Jackasss

Hey guys, I am new to the forum and recently finished setting up the main parts to my grow tent but am currently dealing with heat issues.

The grow room consists of:
5x5x7 tent
Phresh 8" carbon filter
GrowBright 8" 590 CFM 2500 RPM inline fan
Radiant 8" air cooled reflector
1000 watt Hortilux super HPS grow light
and other stuff, too much to name but will make a complete list once I start a grow journal!

Currently this is the set up from right to left

filter<inline fan<duct<hood<duct<outside

20140907_202957_zps618014be.jpg

20140907_203012_zps4babaf1d.jpg

20140907_203019_zps23df0916.jpg

20140907_203033_zps7f8ced33.jpg

20140907_203042_zps1edc9b58.jpg

20140907_203104_zps9d1b4f06.jpg

20140907_203115_zpsb4ec2d2e.jpg

Initially, the fan used to place after the hood but the room would heat up to the mid 80s within 10 minutes. I then switched the fan over in front of the carbon filter. The room does not heat up as quickly but the room still gets to the mid 80 range after a while.

If anyone has any idea what the problem is please let me know! I am a beginner and just trying to get the climate right before I start my 1200 watt hydroponic grow. Thanks guys!!

Re: Help!!!

i would say ducting is too long, the big long straight bit alone seems too big. maybe fire a second fan on at the start of this portion?

Hey Antics, thank you for the tip! What is an inline booster fan? A second fan just like my 8"?

Thanks Equanimity! I am going to detach the long duct leading to the outside just to see if that will help. I do not want to spend too much money on a second inline fan, any suggestions on which one will do the job?

well, if it was me, I'd leave the end of the ducting hanging indoors somewhere, maybe I'd try putting a pillow case over it, a clean one with good fabric conditioner in the hope that the room might start to smell that way. my vent on my new grow is going to end up pointed at my desk.

Also, it looks like you're cabinet to outside of cabinet ducting has a reducer on it? does this get warm to the touch? if so, it might be inhibiting air flow.

I'm sorry i can't recommend any models since I'm a newb also and haven't tried any brands

Hey Antics, thank you for the tip! What is an inline booster fan? A second fan just like my 8"?

Thanks Equanimity! I am going to detach the long duct leading to the outside just to see if that will help. I do not want to spend too much money on a second inline fan, any suggestions on which one will do the job?

Exactly! Or a shorter ducting hose will help, and may save you money, and just take a little of your time.

Why such a long run to the far side of the window, opposed to exhausting out the window nearest to the cabinet?

Thanks for the tip Equanimity! When I have time I will remove the long duct just to see if this will solve the problem l. Hopefully my room doesn't get too hot. Yeah, I purchased a used set up online and it came with the reducer. Never really touched the reducer but that could be a factor too. Cabinet meaning the hole on the grow tent correct?

Hey Antics! The duct is leading out to a wall and that brown box is actually an air conditioner. I do not want to exhaust the heat freely into my room because of the heat so I stuck a long duct to exhaust our the window.

tent, cabinet... yeah whatever it is you're growing in.

ok, well, people might advise you to avoid purchasing used grow kit online (you might hear a lot of that lol) whereas am the more recycly type if i can get away with it.

lose the reducer if you can, try all the options until you're getting the full benefit of that 560cfm fan which should be good enough for a grow of this size. i'd have suggested 600w instead of 1000 though but i'm still new so take that with salt

tent, cabinet... yeah whatever it is you're growing in.

ok, well, people might advise you to avoid purchasing used grow kit online (you might hear a lot of that lol) whereas am the more recycly type if i can get away with it.

lose the reducer if you can, try all the options until you're getting the full benefit of that 560cfm fan which should be good enough for a grow of this size. i'd have suggested 600w instead of 1000 though but i'm still new so take that with salt

My apologies thought cabinet was a term for something else. Yeah I understand that but it was a deal too good to pass up, I knew what I was getting into by purchasing used equipment but everything looks top notch. If I have to purchase new equipment, I won't be surprised. Yeah, definitely I will take the reducer and ducting off, hopefully that will solve the problem. I have been so eager to start the grow.. My tents been sitting there for the longest time gazing at me. My solistek ballast does allow me to switch from 400, 600, and 1000 but In the end i will be growing with the 1000 watt so I have to get the climate right before starting the grow. Thanks again!!

Back
Top Bottom