Help with your 150 watt sunlight supply light grow

SuperWeedner

i have the 150 watt light as well however

i have surrounded the seedlings with 2, 2ft t5 sunblasters on sides of closet and 1, 3ft on the back of closet then i have the the hps bulb over the top as well as 3, 3"foot t5 sunblasters on top they sit with spacers resting on the 2 2fter lights that are mounted on side so no need of trying to hang the sunblasters. there spaced out evenly so the light from the 150 watt can penetratrate nicely though the canopy and through the t5s there doing really well you can have at least 6 plants under this setup however i would suggest you have no more than 2 plants in a 3 foot long 2 foot wide area.

go for less plants and more yeild trust me it will work one big suggestion that you will come to know as good advice:

1. with the 150 watt light dont try and do alot of plants with the light go for less plants and more yield. you want to use a scrog for sure!
(yes its 150 watt light but it does not reach under the canopy this is where my t5s are doing there job.)

i will be adding some cool white spiral cfl bulbs they use 45 watts but give alot of the spectrum needed. these bulbs are 19 dollars 95 cents at any walmart in canada they only carry a few at a time but you will know them when you see them just go to a few different wal marts to buy them cause there is usually only 2 on each stores shelves slow selling i guess. THEY FIT AND WORK IN NORMAL SOCKETS OR LAMPS (TIP): buy the splitter so you can have 2 of the bulbs in 1 lamp or light socket +safety+ 100 watt socket MUST be used dont go with a socket that is made for 60 watts only . (the splitter is any normal Y attachment it looks like a Y it is usually white...i buy at canadian tire.

anyway sorry back to the 150 watt light: the light is working, I DO FEEL that given the chance i would buy a second to add in my 3 foot long 2 foot wide 7 foot high office closet I WOULD use only 2 plants in nice large pots I WOULD use a screen for even canopy, I WOULD DEFENITELY ADD TUBE LIGHTING ON SIDES AND ABOVE WITH THE 150 WATT.

IN CONCLUSION: IN THE END YOU MAY WANT TO GO WITH A LARGER LIGHT SOURCE AS WITH THE 150 WATT LIGHT YOU WILL NEED TO SPEND MORE MONEY ON CFL LIGHTING THEN YOU PAID FOR THE 150 WATT AND YOU WILL FIND you need to spend more on cfl with the 150 watt WHEN you could just get the one larger 400 watt with the digital lumatek ballast,batwing reflector,power cords,and BOTH BULBS MH/HPS INCLUDED for 230.00 in a small hydro store i can provide the contact info for this store if anyone wants it I AM NOT A store owner but i think if there are these kinds of deals out there then i had better spread the msg.

*** FOR A SMALL GROWER THE 150 WATT WITH A FEW CFLS WORKS WELL SO YEAH FOR THE PRICES LISTED HERE ITS WORTH IT... 1 plant maybe 2 with cfls *** i paid 130.00 for it when i should of spent the extra 100 bucks and gotten a 400 watt whole package for 230.00

**** it is true that the 150 watt gets very hot if not ventilated and i have burned plants with this light easily, YOU MUST keep this light further away then they suggest.
i dont know why its just something with this specific light any suggestions as to why would be a great asset.

HOPE THIS HELPS SUPERWEEDNER

Back
Top Bottom