Help

kiki1990

Hello everybody, it's my first time posting so I hope I know what I'm doing..

I've just started growing a JH auto running light 24 hours using a big CFL

but for some reason this is what happened... please help

20130902_054026.jpg
20130902_054010.jpg
20130902_053954.jpg

Hey KiKi, and welcome to the forum!

I have seen seedlings/plants do this before in vegetative growth and is usually caused by the light being to close (or early signs of heat stress). When the leaves start to bend up like that they essentially try to cast a shadow over themselves to prevent transpiration. From the pic your CFL could be a little to close this early in growth and maybe the 24 hour light cycle could lead to bleaching of the leaves.

What are your temps? Humidity? How many watts is the CFL?

IMO try to reduce the possible factors that could end up stressing your plant and she should be fine, AG ;)

:welcome: My guess is that that plant is :woohoo:OVERLY-HAPPY for some reason, I think this a good thing, do you know if it's a female? if the bulb is not

too hot, put it as close as possible, I've never seen a plant reaching up with that much vengeance! Keep it coming, I'm subscribed to this journal.

Okay that's a good start ;) Once again what are your temps? Humidity? How many watts is the CFL?

Upload some pics of your setup, it's hard to tell what kind of light buffer would best suit your needs unless the overall grow room design is taken into affect! Good Luck!

62watts is fine for your seedling and your space for now, but you will definitely want to look into getting more CFL's eventually (more watts=more buds). You might also want to get some type of thermometer, even if it's one of those alcohol/mercury ones. Having a healthy environment is a MUST for a healthy plant to give you the fruits of its labor!

What Trichomes meant is that he is going to subscribe to updates from this thread you started, although not a 'Grow Journal' you should definitely go onto the 'Journals in Progress' section and start a new thread in there listing all the good things about your grow, setup, etc...

Post a link up on this thread and in your signature (the portion of individual space you can edit below every post you make!) Good Luck, AG ;)

That's a good sign that your plant reacted to the distance of light. You should start a grow journal, if you have not already, of your little ladies progress. I would love to follow along ;). For cannabis you would want to keep it between the acceptable ranges of 23C-30C and 26C being the optimal temperature for a majority of strains!

New growth seems healthy, but some slight yellowing on the edges of the first two leaf sets. This might be the start of a deffiency/lockout. My first guess would be Nitrogen, but keep a keen eye on her for any sudden developments. AND RESEARCH ;)!!!

Back
Top Bottom