Helped me with flu like symptoms

Bruce Wheelman

Legal Advisor
420 Staff
Here's another testimonial to the medicinal benefits of Cannabis.

I had a horrible headache the past couple of days, to the point I had trouble focusing last night. Came home from teaching and training martial arts, and grabbed the strongest pain killer I have in my "medicine cabinet" - Chem Dog. Several hits later, and my head was feeling a bit better, and I managed to head off to bed. I also have several BIG financial deals brewing and due to constant stress/anxiety, I took a prescribed pharmaceutical to help get a full nights rest. Big help the pill was - I awoke around 2:30 with the all to familiar pounding in my head...should have smoked more and skipped the pill. The pain continued to wake me until about 4 am, when I got a case of the chills and made a mad dash to the bathroom.

So, now I've got an upset stomach, splitting headache, still disorientated from the damn pill I took last night, and the chills. Great. Spent the next 2 hours running back and forth between bed and the bathroom, still fighting the headache...and a nice cut on my leg from tripping over a dog toy and losing my already uncoordinated balance - sending me falling into the cabinets. Realizing this was possibly a good round of stomach flu (24hr or worse), I tried the next home treatment that usually helps me...long hot shower. Sat on the seat letting the hot water run over me for almost 15 minutes, and started to feel better, until I got out and dried off.

Normally for me, once I shower and dress, I'm up for the day. This morning, I went right back to bed. Kids got up and the house stirred for the next 2 hours as I continued to make my bathroom dashes. Once everyone was gone, I figured I try the last resort, and grabbed a nice strong hybrid. After smoking a joint, I felt much better. The pill from last night had worn off, so I was not as disorientated, which helped. Also, the Blue Dream was taking care of my headache and had my stomach calmed down.

So, a headache that Tylenol wouldn't touch, and nausea that OTC meds didn't last long enough to help - my medical Cannabis took care of both issues, and I'm feeling "almost normal" now - just 5 hours from when I thought for sure I had BAD flu.

No, I'm not a doctor, nor claiming that Cannabis is the cure for the flu - just passing along my experience in that it relieved the painful symptoms and eased the nausea.

:peace: and :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom