help!

marleyand

my girlfriend breastfeeds, i was wondering if she smokes a half a bowl once a week if the baby wouldnt be affected and also the harm it would cause? i would imagine its better than the opiate drugs offered by the nurses at the hospital, norco,naproxin,etc.

I'm no doctor, but my kids aint screwed up or nothing. My wife did smoke although not very frequently during her second breastfeeding endeavor. And let me tell you, that child has more meat on her bones she is actually in the 120 percentile for weight. My first born never made it past 70. I wouldn't smoke within a half hour before feeding though. Thats what the doc says about alcohol.

Wtg!

1st off lemme say I wish more parents were as concerned b4 a problem presents itself in reference to pre and neonatal health. Inhad a similar question. I wondered how or if cannabis affects unborn kids. This link was some of yhe only feedback recieved. Its in alphabetical order. Go to pregnancy section The Healing Properties Of Cannabis - An Index.

agreed, i think once a week should be safe, and she puffs one full cycle before feeding, and we have stored clean milk as well. i think that there needs to be more research allowed in this country from neutral scientists with no positive or negative motive. that way we the public would have the truth about pot. theres my stoned mini rant for the day haha love afghoo

Personally, I would not want her to breastfeed within 5 or so hours of smoking, giving the active THC a time to metabolize.

Here's a similar topic thread with video to a Melanie Dreher a bit of an expert in the area.

Thoughts on smoking pot during pregnancy

Back
Top Bottom