Hempy Headquarters

The plant cloned 30 times is still good, but the way he just selected cuttings randomly has led to a very very stretchy plant.
The node spacing is like 6 inches, and poor yields. However I spoke with him last week and he said he has one that has nodes every inch, I told him that's the one he wants to start taking future cuttings from. At least that's what I think has happened. It's not AAA+++ any more, but even a so so grow is usually A+ stone
He also keeps all his clones and vegging at 24/0 which might have affected the genetics.
That's why I have been trying so hard to make seeds of her before it degrades. I even tried growing a clone outdoor and using CS on her to rejuvenate the genetics (someones suggestion) all I got was a bunch of immature seeds.

Back crossing the Widow Querkle with one of the Widows and getting seeds is the best I've accomplished so far.
so I have 3/4 original W line.

I just sprouted a couple GelatOG seeds. Yours are from @SeedsMan yes? I have not seen anyone else selling this strain other then SeedsMan. It's a strain I've been wanting to grow for several months now. I hope they grow up to fit the description on the breeders site.
Yep from Seedsman. i am hoping they live up to legend as well beez. Here's a closer shot of the GelatOg.
And thanks all you guys i am loving the hempy :thumb:.

The plant cloned 30 times is still good, but the way he just selected cuttings randomly has led to a very very stretchy plant.
The node spacing is like 6 inches, and poor yields. However I spoke with him last week and he said he has one that has nodes every inch, I told him that's the one he wants to start taking future cuttings from. At least that's what I think has happened. It's not AAA+++ any more, but even a so so grow is usually A+ stone
He also keeps all his clones and vegging at 24/0 which might have affected the genetics.

I dunno man...
I cut from all over. Sometimes the top. Sometimes top growth to open them up. Often down low to use material that I want to clip off anyway.
I do 24/0.
I've not seen any significant degradation. I see the difference between seeds and clones... it's a bit startling really, but not this downhill slide.

I think the degradation of the WW line has more to do with casual handling and 24/0 lighting myself.

I’m a maverick. I take one cutting from a plant at flip and it usually grows roots in time to be ready to keep moving forward. I have no room for more than that anyway, so it’s a good thing it works out so well, eh? :battingeyelashes:

A couple pictures to brighten the wee, small hours of the morning. :green_heart:

grabbed these most awesome 4 gal food-quality buckets at Menards this morning for $2.89 ea., these will be my hempy buckets. Yesterday I painted 4 walls for an enclosure. I am itching to start a grow but have to wait a bit until after a trip downstate for a few days later this month to visit relatives. At the moment I'm waiting for ups to deliver my light, going to run it for a few days QC to make sure its not going to die when I need to use it ....
buckets.jpg

Four gallon hempy buckets will grow HUGE plants! :oops:
Are you outside?
Also, are they opaque enough as is?

:ganjamon:

would probably be wise to wrap them with duct tape, I've got miles of the heavy duty stuff out in the garage. These will be for an indoor 3 x 3 auto shanty with a 1000W LED, I have some 6 gal brewing buckets for outdoors in the season, not sure if I'll do hempy outdoors though .

I have been in solo cups for a couple of weeks and up potted today. I noticed when transplanting that the root ball felt warm to the touch. Will a warmer root mass cause the yellowing of the leaf edges? I thought I was root bound or possibly not enough cal-mag. I have read that warmer water in DWC can cause issues but I have no experience with them. The solo cups are very thin and wouldn't take much fluctuation in room temperature to change what's inside of them. Here's what I have going on:
Veg01.png

Attachments

• IMG_20190104_172718.jpg
    IMG_20190104_172718.jpg
    824.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20190104_172005.jpg
    IMG_20190104_172005.jpg
    447.1 KB · Views: 21
would probably be wise to wrap them with duct tape, I've got miles of the heavy duty stuff out in the garage. These will be for an indoor 3 x 3 auto shanty with a 1000W LED, I have some 6 gal brewing buckets for outdoors in the season, not sure if I'll do hempy outdoors though .

Sounds like you're in for lots of fun. Under 1000 watts you could run the 6-gallon pots. :battingeyelashes: There is a wicking soil pot you can use outdoors that allows you to water from below and has an overflow for stormy weather. Kinda like a soil hempy. Lol! I think they're called Earth Boxes???

