Help with unwanted CBD plant

I always place the seeds vertically in a container. I know the first root from the seeds only know one direction, gravity, and it's always pulling down and horizontal germination can make fonor a fragile, corkscrew shaped taproot looking for down and can try to work itself into the wetnap again, fragile taproot. So that's why I looked over germination how to's. So, I'll stop the HP but why use tap water if I have distilled?

So many people condemn tap water and most of them bolster various RO purifiers.

Myself, just started aeration for the water until the nutrient premix (also under aeration) runs out to rid more of the tap chemicals.

I even tried running water through activated carbon but it didn't purify much better at all.

If anybody else ever heard of h2o2 for germination, please chime in...

I found this topic in this forum via Google. "Germinating with hydrogen peroxide". And 2 drops in 5ml water us a drop in the bucket compared to what is there!

Search this forum

Tap water is easily available to me. Cost me nothing more and it works 100% for me.

My approach is do what works and keep it stupid simple (kiss). If I’m having issues, I stop and see where I’ve over complicated things.

I agree

I use tap water except for seeds and seedlings.

HYDROGUARD is listing itself as, good from seedlings to harvest.

Am I correct in thinking that I can mix 5 gallons of nutes in a one gallon concentrate to carry outside to refill the 5 gallon outside bucket? Then dilute it with the hose?

I do pretty close to what BobbyZ does.
Except I don't use tap water, mine is too high in chlorine/Chloramine to germinate seeds in.
I soak in a shot glass of RO water with aloe vera flakes mixed in.
Soak for between 12 to 18 hours.
Take the same aloe vera water from the shot glass and soak a paper towel, put seeds in towel and fold it over, place inside a plastic baggie.
Put that on top of my old laptop or my router, anyplace that's about 80 degrees.

They usually pop within 12 hours of putting them in the paper towel.

I use tap water except for seeds and seedlings.

HYDROGUARD is listing itself as, good from seedlings to harvest.

Am I correct in thinking that I can mix 5 gallons of nutes in a one gallon concentrate to carry outside to refill the 5 gallon outside bucket? Then dilute it with the hose?
I’m in fox farm soil, so I won’t be able to help you with your feed. I keep everything on the same schedule and adjust per plant if they ask for it.

I do pretty close to what BobbyZ does.
Except I don't use tap water, mine is too high in chlorine/Chloramine to germinate seeds in.
I soak in a shot glass of RO water with aloe vera flakes mixed in.
Soak for between 12 to 18 hours.
Take the same aloe vera water from the shot glass and soak a paper towel, put seeds in towel and fold it over, place inside a plastic baggie.
Put that on top of my old laptop or my router, anyplace that's about 80 degrees.

They usually pop within 12 hours of putting them in the paper towel.
I tried the plastic baggie last time it worked good. I just made sure the baggie was open to breath. I don’t know if that’s necessary, but it worked. I also wrapped it in a towel. It held the moisture in the paper towel much better.
:thumb:

Maybe there lies my problem!! When I do the wetnap part, I seal up the container not allowing air circulation. I'll think about that right now because I have one in the paper towel right now...

With the indoor hydro, every bucket has a 1/4 black air line dedicated to siphoning test water every couple days as well as a $1 homemade water level gage to always know exactly where the water line is and how much fluids to add each evening. And this setup is extremely cheap, efficient and minimal effort in maintaining the fluids.

This will be the cheapest water gage short of lifting the plant and looking. And that could cost with plant damage. Thus only lifting it for water changes and root inspections snd sniffing the water at every nute check...

14 inch straws would be ideal BUT, I can't find black straws longer than 7.5 inches long so I use 12 inch red straws from 7 11. Roll and insert a disposable foam ear plugs all the way inside one end (1/4 inch beyond the tip) being careful not to crack the straws where water will leak through and disturb the buoyancy. The float is ready...

Next cut a 1/2 inch od hole at the hydro basket/lids along the edge inside. And get a 1/2 od black plastic pipe and cut it about 2.5 inches longer than the bucket is tall (Reason) so the roots can't go near the float.

Make the water level exactly where it has to be.

Then push the pipe down to the bottom and lift it up 1/2 inch. Make a visible mark at the top lid of the basket/lid line and put the O-ring at that mark.

Now, raise the pipe 3 more inches and insert the float and make mark on the float at the top of the pipe, (this is to show the "ad water line" then simply push the pipe back down to the O-ring and make the "full line " on the float and IT'S ALL DONE!! The thing to remember is to tap the float to break any surface tension between the pipe and float, and remove the float before you remove the plant/basket to prevent cracking the fragile straw/float.

The parts list and finished gage shoud look something like these! Improve it, and/or enjoy it.

IMG_20190518_160011.jpgIMG_20190518_160035.jpgIMG_20190518_211254.jpg

While giving my plant its first going over in a few days and noticed that the ends of many branches and lower nodes are starting to look different. They appear to be fuzzy or crowded and less like the usual alternating fan leaves.

Here's closer pics so maybe someone can see if something is happening.

IMG_20190518_223045.jpg
IMG_20190518_223013.jpg
IMG_20190518_222950.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190518_223045.jpg
    IMG_20190518_223045.jpg
    600.6 KB · Views: 97
Resubmit last post. Sent this last evening but didn't get a reply... look at the pictures too.

While giving my plant its first going over in a few days and noticed that the ends of many branches and lower nodes are starting to look different. They appear to be fuzzy/frizzy or crowded and less like the usual alternating fan leaves.

Here's closer pics or look up. so maybe someone can see if something is happening.

Attachments

• IMG_20190518_223045.jpg
    IMG_20190518_223045.jpg
    600.6 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_20190518_223013.jpg
    IMG_20190518_223013.jpg
    720 KB · Views: 102
It looks like this CBD is no longer UNWANTED! It finally started flowering so, I'll try to see it through to harvest!

Back
Top Bottom