Hempy fixes

Dr.Blue

Many report problems waiting for the root system reaching the bottom of the bucket to get to the solution when starting young plants. The solution is easy, just roll up a one of the blue paper shop towels and set it in the bucket vertically with the excess in the bottom of the bucket and the other end next to the new plants rootball when you repot. This wicks solution to the new plant. PHing water is a constant issue that can be addressed sometimes by adding peatmoss at a 4 part perlite to one part spanghum peat mixture. My water is always right at 7.0 to 7.1 and this drops PH into a very useful 6.0. I also like to add 1 part Fullers earth or diamentacious earth to the mix making my favorite mix, 1 part either of those, 3 parts perlite and 1 part peat. I usually mix in 10 gallon lots by using three bags of 8 quart miracle gro perlite, 1 bag miracle gro spanghum peat 8 quart, 8quarts of either of the above earths. If I am using a CRF, it is usually Lilly Millers version I add 1 tablespoon per gallon of mix, one tablespoon of Ironite per gallon and 1/2 tablespoon of epsom salts per gallon of mix. Then I water with tap water and my results are excellent with hardly even a burnt leaf tip. I add molasses and seaweed juice during flower.

Ok I have also noticed a lot of people coming up with a yellowing and brown or red spotting of leaves that are otherwise dark green. It seems these characters are using CalMag every time they water. My guess is that the calcium is building up and affecting phosperous intake. So just flush and stop with the CalMag for a while, use epsom salts instead.

I know this is an old thread. But im hoping your stillaround dr blue. I have veen wanting to find a way i can mix something in with the perlite of my hempys to adjust my tap ph going in at 7-7.5 down to around 5.8-6 or so. Im also using a crf OC+ so i am not using nutrients. Would a mix of 2 parts perlite, 1 part peat, and 1 part vermiculite solve my dilemma?

Thatoneguy.

Roots here, yes I think this would help. Might be a bit wet though. Try 3 parts perlite, 1 part peat and 1 part automotive floor sweep made from montromillonite clay. This is usually the cheapest stuff, Northern Tool has it as does TSC (Tractor Supply company) which is sort of a hardware/ feed store.

Back
Top Bottom