Hempy Headquarters

Welcome! No sacrilege, for sure. We are a sharing community.

When you say ‘hempy bucket’, are you referring to a hole 2” above the bottom, to provide a reservoir?

Is the ‘super soil’ of your making, or bought? Would you mind sharing info about it? So, in addition to no pH-adjustments, are you using just water, or are you fertigating?
:passitleft:

I notice different flavors and smell in the different strains I have grown in nothing but perlite. I also have some strains have more taste than others. I for one would love to add some sweeteners to my finish and add an extra depth of flavor to the smoke.Anyone go down that rabbit hole yet?

It's good to know that the soil works out inside a hempy bucket. I for one don't miss soil at all. I might never use it again indoors as the pest love that stuff. I do have some older buckets that I could try outdoors. Even have just enough soil. Straight tap water you say...

When you say ‘hempy bucket’, are you referring to a hole 2” above the bottom, to provide a reservoir?

like felipe i'm curious about what you referring to as a soil hempy grow. most types of soil would probably stay too wet with a reservoir, starving the roots of oxygen.

I for one would love to add some sweeteners to my finish and add an extra depth of flavor to the smoke.Anyone go down that rabbit hole yet?

i've ran a weak molasses solution in hempy

Welcome! No sacrilege, for sure. We are a sharing community.

Is the ‘super soil’ of your making, or bought? Would you mind sharing info about it? So, in addition to no pH-

I notice different flavors and smell in the different strains I have grown in nothing but perlite. I also have some strains have more taste than others. I for one would love to add some sweeteners to my finish and add an extra depth of flavor to the smoke.Anyone go down that rabbit hole yet?

It's good to know that the soil works out inside a hempy bucket. I for one don't miss soil at all. I might never use it again indoors as the pest love that stuff. I do have some older buckets that I could try outdoors. Even have just enough soil. Straight tap water you say...

adjustments, are you using just water, or are you fertigating?
:passitleft:

HI,
I use Lowes buckets for my hempy. I like that they are a dark blue and I don't need to tape them. I make a 1/2 inch hole about 2 inches up from the bottom.
My original soil hempy was a super soil that i made buying a shit ton of amendments. i have a habit of going way overboard at the beginning. i made that soil and let it cook for about a month and it worked very well even with my phing mistake.
I currently use 25% happy frog 25% ocean forest 25% perlite 25% coco. i use a 1500 watt led in a 3x3 tent. Because the led is so strong, i add cal/mag, silica and potassium when feeding. i am currently on day 22 of my 12/12 flip and my girls look great. i will also use koolbloom in week 6-7 and just water for the finish.

I think my taste issue came from the way i was curing.

:Namaste:

I should add that I was adding perlite and coco to my super soil. so it had aeration. Yes, straight tap water was phing 7.0 and my plants were loving it in my hempy super soil. I never noticed root issues. when ever I harvested and pulled my plant from the buckets, it would form a 4 1/2 gallon solid root mass. I would wait for it to be dry and then reuse what I could in my next grow.

HI,
I use Lowes buckets for my hempy. I like that they are a dark blue and I don't need to tape them. I make a 1/2 inch hole about 2 inches up from the bottom.

My original soil hempy was a super soil that i made buying a shit ton of amendments. i have a habit of going way overboard at the beginning. i made that soil and let it cook for about a month and it worked very well even with my phing mistake.

I currently use 25% happy frog 25% ocean forest 25% perlite 25% coco. i use a 1500 watt led in a 3x3 tent. Because the led is so strong, i add cal/mag, silica and potassium when feeding. i am currently on day 22 of my 12/12 flip and my girls look great. i will also use koolbloom in week 6-7 and just water for the finish.

I should add that I was adding perlite and coco to my super soil. so it had aeration.
Yes, straight tap water was phing 7.0 and my plants were loving it in my hempy super soil.

I never noticed root issues. when ever I harvested and pulled my plant from the buckets, it would form a 4 1/2 gallon solid root mass. I would wait for it to be dry and then reuse what I could in my next grow.

i for one am impressed.

the 5 gal buckets are on the larger size for hempy. even larger containers have been tried and proven to work out in regular hempy though, and it's not out of the ordinary.

the use of soil certainly is however.

i'm guessing it's the sheer size of the bucket and the perlite/coco drainage helping to keep the roots from drowning.

get some pics up when you can. it sure will start a conversation. how often do you feed / water ?

good job.

