Pure Kush. Lot to handle for the first time let me tell ya. I had a couple of problems on the way but i solved most of them myself, i yanked the plants a couple of weeks later then i should've because i was trying to solve a problem with white powdery mold. I spayed them with 2 different kinds of fungacide (all organic) one had sulfer as main ingredient, but they didn't solve the problem. I have them hanging upside down to dry but i haven't got rid of all powdery mold, I don't know what i should do. I don't want to trash em cuz i waited forever to finally pull em and i took a sample and this stuff is potent. Any suggestion how i can get rid of this white powdery crap because i sure as hell don't want to just throw them away after 4 months of growing and stressing for em or is it too late. I was thinking of putting them in a big box with a sulfur burner because i was told they work really well, even though sulfur burner is kinda expensive solution but i'll do whatever i have too. Now i'm setting up my own hydro drip system because i'm sick of dealing with soil and all the problems that come with it. I know Hydro is more difficult in some ways but it sure as hell beats having to mix soil, dealing with bugs from soil, dealing with fungis from soil and also dirt getting on everything. Some help would be much appreciated.

Re: Help With Powdery Mold Please!!!

They are on the buds how am i just gonna cut them off. covered in white powdery mold or fungis whatever the hell.

Mold is a big problem, and I hate to say it but it's probably best to junk them and start over. The hyphae, or roots of the mold, extends far into the afflicted bud. Cutting off the infected area will not cure the plant nor will it stop the mold from spreading to other unafflicted plants. Once mold is in the plants system, it is there to stay.

I would cut them all down, throughly clean the room with a dilluted bleach solution, and start over from new seed. It sucks, but it happens. Next time try to keep you humidity under control and keep the air moving with a fan. The leading causes of mold is high humidity and stagnent air.

Smoking it is NOT worth the risk to your health as some molds can be toxic.

I've already pulled em and hung them to dry, i was worried i might have to trash them but is there no way i can do something with a sulfur burner. The thing that sucks the most is that the humidity of the room never goes above 50% and is usually around 30-40% and my temp is at 65F-80F. So for sure a sulfure burner won't help? i just want too be a 100% sure before i trash em, i did put a lot of money and time into them. You guys can understand my pain.

Back
Top Bottom