Hempy Bucket grow off- GH 3 part vs? (help decide)

Raisin J

Ok I'm a hempy grower, well hempy and soil, and have used general hydroponics 3 part and really like it. I used the Lucas formula before and am happy I switched. The only thing I add is Epsom. I am looking to try a new nute plan, hopefully something better, if possible. I'd like simple. Hempy compatible. Just looking for ideas. I'm looking at botanicare and gh one part which name I don't know. I will be growing 8-12 under 2 600 watt hps, half gh 3 part, half the experiment side. I will be using 100% perlite, topped with hydroton to stop algae and cuz I like topping my buckets with hydroton- looks snazzy. So help a brutha out, and I can help others out hopefully. I originally wanted to try mh vs hps but thought since they'd be side by side in a glass tube there'd be alot of mix anyway.

Ok I'm a hempy grower, well hempy and soil, and have used general hydroponics 3 part and really like it. I used the Lucas formula before and am happy I switched. The only thing I add is Epsom. I am looking to try a new nute plan, hopefully something better, if possible. I'd like simple. Hempy compatible. Just looking for ideas. I'm looking at botanicare and gh one part which name I don't know. I will be growing 8-12 under 2 600 watt hps, half gh 3 part, half the experiment side. I will be using 100% perlite, topped with hydroton to stop algae and cuz I like topping my buckets with hydroton- looks snazzy. So help a brutha out, and I can help others out hopefully. I originally wanted to try mh vs hps but thought since they'd be side by side in a glass tube there'd be alot of mix anyway.

Try running Osmocote Plus against the GH. I am running O-cote against AN right now......the Osmocote is kicking ass....totally destroyed the AN.

It'll cost you less than 20 bucks....no mixing....just water and supplement if you want to.

Try running Osmocote Plus against the GH. I am running O-cote against AN right now......the Osmocote is kicking ass....totally destroyed the AN.

It'll cost you less than 20 bucks....no mixing....just water and supplement if you want to.

Well that settles that! Thank you, I do remember seeing that name mentioned around here somewhere. The osmocote vs gh wont start until I get the clones cut and ready around the end of june. So I'll run 4 buckets each and I guess I should just run one strain in all the buckets. I will wait to pick my strain, good chance it'll be Jack Herer.

How do you use the osmocote plus with a hempy? Its not liquid is it (am I looking at the right stuff)? And its the stuff by Scotts right?

How do you use the osmocote plus with a hempy? Its not liquid is it (am I looking at the right stuff)? And its the stuff by Scotts right?

Osmocote is a controlled release fertilizer. It comes in the form of BB sized ball, called "prills"

It is a fully balanced fertilizer....everything the plants need, when they need it, in the correct ratios.

The way you use it in a hempy bucket is pretty easy....just throw a handfull of prill in the bucket....you could put them right above the drain hole, or for a more advanced application, put half the charge just above the drain hole and the other half a few inches higher. (layers of perlite seperate the places where you put the prills.)

They work very well. All you need to do is water....PH'd balanced can't hurt.

Hey Doc:

whats this hygrozime you also use? should i go ahead and order that as well? I wanna go as simple as possible, with an addition of something in bloom if you suggest.
Also, since I've already been running gh 3 part, would it maybe a bit more interesting to go ozmocote vs dynamite or something similar possibly an organic time release hempy grow would be cool next to the ozmocote. I'm stoned and thinking. I also like superthrive in my soil grows so it may be something I use a bit in the early stages, like cloning, unless I get my clones from another grower. I'd like to get back to the taste of my old semi-organic (botanicare organic nutes, black gold organic soil). The smoke was so much better, to be honest I've never been impressed with any hydro I've smoked, and my attempts at yeild havent been as good as I'd have hoped for when I switched to hydro. I would love to grow my old favorite in soil again in hempy if it really is that good. 8 plants under 2 x 600s, i figure a pound to 1.5 as it goes now with the gh 3 part, good solid bud, but taste like real good hydro.. which is crappy compared so far. I'd just like to find one simple method that works and be done really, then put all my energy into breeding.

