Help

Jmart

420 Member
Hi this I my first grow I seam to have a light white substance on the leaves is this mould ? And how do I treat it if it is ?

Attachments

• 590E72F5-3AC7-4DCB-9675-7B34133FD7B7.jpeg
    590E72F5-3AC7-4DCB-9675-7B34133FD7B7.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 28
  • DB3F068E-75D2-44E7-B447-2AB4D4450291.jpeg
    DB3F068E-75D2-44E7-B447-2AB4D4450291.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 41
  • 4AE872CC-0802-47EE-8F54-44B58F081366.jpeg
    4AE872CC-0802-47EE-8F54-44B58F081366.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 39
If you're talking about trichomes, that is not a bad thing (and is actually something to be hoped for). if, on the other hand, you are seeing bug damage, thrip sh!t, mold, etc., then it's a problem.

Unfortunately, between my poor eyesight and the less than stellar pictures, I couldn't guess as to which you have. Hopefully, someone with a decent pair of peepers will be able to determine that.

If you're talking about trichomes, that is not a bad thing (and is actually something to be hoped for). if, on the other hand, you are seeing bug damage, thrip sh!t, mold, etc., then it's a problem.

Unfortunately, between my poor eyesight and the less than stellar pictures, I couldn't guess as to which you have. Hopefully, someone with a decent pair of peepers will be able to determine that.
My camera is not the best ☹️ It’s on the leaves I’m worried about It’s like a sugary dusting on top is that normal?

My camera is not the best ☹ It’s on the leaves I’m worried about It’s like a sugary dusting on top is that normal?
If it looks like tiny little crystals that are concentrated at the base of the leaves, closest to the buds, then those are trichomes — filled with THC and not only normal but desirable.

If it looks like a white fuzz on the leaves, that’s a fungus known as powdery mildew that can be extremely problematic unless treated early.

From your photos, I think the pattern indicates it’s just trichomes. Unfortunately, it’s not an either/or proposition — you could have both. Try to bring the plants out into natural light and then take photos.

Once you’ve attach them, select “full image” to better display the photos to other users. (You’d think the site could just make this automatic, given how often this must be explained to folks over and over and over, LOL.)

To guard against powdery mildew, don’t let your grow room get too humid and use a fan to ensure air circulation.

If it looks like tiny little crystals that are concentrated at the base of the leaves, closest to the buds, then those are trichomes — filled with THC and not only normal but desirable.

If it looks like a white fuzz on the leaves, that’s a fungus known as powdery mildew that can be extremely problematic unless treated early.

From your photos, I think the pattern indicates it’s just trichomes. Unfortunately, it’s not an either/or proposition — you could have both. Try to bring the plants out into natural light and then take photos.

Once you’ve attach them, select “full image” to better display the photos to other users. (You’d think the site could just make this automatic, given how often this must be explained to folks over and over and over, LOL.)

To guard against powdery mildew, don’t let your grow room get too humid and use a fan to ensure air circulation.
Thanks I’ve 3 fans in there an my humidity is around 55/60 that’s the lowest I can get it without a dehumidifier

It does... sort of. If the person actually bothers to upload the image(s) to his/her personal image gallery and then use the "Gallery embed" function (it's the icon that looks sort of like a camera in the row of icons at the top of every message entry/edit box). There is even a FAQ thread about such things around here somewhere. Personally, I wish Rob had never configured the forum software to allow image attachments. But I'm kind of... different in a lot of my opinions, lol, and a lot of people seem to prefer posting images as attachments for some reason (laziness? ignorance? to torture this soul, lol? IDK...).

Let me see if I can rustle up a FAQ...

Nope, not under my bed. Not in the closet. Hmm... Here, FAQy FAQy FAQy... Where'd I stick that FAQ-bait? I never can remember whether I need to use a bobber with this stuff, or switch to a weedless hook and go deep, or... I know, a snare! <SHH!> I'm going FAQ hunting. Be very, very quiet.

Got it! Just give me a second to remove the snare and--- <YEOWCH!!!> Teeth :rolleyes: . Here you go:

See the sections on "Media Gallery Uploads from..." and "Adding Media Gallery Images Into A Post." There's also a slightly more complicated thing that involves viewing your image, copying its address, and using that "Insert image (CTRL-P)" function to insert it, full-size (more or less, or up to the maximum size allowed to be displayed within a post, whichever is smaller), into your post. But, well, that's slightly more complicated. And I'm slightly about to crash ;). But it enables you to do this:
full

Just an example - but it's a pretty useful reference to print out and keep handy, IMHO.

I just click on the smaller photo and it expands into the full size. If there are more than one photo then I get the arrows so I can go from one photo to the next. Using a desktop computer or laptop so that might not work on a phone.

For the original poster who started the thread just turn off the grow lights and use a regular white light and the camera flash to take the photos. That lets people see the plant in a more natural light and makes it a lot easier to see if there is a problem.

As it is, the plant looks good.

I just click on the smaller photo and it expands into the full size. If there are more than one photo then I get the arrows so I can go from one photo to the next. Using a desktop computer or laptop so that might not work on a phone.

For the original poster who started the thread just turn off the grow lights and use a regular white light and the camera flash to take the photos. That lets people see the plant in a more natural light and makes it a lot easier to see if there is a problem.

As it is, the plant looks good.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom