Hempy Headquarters

I strip everything 6 inches up from top of tube at day 21 of flower. I also pull all the big fan leafs that day.
I am still experimenting, but I think a second leaf strip at day 42 helps fill in the buds.

they look fantastic Buck.
this is my first run in a tent. i had a dedicated room before and would let my girls run wild, because i had enough space. the tent is 3x3 so it got cramped fast. i did a massive defol at day 21 for the first time ever. my plants looked like charlie browns xmas tree. it is a week later and i poked my head in the tent and realized that new growth is already blocking light again. after seeing your results, i will be doing another defol at day 42.

:Namaste:

Thought I might share one of my hempys quick. I was gifted ten of these beans, I've grown three. This is the first I have seen this phenotype. Long internodes with the most dense buds I have ever grown. Fruity and skunky and sticky. She is just shy of 60 days, plan to chop next friday.

Leaves are Just starting to purple up. Happy Hempying!!!

I strip everything 6 inches up from top of tube at day 21 of flower. I also pull all the big fan leafs that day.

I am still experimenting, but I think a second leaf strip at day 42 helps fill in the buds. On the next run of the Grape Pupil I will top them 3 days prior to flower and see how they do in the tubes. I will than defoliate the same way.

Are you tempted to let any go a little dry? :battingeyelashes:

They look amazing Buck, and they always bring back fond memories of that last grow I did with small pots. I’m excited to see what yours average. From here it looks like they’ll beat out my ounce per pot average already.

jungle patrol reporting in headquarters .....

full

happy canada (cannabis) day ! :cheer:

to all canadian hempsters out there and the rest of the headquarters gang and 420 family.

the girls all say hello from canada day wk 9 of flower

full

most were celebrating by continuing to grow the buds

full

white cookie twins showing off canada day growth

everyone take care and have a great day

:happy-birthday: Canada :happy-birthday:

Probably in about 1 gallon of lava rock. Vegged for about 4 weeks I think. And she is just about 7 weeks into flower. She is unaltered, fed Mega-Crop at 1tsp/ga until about 2 weeks ago when I switched to 1/4tsp Mega-Crop and 2/3tsp Maxibloom. Ph to around 5.8.

I'm hoping to take her at 10 weeks
Looking awesome! Now I remember where I got the idea to mix MegaCrop with Maxibloom, thanks.

:passitleft:

Looking awesome! Now I remember where I got the idea to mix MegaCrop with Maxibloom, thanks.

:passitleft:
You're welcome.

Honestly it's just what I had on hand. That being said I will be purchasing more of both when the time comes.

Are you tempted to let any go a little dry? :battingeyelashes:

They look amazing Buck, and they always bring back fond memories of that last grow I did with small pots. I’m excited to see what yours average. From here it looks like they’ll beat out my ounce per pot average already.
Ounce per tube.. four tubes per square foot... insane

Your right sue i can let one dry out with no real issues. I just don't know how to prove out the oil production. Do you think I can tell by just looking? More frost? Cloudy/milky trichs?

Ounce per tube.. four tubes per square foot... insane

Your right sue i can let one dry out with no real issues. I just don't know how to prove out the oil production. Do you think I can tell by just looking? More frost? Cloudy/milky trichs?

If it works you’ll have a noticable uptick in trichome production. They’ll make the plant look more sparkly and more milky when the oil begins maturing.

Hi everyone,

Been lurking on this thread for several months, while my first grow (ever) is chugging along in coco. But I do now have my first foray into hempy going as well - a DDA in 100% perlite. Yesterday when I took this pic, she was 18 days above ground. Shocked to see the first pistils so early. Also a bit bummed, as I was planning to reverse her to do some crosses. Not this time, I guess.

@Buck5050 can you share a bit more about your "tubes?" Those are some great looking plants, and impressive yields.

Thanks!

@The Bard page 138 of this thread was a little picture tutorial on how it went down.

The inspiration came from @Tead who was running some bigger diameter PVC. In some of his hempy runs. I read that the wicking action of the perlite was 12 inches. I wanted to verify that. In the same concept I wanted the least amount of medium I felt would sustain a plant through flowering in the hempy grow style. The tubes ended up at 14 total inches. I dump a full red solo cup of nutrients down these things every other day. It's fairly easy and quick. I have notice this amazing amount of air bubbles that precede the nutrient run off from the drain hole using these tubes. If I dump the nutes fast enough it will build up slightly above the roots a few seconds before working it's way down the tube and that than pushes oxygen out the drain hole and pulls new in right behind it. It's quite amazing to see. Once it all equalizes it's a normal run off stream like any other hempy.

@The Bard page 138 of this thread was a little picture tutorial on how it went down.

The inspiration came from @Tead who was running some bigger diameter PVC. In some of his hempy runs. I read that the wicking action of the perlite was 12 inches. I wanted to verify that. In the same concept I wanted the least amount of medium I felt would sustain a plant through flowering in the hempy grow style. The tubes ended up at 14 total inches. I dump a full red solo cup of nutrients down these things every other day. It's fairly easy and quick. I have notice this amazing amount of air bubbles that precede the nutrient run off from the drain hole using these tubes. If I dump the nutes fast enough it will build up slightly above the roots a few seconds before working it's way down the tube and that than pushes oxygen out the drain hole and pulls new in right behind it. It's quite amazing to see. Once it all equalizes it a normal run off stream like any other hempy.

Thanks! So 3" diameter PVC, about 14" long. I knew I had seen a description from several months ago when I was reviewing this thread, but then couldn't find it again. Will have to give this some more thought. Thanks for taking the time to reply - interesting about the "vacuum" that gets created when you water.

If I dump the nutes fast enough it will build up slightly above the roots a few seconds before working it's way down the tube and that than pushes oxygen out the drain hole and pulls new in right behind it. It's quite amazing to see. Once it all equalizes it's a normal run off stream like any other hempy.

You can get the same effect by covering the drain hole with your finger when watering, then removing your finger (er... from the container ;) ) afterwards.

You can get the same effect by covering the drain hole with your finger when watering, then removing your finger (er... from the container;) ) afterwards.

^ I do this ^
And from that, I started exploring a simple flood and drain..
:ganjamon:

this is such forgiving method given the reaction time

Yeah, that's WHY it's so forgiving, lol - corrections are immediate. Plus, you tend to see oops-related symptoms so quickly, you can generally figure out what it was you did that caused the issue to begin with.

It's like seeing a race car, zip zip zip, lol. As opposed to steering loaded barges... by directing the helmsman over the telephone soil.

Back
Top Bottom