Help with pretty much everything

HigherTheHigh

Hello everyone
I know there is probably hundreds of these types of threads but I wanted my own so I could put in my signature and add recipes along the way as I'm really sick of smoking, so edibles it is, I loved them last time and regret massively not making more and sticking to them.

I currently have 25g of bud, i want to create jelly babies, I have 280ml cold pressed coconut oil but I can get more of needed, unfortunately I don't know the thc % but if I had to guess around 14-15% and I'd like to get around 300-400 quality jelly babies.

I need to know how much coconut oil I put to every 25g, I will be turning around 20-30oz of bud into jelly babies to be frozen and used daily, I also have some Mylar bags that I plan to put around 5-10 in but I may cover them all in citric acid to give them that sour taste but also to preserve them unless someone has a preservative suggestion as that would be great!

There's a calculator online that I can pretty much get the rest from it's just this part in stuck with on the ratio.

Few questions as I've never tried a genuine 10mg jelly baby or similar, can someone tell me what the feeling would be like?

I would like each of my jelly babies have enough luck for you to feel it but not overly powering, maybe take 2-3for a real knock out sleep.

Thanks.

I believe making jelly bears requires a different process than oil infusion. I don't think there should be any oil when making jelly bears. You can make some pretty good chocolate from the infused oil though.

What calculator is that?
I just quickly googled recipes for cannabis gummy bears, and it says to use tincture. That is very different to oil, alcohol based and a couple of hundred times stronger or so...

Just read

Jelly babies = Gummy Bear

I've made them a bunch with infused oil, works great

Basic recipe here

• 1/4 cup weed-infused coconut oil
• 1/2 cup water
• 1 oz unflavored gelatin
• 6-oz package Jell-O (pick your favorite flavor!)
• A silicone mold

Now the strength of the oil is upto u

I'll go 2/1 ratio of weed to liquid
16g of bud to 8oz oil, seems good for me

Thank you, I'm going to infuse the coconut oil with the bud tomorrow, I usually keep it just below simmering for about 4 stirring often as I can is that about right? I usually do butter.

How do u do it??

Dbl boiler??

I do have a slow cooker but because it's very little material it would be a very thin layer on the base so I was planning on either putting the mix in there or use a bigger pan with water and sit the silver bowl in and book the pan and that way I could do it for around 6 hours, is that somewhere near?

I decarbed my bud today at 120°c for 25 mins that was also from a website.

I know I burnt the butter in a small pan lol I know what you mean, if I had more plant material I would do it in the slow cooker.

My plan is to make 1 batch of gummy bears with 10g of coconut oil,try them and if needed I will adjust the next batch, if these work and I can actually feel something a lot more intense then I know it will help me so then I will be turning all of my yield into coconut oil then be frozen ready to make more edibles :).

So after decarbing and infusing 20g of bud to 250g of coconut oil and after finishing infusing for a little over 6 hours I ended up with 200g of Coconut induced cannabis oil ready for making 300 gummy bears with tomorrow.

So I made a batch up, I used 60ml of coconut and and ended up with 235 gummy bears.

I used a calculator online which was absolutely no wear near so my question is I have 100ml left oil, could I put that all into the same amount of mix as today?

This was my mix today:

100g Jelly cubes
30g gelatine
160ml of water

I'd rather ask before I potentially naff a batch up.

Back
Top Bottom