Help with soil

Re: help wid soil

Never heard of it, soil mixes are a dime a dozen, plus everyone swears by the one that works for them. Read the labels and research the ingredients.

I don't really now what am lucking for , Iv got super lemon haze , from green house , if grown before but won't to do properly this Time , growing in a tent

What your looking for in a soil depends on the style of soil growing you are going to employ. I would suggest a 100% all natural grow, and I could help ya with that.

It sounds so easy till you actually begin to get into it. Then you find very quickly that its not just a weed when your trying to grow the best or at least something to be proud of.

help wid sead lighting on heat

Thank for help with soil , now I need bit help wid seeds, how long do I leave in light , sum have started to sprote up now , sum haven't how long do I leave them in the light is it 18 on 6 off straight through to buding

Get FoxFarm Ocean Forest and pot up until flower. Use an organic/organic based flower nutrient like Age Old Bloom, or FoxFarm BigBloom.

It is much better to make your own mix though. I mix about 100gal of soil in my yard on a tarp with over 22 different ingredients. Let it sit for 30 days after mixing in water, and you are good to go. Water only, maybe a little silica and compost tea.

Combined with beneficial insects its the ultimate in organic growing.

I would have to dispute the last post a little. "Organic based" nutrients are a sham. FF big bloom is actually all natural, organic, and a great product. The thing with "organic based" nutrients is they are designed to mislead folks. For example: if I am aiming for an organic grow, then I am aiming to have a living soil mix, where I rely heavily on benificials to basically do my gardening for me. (And that is how it works and yes it does work great!). Now if I apply organic based nutrients (FF tiger bloom is a good example here) I would be essentially killing off the micro herd (my gardening helpers).

Think of this analogy: I am cooking dinner for my vegan friend. I make a nice veggie stew with mushroom stock, but then I throw a bit of hamburger in the stew. Oh... It's a vegan based stew... I say. My vegan friend won't eat it now. But it's vegan based, I say. LOL, doesn't matter, meat added, damage done. Same with organic based bttl'd nutes. Generally steering clear of the Bottled nutrients in the first place is a safe bet (there are some exceptions). And read the labels and google ingredients. I have some friends who think they are growing organically but they are not. Someone sold them a lie and some bottles at the grow store. It's a touchy subject, I've found ppl are quite defensive here.

I am posting this to help folks who want to go organic with their grows, the marketing ploys are there and can be misleading.

No offense Drrosko intended, just had to clarify what organic based really is: a marketing ploy to mislead the uneducated consumer.

Oh I know man. You are right! :goodjob: I grow all my stuff TLO with no liquid nutes OMRI listed or not. I only use AACTs to supplement my super-awesome custom soil mix. I was just trying to keep it basic since the OP doesn't seem to know much about growing in soil so it's probably best he/she cut their teeth on something simple.

So yes, if OP wants to be "organic" they should use OMRI listed soil (I doubt FFOF is, but it could be. I just don't care enough to check atm) and the OMRI listed FF Bloom or other manufacturers "Bloom" product. This is because "Organic" is only a USDA certification... And I don't know how much you believe in the Gov't making good decisions and evaluations but I wouldn't put an OMRI stamp on too high of a pedestal.

But I still think that is probably BS as well. I worked at a farm where I tended an "Organic" greenhouse and an inorganic one. It was funny when my bosses couldn't tell the difference between the "organic" and "inorganic" ferts for veggie start production. The owner had to explain, pointing out a tiny OMRI stamp and the higher price-tag, haha.

You want organic go full TLO. You want franken-nugs, buy any 3-part nutrient line and follow the instructions. Preferably GenHydro nutes, gotta love the colors of 'em... :smokin:

Chemical nutrients do not always kill off the life if at all. But they do not work to foster it like natural manures. Justus Von Liebig the inventor of "artificial manure", now referred to as "fertilizer":cheesygrinsmiley: , stopped using his own invention after he witnessed it's effects on the life in his own garden. If you can go all-natural, it's much better for the environment. Run-off pollution draining into your local watershed is reduced or eliminated, potentially less heavy-metals like arsenic and lead are introduced to the soil cycle and your body, it's easier once you get the hang of it, and the buds are just plain amazing.

The last two is why I really do it! Everyone is contributing to pollution so I do not hold myself morally superior for growing naturally in soil when it hardly corrects the never ending exponentially growing pollution issue. :goof:

I just like having a lot of life in the grow room, not only the plants. It makes it like a mini zen forest with inhabitants like it should be.

I don't really now what am lucking for , Iv got super lemon haze , from green house , if grown before but won't to do properly this Time , growing in a tent

Good evening stem.
I too am growing S.L.H from G.H.S Company. I am growing in Canna Professional Plus. with Ionics grow. plus root gen. On potting I also put a teaspoon of Mycorrazia in the root hole. the plants are loving this set up for them.

It will help if you say what part of this world you are in. As what is available to one will almost not be available to another. I also assume by your statement " I don't really know what I am looking for " that you still have your seeds on the card ?. there are some fantastic people on here that will be willing to help you.

If it helps you I will be posting a grow journal in the next couple of days. and you will be very surprised to see the huge difference form the original pictures to the current condition/size.

Good luck.

Good evening stem.
I too am growing S.L.H from G.H.S Company. I am growing in Canna Professional Plus. with Ionics grow. plus root gen. On potting I also put a teaspoon of Mycorrazia in the root hole. the plants are loving this set up for them.

It will help if you say what part of this world you are in. As what is available to one will almost not be available to another. I also assume by your statement " I don't really know what I am looking for " that you still have your seeds on the card ?. there are some fantastic people on here that will be willing to help you.

If it helps you I will be posting a grow journal in the next couple of days. and you will be very surprised to see the huge difference form the original pictures to the current condition/size.

Good luck.

Let's see that Journal! :)

Back
Top Bottom