:)

i for one am impressed.

the 5 gal buckets are on the larger size for hempy. even larger containers have been tried and proven to work out in regular hempy though, and it's not out of the ordinary.

the use of soil certainly is however.

i'm guessing it's the sheer size of the bucket and the perlite/coco drainage helping to keep the roots from drowning.

get some pics up when you can. it sure will start a conversation. how often do you feed / water ?

good job.

wow thanks for the kind words. I wasn't expecting such positive replies.

when I was on the east coast I only watered/fed once a week. I recently moved to the desert and have been watering/feeding every 4-5 days. very dry heat here. I fed two days ago at max strength for the first time. maybe that might last a week.
this is my first grow after a year break. didn't want to try to grow in an apartment while house hunting.

here are my current buckets,
5 gallon hempy.jpg

:EDIT:
I haven't uploaded a picture in over a year. so the format has changed. I saved it to media, but was not given that option when showing the photo..... so it will probably be taken down. =(

they look nice.

most hempys get watered more often. you seem to have hit the happy spot between a soil and hempy grow. the one drawback to hempy is the shorter period between feeding / watering. it ties you to the grow and is not conducive to leaving or travelling for even a few days at a time.

they look nice.

most hempys get watered more often. you seem to have hit the happy spot between a soil and hempy grow. the one drawback to hempy is the shorter period between feeding / watering. it ties you to the grow and is not conducive to leaving or travelling for even a few days at a time.
Yours must dry out a lot faster than mine. I get by with a through water/feed once a week, and a quick little water during the week. In a pinch I can let them go a full week between, but I don’t like to do that if I can help it, but have with no wilting.

This things isn't a sickle it's a spear. The tube is 14 inches overall and there is 12 inches of straight perlite in the tube. Started flower on this at less than 8 inches in height.

IMG_20190622_185340.jpg

You can see the leaf crinkle on the top from being to close to the light. Grr.
that makes me smile.

I have never let any of my plants veg longer than two months. never had the room to accommodate real big plants. since I have moved to a recreational legal state, I plan on growing a huge mother plant in my living room. Im going to use a 5 gallon hempy lowes bucket. im hoping for a stalk as big as my forearm. one of my current plants is gg#4 and i have a couple nice clones.... this mother might happen sooner than later.

This things isn't a sickle it's a spear. The tube is 14 inches overall and there is 12 inches of straight perlite in the tube. Started flower on this at less than 8 inches in height.

IMG_20190622_185340.jpg

You can see the leaf crinkle on the top from being to close to the light. Grr.

It’s a SuperSPoG!
@InTheShed

Yours must dry out a lot faster than mine. I get by with a through water/feed once a week, and a quick little water during the week. In a pinch I can let them go a full week between, but I don’t like to do that if I can help it, but have with no wilting.

how big are the buckets you run?

doing 2L hempys in 7 inch tall buckets. they get 650ml per feed/water which is 10% run off from dead dry.. i usually only get that 10%. sometimes less. they eat it all.

i do a coco type schedule which is feed / feed / water with a day in between each. i can go an extra day if necessary. two in an emergency. more than that and it's trouble.

i run 5L buckets as well with a bigger feed and those will go maybe a day or so more than the 2L without trouble.

hi headquarters.. quick jungle patrol report.

nothing huge just a few pics for end of wk 7 beginning wk 8 or thereabouts, who's counting lol. :cheesygrinsmiley:
the ladies all hanging out.

full

it's hard to tell in that mess but the buds have continued to develop.

this is the one cbdream i ran and is probably the nicest looking cola in the bunch.

full

i'm a touch choked at myself for not running more. i use cbd pretty heavy for different things. cbd indicas always produce great colas in my experience. wish i had the talent to get the thc gals going the same direction. working on it.

the white cookies are the least producer in my garden at the moment. here's one on it's own..

full

i'm doing better in the bud to leaf ratio on this grow, even with the stingy white cookies plant. none of my plants are huge tho, they are an average 3 1/2 to 4 ft tall measured from top of the media.

you can see the staking i've done to keep the stems upright. looks ghetto but does the trick. i had to add a couple sticks to a few plants on this last feed. i'll break the stems from weight otherwise.:rolleyes:

this is the other white cookie i have going.

full

they are skinny, but i did not get the extent of the cola development on these during the last run. plants seem to like the changes on this grow so far.

under side jungle shot shows the secondary buds and top development a bit better than one from above.

full

everything is pretty packed in. am working on the next light for this space. want to see how it helps with development over my mighty 200 watts lol.

this is one of the secondary black indica buds starting to gain some frost.

full

mine are definitely going longer due to the weak light available. just gonna have to settle for what i can do for now.

these were grown out on base AN nutes. i ran big bud from the second wk of flower but only on the water side, which is only twice a wk, so really don't know if it contributed much. had the left overs from a sample and just ran til the bottle was done. i'm adding molasses now on the water side starting this wk.