Osmocote is a controlled release fertilizer. It comes in the form of BB sized ball, called "prills"

It is a fully balanced fertilizer....everything the plants need, when they need it, in the correct ratios.

The way you use it in a hempy bucket is pretty easy....just throw a handfull of prill in the bucket....you could put them right above the drain hole, or for a more advanced application, put half the charge just above the drain hole and the other half a few inches higher. (layers of perlite seperate the places where you put the prills.)

They work very well. All you need to do is water....PH'd balanced can't hurt.

So you can replace the nutes like the GH formula with just the osmocote? Would you put it all over or just in a certain spot, if you water in one spot only on hempys would it be better to do just put a handful in that one spot or would it not matter? What about putting it like just below the drain hole so its always in water? Sorry for the stupid questions...

Raisin, Im looking forward to seeing your comparisons.

So you can replace the nutes like the GH formula with just the osmocote? Would you put it all over or just in a certain spot, if you water in one spot only on hempys would it be better to do just put a handful in that one spot or would it not matter? What about putting it like just below the drain hole so its always in water? Sorry for the stupid questions...

Raisin, Im looking forward to seeing your comparisons.

Your questions on where to put the prills are answered in my post that you quoted. You don't want to put them in the bottom....although it would probably work. You want water to wash over the prill to release and move the nutrients.

They work....very well.

Hey Doc:

whats this hygrozime you also use? should i go ahead and order that as well? I wanna go as simple as possible, with an addition of something in bloom if you suggest.
Also, since I've already been running gh 3 part, would it maybe a bit more interesting to go ozmocote vs dynamite or something similar possibly an organic time release hempy grow would be cool next to the ozmocote. I'm stoned and thinking. I also like superthrive in my soil grows so it may be something I use a bit in the early stages, like cloning, unless I get my clones from another grower. I'd like to get back to the taste of my old semi-organic (botanicare organic nutes, black gold organic soil). The smoke was so much better, to be honest I've never been impressed with any hydro I've smoked, and my attempts at yeild havent been as good as I'd have hoped for when I switched to hydro. I would love to grow my old favorite in soil again in hempy if it really is that good. 8 plants under 2 x 600s, i figure a pound to 1.5 as it goes now with the gh 3 part, good solid bud, but taste like real good hydro.. which is crappy compared so far. I'd just like to find one simple method that works and be done really, then put all my energy into breeding.

Hygrozyme is a enzyme that helps the roots assimilate nutrients. It is useful especially in hydroponic, sterile mediums, because there aren't really any microorganisms to speak of. It helps the plant break down waste and use it as food. Great stuff.

Dynamite vs. Osmocote would be a great comparison!

You can't use soil in a hempy....the medium has to drain really well or you'll get rot and the plants will die.

As far as the taste thing....i agree. I think soil tastes better. The one simple method.......the Holy Grail.

I think it looks like this:

Quality soil with a good dose of micronutrients and dolomite lime. Osmocote Plus (or other CRF) and a handful of additives:

Molasses
Snowstorm
??

Just water and watch 'em grow.

I am trying to find hygrozime, and I don't think dynamite is organic, but I'm still concidering it, side by side time released means some serious convenience, and I could keep the other variables constant like the additive etc. The "plus" makes finding the osmocote harder but I'll be on the lookout. Yeah still on the fence about running gh again, I want to run a strain that really is 10x better in soil and has been a failure as far as taste and smell in hydro- it's real good, happy/giggly turns to sleepy couchlocky stone, but the flavors become generic in hydro, I'd like to grow it and it's the best candidate for cloning in about 3 weeks. The part about possibly improving flavor has me really excited. And the strain is mom to some stuff that may be coming up so.. Yeah, I think I will plan on my favorite indica this time and I've grown it the most of all my strains, it stays small so no worries about getting too big like my current gang. The 2 moms I will get some photos (they are already frosty) and get my nutes in order and I can't wait to start this grow! Too bad it's a month from getting going cuz my current crop won't finish til late July.

Back
Top Bottom