I have been in solo cups for a couple of weeks and up potted today. I noticed when transplanting that the root ball felt warm to the touch. Will a warmer root mass cause the yellowing of the leaf edges? I thought I was root bound or possibly not enough cal-mag. I have read that warmer water in DWC can cause issues but I have no experience with them. The solo cups are very thin and wouldn't take much fluctuation in room temperature to change what's inside of them. Here's what I have going on:
Veg01.png
Always at 5.9 to 6.0 on ph all the way through to harvest.

Really? I stick to 5.5 when I have to pH, so it's good to hear that you're getting good results at 5.9 to 6. Hempy isn't supposed to be responsive to pH fluctuations, according to the archives. Flexibility. One of the wonderful things we love about hempy. :slide:

Although we're technically hydro, we don't suffer many of the problems that can arise in hydro. I got a respectable harvest out of a plant with root rot! That wouldn't have been possible with active hydro. Wouldn't have worked in soil either, for that matter.

I wouldn't worry about the root temps unless they're really getting hot. I've grown to harvest in a hempy solo cup more than once in hot conditions. I don't recall problems arising.

Sounds like you're in for lots of fun. Under 1000 watts you could run the 6-gallon pots. :battingeyelashes: There is a wicking soil pot you can use outdoors that allows you to water from below and has an overflow for stormy weather. Kinda like a soil hempy. Lol! I think they're called Earth Boxes???

Really? I stick to 5.5 when I have to pH, so it's good to hear that you're getting good results at 5.9 to 6. Hempy isn't supposed to be responsive to pH fluctuations, according to the archives. Flexibility. One of the wonderful things we love about hempy.

I like the square shape but they only came in 4 gal. When I grew before and after I quit using the photo-trons, I'd put put some pots (soil) in a tub of water and let them do some wicking thru the bottom holes in the pots. I never had a clue about ph either, but always had good looking plants using my well water.

Regarding the ph, I'm pretty sure I read here somewhere that ph was not a concern with hempy..? I ordered a ph pen anyway to experiment with, perhaps using a different ph in one pot to compare results. I am quite sure that weeds will do fine with my well water but all the info here suggests that some adjustments could produce higher thc levels, etc. What I am not clear on is the tds levels... is that a good way to measure nutrient concentration or...?

Regarding the ph, I'm pretty sure I read here somewhere that ph was not a concern with hempy..?

Not correct. Way not correct. Some mediums can be better than others, but PH is most definitely a significant factor.
The good part... you only adjust PH when you feed/water. You don't have to adjust the water in any res. As long as your water source is mostly stable, you can go with a pre-measured amount of you PH down when you feed rather than testing every time. I think I verified it recently, but I really don't remember the last time I used my PH pen.

Not correct. Way not correct. Some mediums can be better than others, but PH is most definitely a significant factor.
The good part... you only adjust PH when you feed/water. You don't have to adjust the water in any res. As long as your water source is mostly stable, you can go with a pre-measured amount of you PH down when you feed rather than testing every time. I think I verified it recently, but I really don't remember the last time I used my PH pen.

This makes perfect sense to me. I taught basic water chemistry on a work-study program while I used up my GI bill in the '80s. I was in a biochem program but soon got addicted to computers and process control, never looked back.

So what's your vote for best hempy ph? What I recall reading seems between 5.5 and 6.5, I suppose genetics could be a factor. I can see myself in a lab coat applying different nutrient formulas to a row of pepsi bottles. I have a 12x14 sun room with large windows and excellent sunlight. It could become a laboratory.... and just before election day I was wondering what I would do in my retirement.... and all I need is a bag of seeds.

Let the good times roll.
btt.jpg

So what's your vote for best hempy ph? What I recall reading seems between 5.5 and 6.5

We're working with a hydroponic growing method... the target should be in the mid to upper 5's. I do 5.5. Soil growers shoot for 6.4. Strains can prefer slightly different PH ranges, but I've never seen one that strayed from the target ranges.
One thing to keep in mind... as your plant 'eats', the ph of the water in the pot will shift with PH numbers rising. I start pretty low and as the PH rises, it passes thru the various nutrient uptake ranges.
Here's the PH chart showing how different nutrients the plants need are absorbed best at different PH ranges. My girls start at 5.5, but drift up between waterings bringing me thru several 'sweet spots' along the way.

full

I usually pH from 5.5 - 6.2

Lately no pHing has been needed, landing at around 5.7
Pretty sure fluxuation in pH, in the good range, is good for uptake of nutes, sure a specific pH is good, but like Teads post alternate the pH isn't bad

Back
Top Bottom