Help! Yellow/brown dying leaves! 5 wks into flowering

YogaDude

Within the last week or so my fan leaves have been turning yellow. Then, a couple days ago they started wilting and turning brown! The pH of the soil appears to be 7. She's been getting 1 cup FF Big bloom [3tsp/gal] and 1 cup FF Grow Big [2tsp/gal] once a week, and distilled water every 2 days. I'm kinda freaking out about it, pls help!

DSC002566.JPG

They've gotten a little worse than this as of now.

DSC002555.JPG

now that yard mentions it, yeah 3 times a week seems like a bit much, i had almost 50% perlite in my soil, and i was watering every 4 days.

Hmm, dang! I was hoping I was just freaking out. Okay, I'll cut down on feeding it water. To give a little more info, she's in a 5 gal bucket and gets 2 cups each watering. I've been using a finger in the dirt method to try and start some sort of watering schedule, but I don't like guessing and checking and wished I confidently knew how to water her. This is my 5th wk in flowering... guess she's lookin a bit small, heh... I will also be sure to pick up some calmag tomorrow. I'm working on getting this plant (my first) through harvest and also finishing my future setup. Currently documenting via journal in my sig. Please feel free to stop by :Namaste:

heres the thing, you are so far along in flower to start trying to correct nitro def or mag def in your fan leaves is futile, it is best you focus on maintain pertain folage on and around the bud itself for the next 10- 14 days assuming u intend on flushing on day 42 or 46 to harvest at a 52-56 day. based on your strain... at least save your colas from overdose by tryin to correct a mag or nitro def; plus the taste will be horrible. to late in cycle to correct. good luck

heres the thing, you are so far along in flower to start trying to correct nitro def or mag def in your fan leaves is futile, it is best you focus on maintain pertain folage on and around the bud itself for the next 10- 14 days assuming u intend on flushing on day 42 or 46 to harvest at a 52-56 day. based on your strain... at least save your colas from overdose by tryin to correct a mag or nitro def; plus the taste will be horrible. to late in cycle to correct. good luck

I strongly disagree with that. 35+ days into flower is too late to correct a problem? False.

52-56 days is no where near long enough for soil.

We know it's not an N deficiency since the plant really doesn't need N now. If it is Mag deficiency the plant will stop producing resins, oils (the reason we grow them) and eventually stop everything.

Flush at 63 days and harvested around 70 days...that's over 3 weeks to make the plant healthier.

10 ml of GH's organic cal mag is around 500 ppm, not close to an "overdose".

i agree with yard. you can try to fix nute problems all the way up to a week or two from harvest. i normally allow 1.5-2 for a final flush, but, i''v heard 1 week is enough in most cases.

you can allow for less of a flush if you wean them off the nutes over time, vs going full bore right to the end. if you are slightly nute burning your plants the whole grow, i think 2 weeks is more acurate, while if they are nice and healthy with no overdosing all they way through the last few weeks, 1 week should be fine.

when you go to give your final flush, when i was in soil, if i had it in a 3 gallon pot, i would flush with 12 gallons of fresh water, its way overkill, but it ensures you flushed all you can out of the soil, and there is no second guessing.

with hydro, i just pop the res out, dump it, put it back on empty, and pour a gallon of tap water (i use RO in my res.. but for doing this i just use tap) through each of the pots to wash the pots and roots off,
dump the res, then fill the res with tap water, and gently swish the root mass in that, to get the last of the roots rinsed.
dump it again, and fill with RO water.

the tap water used for this sits out for 24 hours to get rid of chlorine, and my tap water sits at 120ppm.. (so in my eyes, good enough to grow with, but i like to take out guess work and use RO)

again, that pretty much overkill seems show most people probably just dump the res and refill with plain water.

forgot to add, with the fresh water, i add a bit of superthrive. its not a nutrient, just vitamins and hormones, i do this so i dont accidently shock them when rinsing everything.

Can anybody help me? Im seeing brown dots on yellowish leafs. My plant is Shot Adrenaline Auto.
I thought I overfed the plant and flushed with tap water. And for one week Im not watering.

Nitrogen for sure,, use over drive, it has nitrogen in it an duse cal mag plus. It wil help alittle.. Next time add nitrogen first 3 weeks of flowering..

I used fox farm and never used any grow nutes yet and im in 5th week of flowering.. I have an unopen bottle and my leaves are still green..
How and why?>??
I used fox farm ocean forest..its loaded with greens.plus im using over drive and liquid karma and some carbs,impretty sure it has alittle bit of green because my shit is nice..
Click on my journal!!!

Back
Top Bottom