Hempy Headquarters

Anybody run AN nutes in hempy? Thinking about running their bloom stuff after veg. But not sure which base i should run sensi coco or connoseir or what?

i run the three part. regular series, not the ph perfect stuff. might switch up to mega crop when the AN nutes run out.

Wanting to try their ph perfect stuff for flower. Keep on busting ph meters left and right.
i am familiar with that phenomenon

After the stickiest of the ickiest. Ever run molasses in hempy towards the end? @bluter ?

i follow a coco type feed schedule which is feed / day off / feed / day off / water. i run a weak molasses solution as background nutes on the water side from mid flower to the end. it will stain your roots.

I've grow a few DDA plants in hempy. I would add 2 tbs of unsulphured molasses to 1 gallon of water and feed it to my plant once a week starting the second week of flowering up till she was about 2 weeks to 10 days from harvest at which time all she got was water.

Doing up some hempy buckets for the first time. I wanted to use hydroton in the bottom but ran low. Gonna do coco on top.

What I'm wondering is if I should mix perlite in with the hydroton to give me what I need or if I should do a couple with just perlite on bottom.

You ever try RX Green? They worked great for me in hempy, made the best nugs I’ve grown so far. It’s just too expensive for me, or I’d use it exclusively.

:passitleft:
I haven't but it's probably not available here. But I can order online. Perlite is easy to get and I have 3 bags of hydroton so I was hoping to use what's on hand.

Gonna have a tube down to the reservoir and of course an air stone in each bucket.

Gonna have a tube down to the reservoir and of course an air stone in each bucket.
The few I’ve seen try this so far haven’t stuck with it for whatever reason. It seems great in theory, I can’t wait to see how yours do!

I’m pretty sure for the bottom of the bucket you can use hydroton, perlite, or a mix of both just fine. I just use perlite in the whole bucket with no coco at all.

The few I’ve seen try this so far haven’t stuck with it for whatever reason. It seems great in theory, I can’t wait to see how yours do!

I’m pretty sure for the bottom of the bucket you can use hydroton, perlite, or a mix of both just fine. I just use perlite in the whole bucket with no coco at all.

Nice. i'm excited to try it. hoping to make use of the tube throughout the entire grow so i think i'll double check my plan and also double brace it somehow. so far i have the tube running to about 2 inches from the bottom, and the reservoir will be 3 inches, hoping the hydroton helps keep the bottom end of the tube in place.

Been thinking about why the tube might not be able to stay the course. maybe there's too much light getting down the tube to the res. or maybe perlite wants to float up every watering and slowly fill the tube. i'm thinking about ways to get around this.

here's my buckets so far. I have 2 mixed with perlite because i put the hole a bit too high and ran out of hydroton pebbles. when i did a quick flush in the tub the hydroton was blocking the hole quite often. I might have made the hole a bit too big it's about a 1/4 inch.

now i'm wondering if the perlite is gonna come out the hole slowly throughout the grow until there's none left in the bucket lol. or if it'll slowly fill the tube? it looked like it was half full of perlite until i gave is a knock and it turned out to be just a small layer of it stuck partway up the tube.

might get rid of the tube all together, but i thought it was a great idea ( not my own ) and really wanted it to work, i'm just afraid it'll mess up the grow part way.

I'm also considering not using hydroton at all, i have enough perlite arriving later today that i could just do perlite on bottom and coco on top.

Should i consider a screen over the hole on the inside of the bucket?

Any tips are gold to me at this point lol.
20190812_192403.jpg20190812_204607.jpg20190813_141304.jpg

Why the tube again?

just to feed the reservoir directly when they get really big and thirsty. the idea sounded good when i read it lol.

I thought about making something like this in a tall kitchen trash can. Taller then the perlite would wick the liquid. In my mind I saw a wire screen, pretty fine mesh suspended about 2" from the bottom effectively blocking the perlite from getting to the air stone. The water/nutrients would be pumped back to the top from this reservoir with that beautiful aerated water/nutrients flowing over the plant's roots and back into the reservoir again. I was thinking of using waterproof epoxy to adhere 4-6 plastic pieces around the inside edge of the trash can about 2" up from the bottom. Then epoxy a piece of 2" diameter PVC pipe standing upright in the center at the same height as the pieces along the sides. These to hole the wire mesh screen up with the perlite on top of the screen. I would draw it but you would have no clue what you were looking at.

I thought about making something like this in a tall kitchen trash can. Taller then the perlite would wick the liquid. In my mind I saw a wire screen, pretty fine mesh suspended about 2" from the bottom effectively blocking the perlite from getting to the air stone. The water/nutrients would be pumped back to the top from this reservoir with that beautiful aerated water/nutrients flowing over the plant's roots and back into the reservoir again. I was thinking of using waterproof epoxy to adhere 4-6 plastic pieces around the inside edge of the trash can about 2" up from the bottom. Then epoxy a piece of 2" diameter PVC pipe standing upright in the center at the same height as the pieces along the sides. These to hole the wire mesh screen up with the perlite on top of the screen. I would draw it but you would have no clue what you were looking at.

are we supposed to keep the perlite off of the airstone?

In all seriousness, the beauty of hempy is its passiveness. The design ensures plenty of air to the roots, especially if using 100% perlite, and adding fertilizer solution across the surface of the perlite, so that it pulls air in as it soaks in.

As long as you sieve/rinse the dust off of it, there shouldn’t be any issues with the perlite being in contact with the airstone.

Back
Top Bottom