i'll get some fort st. veg/clone pics soon as well.

take care headquarters.

how big are the buckets you run?

doing 2L hempys in 7 inch tall buckets. they get 650ml per feed/water which is 10% run off from dead dry.. i usually only get that 10%. sometimes less. they eat it all.

i do a coco type schedule which is feed / feed / water with a day in between each. i can go an extra day if necessary. two in an emergency. more than that and it's trouble.

i run 5L buckets as well with a bigger feed and those will go maybe a day or so more than the 2L without trouble.
Right now I’m running the 10L dollar store buckets. Also been using the dollar store small trash bins, I think those are 4L or 6 L, I don’t recall. I’ve done will with 2L nursery pots as well. About the same watering schedule for all. The 2L needed twice a week at the end of their run, but not as much as you mention yours need. But I also tend to always have about 60% humidity.

About the same watering schedule for all. The 2L needed twice a week at the end of their run, but not as much as you mention yours need. But I also tend to always have about 60% humidity.

oh damn i get it now. my rh tops at 60% after a rain in the middle of summer. i run a bubbler with the clones and seedlings to get it above 25% usually. my rh will climb to that 60% with transpiration in a full room of mid-veg or later plants.

hi headquarters.. quick jungle patrol report.

nothing huge just a few pics for end of wk 7 beginning wk 8 or thereabouts, who's counting lol. :cheesygrinsmiley:
the ladies all hanging out.

full

it's hard to tell in that mess but the buds have continued to develop.

this is the one cbdream i ran and is probably the nicest looking cola in the bunch.

full

i'm a touch choked at myself for not running more. i use cbd pretty heavy for different things. cbd indicas always produce great colas in my experience. wish i had the talent to get the thc gals going the same direction. working on it.

the white cookies are the least producer in my garden at the moment. here's one on it's own..

full

i'm doing better in the bud to leaf ratio on this grow, even with the stingy white cookies plant. none of my plants are huge tho, they are an average 3 1/2 to 4 ft tall measured from top of the media.

you can see the staking i've done to keep the stems upright. looks ghetto but does the trick. i had to add a couple sticks to a few plants on this last feed. i'll break the stems from weight otherwise.:rolleyes:

this is the other white cookie i have going.

full

they are skinny, but i did not get the extent of the cola development on these during the last run. plants seem to like the changes on this grow so far.

under side jungle shot shows the secondary buds and top development a bit better than one from above.

full

everything is pretty packed in. am working on the next light for this space. want to see how it helps with development over my mighty 200 watts lol.

this is one of the secondary black indica buds starting to gain some frost.

full

mine are definitely going longer due to the weak light available. just gonna have to settle for what i can do for now.

these were grown out on base AN nutes. i ran big bud from the second wk of flower but only on the water side, which is only twice a wk, so really don't know if it contributed much. had the left overs from a sample and just ran til the bottle was done. i'm adding molasses now on the water side starting this wk.

i'll get some fort st. veg/clone pics soon as well.

take care headquarters.

Looking good. How much longer you taking them?

A quick shot of the flowering tent.

And the auto/veg closet

Lava Rock Hempys fed with Mega-Crop and Maxibloom. Plants shown are currently receiving 1/2tsp Maxibloom and 1/4tsp Mega-Crop per gallon of tapwater, ph 5.8-6.0.

What's going on fellow Hempy growers, here is a quick update on my wedding cake clones. Entering week 4 of flowering. Watering 1 gallon nute mix per plant every other day with about 2qt run off.

Someone mentioned that a 5 gallon Hempy buckets is too much. I am looking do my next run on hempys too, should I down size to a 3 gallon bucket instead? These plants seem to be fine with 5 gals. Any thoughts ?
week4wc.jpg
week4wcb.jpg

Looking good. How much longer you taking them?
just saw a couple ambers tonight. thinking a couple more wks. maybe more.

Lava Rock Hempys fed with Mega-Crop and Maxibloom. Plants shown are currently receiving 1/2tsp Maxibloom and 1/4tsp Mega-Crop per gallon of tapwater, ph 5.8-6.0.

looking good in there. i'm working up to the switch to mega-crop. is the maxibloom part of the MC program ?

Someone mentioned that a 5 gallon Hempy buckets is too much. I am looking do my next run on hempys too, should I down size to a 3 gallon bucket instead? These plants seem to be fine with 5 gals. Any thoughts ?

just means you can grow bigger plants. bigger pots take a while longer as well obviously. one of the advantages of hempy is the ability to grow a fairly large plant in a relatively small pot.

Back
Top Bottom