Help yellowing leaves! Deficiency?

GreenToe419

image_9_6.jpg
image_9_6.jpg
image_11_7.jpg
image_10_5.jpg

Hey guys this is my second grow and im experiencing odd leaf color.
I am growing some grape ape. You can see purple on the leaves
Can someone tell me what this is? Is it a deficiency?

Im using a mix of scotts potting mix,play sand, and perlite.
The plant is 11 days Old. Sprouted from the ground on the 13th.
Its in a pc grow box with

1 6500k 60w CFL that produces around 5000-7000lumens
2 5000k 23w CFL that has 1600 lumens each bulb
i have the temp between 75-85 with the lights on
humidity around 40-60%

The leaves look yellowish????

Measure the runoff next time you water... and water it at 6.2 pH... It is too early in the grow for the magnesium deficiency to be due to a lack of magnesium. I bet the pH is too high.

You could add a cal mag supplement but if the pH is preventing uptake or worse locking it out then you are just making the soil toxic. That said you can't really over do Calcium or magnesium easily. So getting the pH back down and adding some will help.

:goodluck:

hey villiage thanks for the feedback
but im stoned so i forgot to mention that the plant was first watered with ph of 6.4 then just yesterday i watered her again at ph 6.0
I have foxfarm growbig but i have not used it yet. You think i should water her 1/4 quarter strength per gallon?

I used a PH tester i got online cost me around $11

Well it could be the pH is too low but unlikely. Most of the time when you see this people are not pHing their water and it comes out of the tap high. it is possible you have it too low. 6.2 is about the bottom for non composted soil.

Yours looks like it may be soilless like coco and perlite. I stay out of that game. Maybe someone else can help you. I think that runs more like Hydro.

1/4 is a good starting point. Make sure 10-15% runs off if you are in soil. I think soilless is even more...but again Homey don't play that.

I would do a bunch more stuff but baby steps my friend. Do you have a silica treatment laying about? The sooner that gets in the better for a few reasons primarily that it takes a while to be broken down and absorbed.

Hopefully someone who knows about coco growing will jump in to help you. There is nothing drastically wrong yet. You are on top of it so that is good. Just keep the pH right and get the basics in there.

Enzymes will help in any style of growing too. People who say they don't are just using them wrong.

The current leader in this months Bud of the month contest got real great looking buds from using enzymes in reused coco and just very basic nutes.

If you are in coco PM shigityflip...he clearly gots it going on.

Well I think coco runs closer to Hydro...so that question needs to be answered...but I don't know...I don't do soilless. I do DWC and Soil.

Well I think coco runs closer to Hydro...so that question needs to be answered...but I don't know...I don't do soilless. I do DWC and Soil.

Oh I thought he was in soil based on this statement....

" Im using a mix of scotts potting mix,play sand, and perlite."

Also now that I look at the pictures again it looks like maybe to much perlite and not enough soil if the grower is going to treat this as a soil grow.

Yeah that is the issue I think. It looks like soilless but probably isn't. So it may need to be somewhere in between. So now you are out on an Island that no one understands and we can only speculate about.

I don't know why people keep using play sand for a 4 month indoor grow. If that wasn't washed thoroughly for a long time that can cause all sorts of issues.

That mix is missing the most important ingredient of a decent soil mix and has doubled down on the aeration component. It will be hard to have it work like a soil and actually retain and use fertilizers without an organic component. To me what they have there after about 2-3 weeks is going to run like soilless with very poor drainage...and without the coco the nutrients will mostly wash out the bottom. It is going to be very hard IMO to run that and control that because the fertilizers are going to just wash out the bottom.

Yeah that is the issue I think. It looks like soilless but probably isn't. So it may need to be somewhere in between. So now you are out on an Island that no one understands and we can only speculate about.

I don't know why people keep using play sand for a 4 month indoor grow. If that wasn't washed thoroughly for a long time that can cause all sorts of issues.

That mix is missing the most important ingredient of a decent soil mix and has doubled down on the aeration component. It will be hard to have it work like a soil and actually retain and use fertilizers without and organic component. To me what they have there after about 2-3 weeks is going to run like soilless with very poor drainage...and without the coco the nutrients will mostly wash out the bottom. It is going to be very hard IMO to run that and control that because the fertilizers are going to just wash out the bottom.

Agreed, If it were me I would get into a different medium asap!

OK so just to clarify I bought play sand and mixed with the scotts. Its a peat mix soil and the perlite looks like alot but i promise its only the top part of the soil. i just put the remaining perlite in there

I've experimented with a peat based mix that I added extra perlite and sand to and it wouldn't drain. What looks like to me what happens is the sand and perlite bind together after a few waterings, then turns into a concrete like material. I couldn't get a plant to flower stage with the mix, it was crap!
Take these guys advice, they got it figured out. As soon as i saw the sand and extra perlite, I knew too.

If you are watering with 6.0 water I would lean towards low ph. I would water heavy next feeding at 7.0 with no nutrients.

JMO

You never want to fluctuate the PH by this dramatic of a number.;) It will causes the plant to stress, and even stunt growth for periods of time. Always increase or decrease PH by no more then .3 per week. (if my PH is around 6.8, I do not just put in the next watering 6.2, this will cause stress, I always work down in increments of .2 PH for best and optimal results):high-five::Namaste:

You never want to fluctuate the PH by this dramatic of a number.;) It will causes the plant to stress, and even stunt growth for periods of time. Always increase or decrease PH by no more then .3 per week. (if my PH is around 6.8, I do not just put in the next watering 6.2, this will cause stress, I always work down in increments of .2 PH for best and optimal results):high-five::Namaste:

I respectfully disagree, I have brought plants back from PH lock out several times by flushing with a 7 ph and ending the watering with a very mild Nute solution. I believe you have to draw a line at some point when it comes to saving a plant in decline. I personally like to take the aggressive approach and flush and PH as to not lose more foliage. But hey we all do things a little different.:Namaste:

I don't really see a problem. I think you may be making a mountain out of a molehill. Your plants are looking fine. Too much micro management is a killer. Key is..... Following the instructions on the box. People say cut your nutes in half from what the box says, but you ALWAYS see people with deficiencies. I'll give you one guess why.

Back
Top Bottom