Help With Tent Selection

Buddie Blanco

420 Member
Hello this is my first post so please bare with me. I have a CPL grows in my closet but my last one was really smelling up the house. So I need a Tent I use a 600w hid with a huge air cooled hood and I'm looking at Vivosun 5x5 kit with another 600w hid for about $250. And I have a few questions #1 Is this Overkill #2 Will I be better off with a smaller size and just use my 600w? #3 Is Vivosun tents any good? I know Gorilla Grow is the gold standard but I can't afford one right now #4 Anyone have any suggestions? Please and Thank You All for taking the time to read this.

I have a vivosun tent. It's ok. Everything gets pinholes around the stitching eventually. I have an Apollo as well, same thing.

Mine are in our office space so I just keep the lights off in there to prevent light leak problems.

I have a vivosun tent. It's ok. Everything gets pinholes around the stitching eventually. I have an Apollo as well, same thing.

Mine are in our office space so I just keep the lights off in there to prevent light leak problems.
Thanks for the feedback, I seen that was really the only issue with them but definitely seem worth it.

I prefer the Apollo over the Vivosun. It has 3 passive openings instead of 2 and it also has two openings on the ceiling compared to one on the Vivosun. Better airflow and more flexibility with installation. It's also a couple inches wider than the Vivosun although neither of them measure 48" inside the corner poles.

That brand's tents are probably identical to all the other generic-class tent brands (iPower, Apollo, et cetera). I'd guess that the same factory produces all of them, because that's how it often works in the PRC.

For "cheap" grow tents, this brand is probably the highest-quality/rated:

The company is also a forum sponsor, so you'll be able to get more reliable feedback and support. In fact, when the company redesigned its grow tents a couple years ago, the company representative asked US what features we considered to be important ones.

EDIT: There's also generally a "secret" forum discount code that can be entered at checkout for a small reduction in price. And the price includes the cost of shipping, at least in the USA, so that makes the actual cost even less than the advertised price implies.

I prefer the Apollo over the Vivosun. It has 3 passive openings instead of 2 and it also has two openings on the ceiling compared to one on the Vivosun. Better airflow and more flexibility with installation. It's also a couple inches wider than the Vivosun although neither of them measure 48" inside the corner poles.
I never checked out Apollo I'll look into them right now. Thanks for the recommendation and letting me know about the measurements too.

That brand's tents are probably identical to all the other generic-class tent brands (iPower, Apollo, et cetera). I'd guess that the same factory produces all of them, because that's how it often works in the PRC.

For "cheap" grow tents, this brand is probably the highest-quality/rated:

The company is also a forum sponsor, so you'll be able to get more reliable feedback and support. In fact, when the company redesigned its grow tents a couple years ago, the company representative asked US what features we considered to be important ones.
I was just looking at their LEDs it's 2 and a tent for about $550 w s/h. Thanks for the link that is the best deal I seen for a quality tent.

(Took me a moment to find your reply in that block of quoted text, lol.)

Yeah, they often have "package deals" on their website. And if someone wants to order a combination of items that isn't an advertised "package," maybe you want a tent and two lights and your neighbor wants you to order a different sized tent and some other light, then they'll probably work with you to get a better price on the whole order. But I'm guessing that there's no "discount chart" for them to refer to for something like that, lol, rather that the exact discount would depend on what the customer is willing to order, whatever their standard profit margins are on those items, whether they have an excess stock of them or are selling them as quickly as they can manufacture them, et cetera. And there's a pretty big health crisis right now, of course, so "business as usual" probably isn't for a lot of companies. But they do seem to try to work with their customers, probably more than the average company does.

The bulk of the "Mars Hydro discussion" takes place in one giant sponsor's thread:

(Took me a moment to find your reply in that block of quoted text, lol.)

Yeah, they often have "package deals" on their website. And if someone wants to order a combination of items that isn't an advertised "package," maybe you want a tent and two lights and your neighbor wants you to order a different sized tent and some other light, then they'll probably work with you to get a better price on the whole order. But I'm guessing that there's no "discount chart" for them to refer to for something like that, lol, rather that the exact discount would depend on what the customer is willing to order, whatever their standard profit margins are on those items, whether they have an excess stock of them or are selling them as quickly as they can manufacture them, et cetera. And there's a pretty big health crisis right now, of course, so "business as usual" probably isn't for a lot of companies. But they do seem to try to work with their customers, probably more than the average company does.

The bulk of the "Mars Hydro discussion" takes place in one giant sponsor's thread:
Bro, always thought Mars was outta my price range. As soon as my new Debit card is here I'll be buying one of their tents and maybe a light or two. Thanks for the feedback for sure the best site I joined yet. Everyone is the best.

Back
Top Bottom