Hemp necklace

stoned snake

hey guys i got a male i was wonderign how would i go and make a necklace out of it?

ello anyone with any ideas on this please"???? i really want to make a necklace out of it or a bracelet

Hey snake,

You gotta cut the stem into fine strains and let dry out for alittle bit, twist it up and you got yourself some hemp to start a necklace.. Oh yeahh You can use all of the stem... Branches included...

Once you've got your fibres, you should be able to weave them into any shape you want. Just do some reading on the retting process and other preparatory measures to get your fibres.

Primary Hemp Fiber
The valued primary fibers are contained around the hollow, woody core of the hemp stalk. These long, strong fibers that grow the length of the hemp stalk are considered bast fibers Hemp fiber possesses properties similar to other bast fibers (flax, kenaf, jute and ramie) and excels in fiber length, strength, durability, absorbency, antimildew and antimicrobial properties.

Once a hemp crop has matured and been harvested, hemp primary fibers are separated from the hemp stalk through the "retting" process. For "dew retting", the cut stalks are left in the field for several weeks to allow natural humidity and bacteria to decompose the fiber-binding pectins. Other ways to separate the fiber from the core are: water retting, warm water retting and chemical retting. When the retting process is complete, the fibers are readily separated from the core, and processed for specific products.

Primary fibers are long-staple length fibers, averaging 8 " (20 cm) in length. These hemp fibers can be spun and woven to a fine, crisp, linen-like fabric and used for apparel textiles, home furnishing textiles and carpeting. Antimildew and antimicrobial properties make them very suitable for sails, tarps, awnings, and floor coverings.

Primary fibers can be cut to shorter staple lengths to accommodate a variety of spinning systems. Hemp fiber blended with wool, cotton, linen or other fibers, adds strength, durability, absorbency and breathability, making hemp-blended fabrics cool and comfortable to wear and touch.

Source: NAIHC

I was just guessing about the branches, now alittle confused. So you can only use the main stem and not the branch???

ok guys thanks
i thought noone knew how to do it

Back
Top Bottom