Hempy Headquarters

Interesting. Does this mean that feeding with a much lower PH, say 5, would be beneficial as the PH would rise through the PH spectrum needed to make everything available?

It’s weird, but the pH always ends up between 6.3 and 6.7, no matter where I start.

My quads currently.
20190530_172430.jpg

It’s weird, but the pH always ends up between 6.3 and 6.7, no matter where I start.

Okay, I’m going to have retract that statement. I just tested it much lower than I would normally mix. And things turned out much differently.

Before - pH 4.38
D6ED5C14-8A81-48D5-BD4E-2A163D3266BC.jpeg

After - pH 3.24
D4AD82DF-060F-46A5-B282-ED3542481B22.jpeg

And no, I did not get the photos mixed up.

I’m just going to have to do it again..

@Mastrmasn watch out going to low on the ph its nothing but problems.

@FelipeBlu The run off in the first attempt was super milky from that fresh open factory bag. The second solution is a whole lot clearer.

I was feeding at 5.5-5.6 at one point thinking it was ok since this is a hydro growing style. At that level the plants were pissed off. I raised it up to 5.9 to 6.0 going in the top and there was an obvious change for the better. I did however test it for myself since I can only truly learn from my own experiences. YMMV.

Some growers don't check or care about the PH, they just watch the plants reaction to what there giving them. I agree somewhat with this notion as watching the plants health is the key but I also like the science behind whats making that plant so happy. Knowing what ph's work and don't work gets you on a path that could lead to greater buds.

What's in here? What you feeding them? I am not sure if that's the light spectrum or if the outer leafs are yellowing. Looks awesome either way.
We got some C99 regular in the back hoping one at least is a girl and GG4 in the front feminized.
I had a lot of issues at first it is yellowing. I'm giving the 1 part Botanicare pro blend and calmag.

@Mastrmasn watch out going to low on the ph its nothing but problems.

@FelipeBlu The run off in the first attempt was super milky from that fresh open factory bag. The second solution is a whole lot clearer.

I was feeding at 5.5-5.6 at one point thinking it was ok since this is a hydro growing style. At that level the plants were pissed off. I raised it up to 5.9 to 6.0 going in the top and they was an obvious change for the better. I did however test it for myself since I can only truly learn from my own experiences. YMMV.

Some growers don't check or care about the PH, they just watch the plants reaction to what there giving them. I agree somewhat with this notion as watching the plants health is the key but I also like the science behind whats making that plant so happy. Knowing what ph's work and don't work gets you on a path that could lead to greater buds.
Makes sense I'm at the 5.5 range I'm thinking that may be my issue. I'll up that to 6 and see if that helps.

I was feeding at 5.5-5.6 at one point thinking it was ok since this is a hydro growing style. At that level the plants were pissed off. I raised it up to 5.9 to 6.0 going in the top and they was an obvious change for the better. I did however test it for myself since I can only truly learn from my own experiences. YMMV.

Yeah, I really kinda freaked out on this one. Ready to chill now. I’ll try the way of the 6.
:ganjamon:

I was feeding at 5.5-5.6 at one point thinking it was ok since this is a hydro growing style. At that level the plants were pissed off. I raised it up to 5.9 to 6.0 going in the top and there was an obvious change for the better.

Makes sense I'm at the 5.5 range I'm thinking that may be my issue. I'll up that to 6 and see if that helps.

i shoot for the sweet spot of 5.8. it's about where all the nutrients are available in hempy. i only worry about ph in, thanks @DrDoob

i don't chase ph either. i mix the nutes up and if i need to add buffer i'll do it once, if it lands between 5.65 to 5.9, i'll let it go and feed with it. i try get it at 5.8 tho, i just don't fret about it. the plants have been great with it. they don't seem to like a single constant ph.

The run off in the first attempt was super milky from that fresh open factory bag. The second solution is a whole lot clearer.

Hmmm, must be an optical. This perlite was rinsed beforehand.

Yeah, this all started because I was watching the lower leaves show deficiency as the newest growth started clawing.

Last night, I dropped the TDS to about 500 ppm, and did a series of plug hole/float perlite for 5 minutes/drain. After 2 gallons, the runoff TDS had dropped from 780ppm to 560ppm, and the runoff pH had dropped from 6.6 to 6.0

So it appears that, despite the low CEC of perlite, mine had an accumulation of salts that needed to be flushed out.

Back to your regular program..
:ganjamon:

Fully loaded with 20 tubes.
IMG_20190602_183928.jpg

I am expecting a couple of the new additions to be male. The dark purple has started a full setting on the Grape Pupil. The midsize bunch is two weeks behind but looks like it'll stretch as much as the first bunch. The smoke better blow the doors off or this things done in my tent. I don't think I can flower these things out starting at 4 inches just to fight them to stay under 3 feet.

The far left has been in for over a month and has had the Bud Explosion for about 10 days. The first week I started at .5 gr/gal. This week I moved it to .75 gr/gal and started to feed the grape pupil giants. That puts a slightly higher dose on those than I started with on the others.

Back
Top Bottom