Hempy Headquarters

Ten ounces from an auto is pretty ambitious. I have gotten 12+ ounces off a photo Pineapple Chunk in my first try with Octopots and Texas Tomato Food. I am just starting to try out hempy in 5 gallon pots, but I have to ask, have you gotten close to ten ounces with an auto? If so which auto in particular because I am interested in high yielding autos for the corner of my veg tent.

I can get double that in NFT mate. Monsters are easy in that though, there's no media so the growth rates are mental. 3/4 filled a 1.5m tent with a 7 week photo once. Just that no matter what I do I can't get anywhere near it In any other method. My record in 5 gal coco fabrics is a wopping 4 lol. Dwc was the same. Had a few big ones though, anything by Dutch passion has the potential for it. Night queen is the strongest I've done of theres but only got 8ish. Nearly put me down though. The photo version is insanely strong. Like trippy waves when you move your hand strong lol. Mehpisto got quite a few that get that size too. Hbss, AVT and ripleys og are quite well known for it. Oh and I've seen just about everything on the seedstockers done at a lb too. Check those guys actually, you'll shit yourself when you see the prices. Absolute primo genetics for like £1.50 a seed and I'm not even exaggerating.

All hempy all the time
Day 49
IMG_20190322_180251.jpg

Has anyone tried the Foxfarm Gringo Rasta nutrients? While weed is not mentioned in the details, light schedules and other stoner verbiage clearly imo suggest this is a MJ nute....
i.e.
Gringo Rasta® Funky Broadway®
For Blooming - 12 Hour Light Cycle
(0 - 5 - 4)

Funkafize your plants with Gringo Rasta® Funky Broadway®. There is nothing better than a plant full of phat, funkalicious blooms and fruit. The nutrients in Funky Broadway® will help your plants develop superior fruit and psychedelic blooms, achieving funkadelic perfection. It’s time for you to get your groove on with the Funky Broadway® Bloom Thang! Part three of our 3-part Gringo Rasta® fertilizer program.

Smaller hempys are on their way out of rotation soon. This one is on day 3 of ph 6.0 tap water. Being as she is so small I will only "flush" for 7 rather than 10 days. She will be at about day 49 of flower at chop. Wish she was in a bigger container, wish I would have taken clones. Considering my first reveg, 7 week phenos are a rarity.

Mega-Crop and Maxibloom, 4000k QBs and 3000k COBs, 11/13 from seed, 20oz lava rock hempy.

Smaller hempys are on their way out of rotation soon. This one is on day 3 of ph 6.0 tap water. Being as she is so small I will only "flush" for 7 rather than 10 days. She will be at about day 49 of flower at chop. Wish she was in a bigger container, wish I would have taken clones. Considering my first reveg, 7 week phenos are a rarity.

Mega-Crop and Maxibloom, 4000k QBs and 3000k COBs, 11/13 from seed, 20oz lava rock hempy.
She's a Beauty. Where did you get that strain from?

She's a Beauty. Where did you get that strain from?
I pollinated a Dark Devil Auto with a male Punto Rojo cross. The offspring is Devil's Pitchfork (needed a name cuz I have like 300 seeds). I took a Devil's Pitchfork male and then pollinated a Trailer Trash Betty female (AK-47 genetics worked over to favor males passing on short flowering time and extra frost production, an old outlaw cultivar).

Punto Rojo cross came from a large black market grow where somehow someone missed a PR Male and it pollinated a bunch of Swami genetics. My neighbor trimmed that crop and every plant I have grown is extra potent.

DDA was a gift from someone very special to my family.

And the Trailer Trash Betty came from another grower that noticed my interest in breeding and wanted to give me genetics to diversify my own as well as carry on the lines.

Way bigger answer than required, I know, but I am super stoned all day today...
:lot-o-toke:

Grow with pure coconut and perlite in a hydro irrigation system with ice-light.
20171001_143409.jpg

20170420_094537.jpg

20171230_113511.jpg

:green_heart::green_heart:

A lover of indicas I see. :battingeyelashes: Nicely done. :high-five:

@Ganjagrowergu, she packed on the oils, didn’t she? Wow! :thumb:

What sizes are you settling on? I’m using this 7 gallon soil pot, and it looks like she just may exceed 6 oz by the time she’s done. She’ll have to do significantly better than the 6 oz her mother gave in far less perlite to justify the upgrade and additional perlite it took to fill this pot.

She’s doing her best to convince me it was a good choice. She won’t be harvested for another 5 weeks. :cheesygrinsmiley:

There are 14 more just like this one.

Octopot has a high hurdle to get over in my garden. :blunt:

Hey, whoever it was who first posted about those cheap little (5.5-liter / 5.8-quart, I think) black trash cans... Thank you, lol. I found some of them locally.

I spend a big chunk of every Sunday helping (and visiting with) my mother. So I was with her this past afternoon when I saw them. "Why are you buying four of those little trash cans?" - with a funny look, lol. "Because I need something to store my perlite in when I'm not not using it ;) ."

But I still like the two-liter bottles. I might end up growing the same strain in a three-gallon grow bag (soil) and both a two-liter bottle and small trash can for rough comparison purposes. Maybe I shouldn't have given away the 4'x4' tent and gotten the smaller one, lol? Decisions, decisions... The only autoflowering strains that I have multiple seeds of are DDA and SSDC. Heads, it's purple, tales, it's... purple?

DDA seems to be getting more love, so maybe I'll skip the coin-flip and pick SSDC for that, IDK.

Wow... Thinking sure complicates things, huh? Where's that magic 8-ball been hiding these last 40 years?

Well, the weather is starting to change, so maybe I'll be able to find someone to accept an autoflowering plant (or two?) if I end up overgrowing my space.

I have a feeling that someone must have hit me with "May you live in interesting times."

@Ganjagrowergu, she packed on the oils, didn’t she? Wow! :thumb:

What sizes are you settling on?
Thanks. She sure did, Sue. Surprised the eff out of me. Destined for my first serious reveg and lots of clones. I imagine heaps of hash in my future.

Coffee cans seem to be the most suitable size for my 5ft tall tent. Sticking with lava rock, seeds started in rockwool cubes until I run out and can justify buying perlite and solo cups.

Speaking of rockwool, I just planted 5 Harlequin regular seeds in cubes. After a good scuffing and a 24 hour soak 4/5 had visible tap roots. I'm going to pollinate the females with every male. Hoping to meet my 300 to 500 seed goal.
I will finally be able settle down my pinched nerve(s).. it's been almost 3 years of constantly shifting sharp pains along with severe headaches. Oh how I long for restful sleep.

@SweetSue She’ll have to do significantly better than the 6 oz her mother gave in far less perlite to justify the upgrade and additional perlite it took to fill this pot.

Now this is just me looking at this. But if that plant yields 6 oz and 14 grams I would consider that a huge success and make it well worth the perlite purchase to fill that 7 gallon pot. Why? Because you can knock the perlite loose from the root ball at the end and use it to fill your next 7 gallon pot right? I mean it's not wasted after a grow, you do re-use it right?

Now this is just me looking at this. But if that plant yields 6 oz and 14 grams I would consider that a huge success and make it well worth the perlite purchase to fill that 7 gallon pot. Why? Because you can knock the perlite loose from the root ball at the end and use it to fill your next 7 gallon pot right? I mean it's not wasted after a grow, you do re-use it right?

Brix and I find it easier not to reuse the perlite, so no, I wouldn’t think the same way. If I can get 6 oz from 2.5 gallons an additional 14 grams isn’t enough to get me excited. The assumption I have is that the plant will fill the root space, so knocking the perlite off would be a PITA.

If she does fill that root space she’ll deliver more than an additional 14 grams. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hey, whoever it was who first posted about those cheap little (5.5-liter / 5.8-quart, I think) black trash cans... Thank you, lol. I found some of them locally.

I spend a big chunk of every Sunday helping (and visiting with) my mother. So I was with her this past afternoon when I saw them. "Why are you buying four of those little trash cans?" - with a funny look, lol. "Because I need something to store my perlite in when I'm not not using it ;) ."

But I still like the two-liter bottles. I might end up growing the same strain in a three-gallon grow bag (soil) and both a two-liter bottle and small trash can for rough comparison purposes. Maybe I shouldn't have given away the 4'x4' tent and gotten the smaller one, lol? Decisions, decisions... The only autoflowering strains that I have multiple seeds of are DDA and SSDC. Heads, it's purple, tales, it's... purple?

DDA seems to be getting more love, so maybe I'll skip the coin-flip and pick SSDC for that, IDK.

Wow... Thinking sure complicates things, huh? Where's that magic 8-ball been hiding these last 40 years?

Well, the weather is starting to change, so maybe I'll be able to find someone to accept an autoflowering plant (or two?) if I end up overgrowing my space.

I have a feeling that someone must have hit me with "May you live in interesting times."

We certainly do live in interesting times TS. :hug: Good to hear you planning to keep growing. Growing is almost as important for us as medicating, which I just realized I haven’t done yet, and it’s 3 PM. WTH? :rofl:

I will finally be able settle down my pinched nerve(s).. it's been almost 3 years of constantly shifting sharp pains along with severe headaches. Oh how I long for restful sleep.

Are you using topicals liberally? In particular, on the DMR before bed? This might facilitate better sleep patterns, and for sure reduce the pain of headaches, if only a bit. :hug:

I don't hear a whole lot about the Devil's Carnival strain. I'm sure it probably has it's own thread that I've overlooked. How is the quality of the final product? What is the grow difficulty of the strain?

They’re quite fun to grow beez, but the chemovar isn’t stable yet, and you’ll see lots of variation. Graytail equates it to a box of chocolates. Reach in, take a seed out and see what you get. :laughtwo:

@dynamo1 is playing with what we think may be the best of the phenos, and I’m sitting on one of the seeds waiting for the chance to try.

Of course we have a thread on it. Lol! This one, though, wasn’t started by me. Devil’s Carnival

Back
Top Bottom