Hempy Headquarters

current state of affairs at fort st veg/clone

full

crowded and over grown. plan was to have them moved to the flower room a little over 6 wks ago. the troubles began about 2-3 wks before that.

these are all clones. there is 3 cbdream, 3 black indica, one white cookie, and one master kush. i'm 2 plants over what i had originally planned as the max for this run.

everyone paled, got problems, and generally looked miserable a couple weeks into attacking the mites. by the time i turned my attention fully to the gnats the plants were in trouble.

indication of more than just one issue...

full

some of the worst looking plants i ever had. began losing fan leaves that i never should have. they been taking it hard.

everything looked deficient and hungry - but my ppm was ramped higher than i've ever had it

full

after i ran the extreme h202 flush i reset the nutes, and dropped the ppm. the plants have regained piles of color and are looking better. the pics under the cobs make them look a bit more pale than they are. i turned the cobs down a bit to try counter the effect.

you can see the new growth coming stronger against the old starving leaves, even tho the ppm i feed dropped. note the browned edges on the older leaves. this is damage caused during the iso / neem treatment. the damage may not have occurred if other issues weren't brewing at the same time.

full

the addition of the h202 is certainly attacking what i feel is a root rot issue. i believe the root rot gave the gnats the environment they needed to gain entry, and starved the plants at the same time.

this white cookie elects to look starved all the time. it's super touchy tho and burns instantly there is anything it hates.

full

it's been very resistant to the pests even while it looks awful. it's coming off the menu after this run for a bit. i don't tailor feeds for just a plant or two, and it's off schedule in flower as well. it's in the bank, so i may go to seed for an individual run in the future.

at the opposite end of the scale is the master kush tucked way back in the corner here. it's a light feeder but seems happy no matter. it looked great before the trouble. it's a gift clone i converted from soil and may have brought, or contributed, to the issues.

full

it clawed pretty hard after the heavy h202 treatment but has been working it's way back. it weathered the mite and gnat problem better than the others so far even tho it had both worse. it wants a bit lighter feed than it gets as well. it is indifferent to N, while all the others are screaming for it.

the plan is to hold that one back, clone it out, and do the next run with just master kush alone. thinking of scrogging it.

this run was supposed to be a no or minimal defoliation run, but i wound up both defoliating and lollipopping. i did both since they over grew while i've been trying to clear them, and to reduce the number of sites where the pests could hide. not sure i would advise to go as far as did while plants are under that much stress already.

full

i am really hoping the multi-pronged approach pays off. i don't want to lose this grow and need to get it back on the rails. the no pest strip might just give me the edge i was missing against the fliers.

full

:)

current state of affairs at fort st veg/clone

full

crowded and over grown. plan was to have them moved to the flower room a little over 6 wks ago. the troubles began about 2-3 wks before that.

these are all clones. there is 3 cbdream, 3 black indica, one white cookie, and one master kush. i'm 2 plants over what i had originally planned as the max for this run.

everyone paled, got problems, and generally looked miserable a couple weeks into attacking the mites. by the time i turned my attention fully to the gnats the plants were in trouble.

indication of more than just one issue...

full

some of the worst looking plants i ever had. began losing fan leaves that i never should have. they been taking it hard.

everything looked deficient and hungry - but my ppm was ramped higher than i've ever had it

full

after i ran the extreme h202 flush i reset the nutes, and dropped the ppm. the plants have regained piles of color and are looking better. the pics under the cobs make them look a bit more pale than they are. i turned the cobs down a bit to try counter the effect.

you can see the new growth coming stronger against the old starving leaves, even tho the ppm i feed dropped. note the browned edges on the older leaves. this is damage caused during the iso / neem treatment. the damage may not have occurred if other issues weren't brewing at the same time.

full

the addition of the h202 is certainly attacking what i feel is a root rot issue. i believe the root rot gave the gnats the environment they needed to gain entry, and starved the plants at the same time.

this white cookie elects to look starved all the time. it's super touchy tho and burns instantly there is anything it hates.

full

it's been very resistant to the pests even while it looks awful. it's coming off the menu after this run for a bit. i don't tailor feeds for just a plant or two, and it's off schedule in flower as well. it's in the bank, so i may go to seed for an individual run in the future.

at the opposite end of the scale is the master kush tucked way back in the corner here. it's a light feeder but seems happy no matter. it looked great before the trouble. it's a gift clone i converted from soil and may have brought, or contributed, to the issues.

full

it clawed pretty hard after the heavy h202 treatment but has been working it's way back. it weathered the mite and gnat problem better than the others so far even tho it had both worse. it wants a bit lighter feed than it gets as well. it is indifferent to N, while all the others are screaming for it.

the plan is to hold that one back, clone it out, and do the next run with just master kush alone. thinking of scrogging it.

this run was supposed to be a no or minimal defoliation run, but i wound up both defoliating and lollipopping. i did both since they over grew while i've been trying to clear them, and to reduce the number of sites where the pests could hide. not sure i would advise to go as far as did while plants are under that much stress already.

full

i am really hoping the multi-pronged approach pays off. i don't want to lose this grow and need to get it back on the rails. the no pest strip might just give me the edge i was missing against the fliers.

full

:)

The No Pest Strips are where its at, man! Saved my bacon with mites and I've been sold since.

So guys i am a liitle confused with bluters predicament. Know he's battling the borg and fungus gnats? I switched to straight perlite from coco because the bloody gnats. Never saw one of the little shits again since. Thought fungus gnats couldn't live in perlite?

i don't think that would happen normally.

pretty sure the main issue is root rot. that is what gave the gnats what they needed to move in. the plants grew thru the worst of the heat this summer. i probably should have ran H202 or an enzyme cleaner to counter it. ac in the environment probably would have stopped it as well.

mites don't have a soil stage like gnats do, they live the entire life cycle on the plants, so hempy is susceptible. i got a gift clone on this run which may have brought the pest issues. my environment is really open, so they may have migrated from outside as well. i've killed the mites. the other stuff happened while i was concentrating on them. an iso spray treatment on the mites may have exacerbated the root issue.

loads of hempsters have gotten the mites. gnats are a rarity. and these ones are really pissing me off.

edit: need to add they are over grown and 6 wks past planned flip date...

things have taken a severe turn for the worse in the last 48 hrs. i'm probably losing the grow or at least the majority.

Consider pulling one...….just one...….of the sick plants and removing the bottom 2-3 inches of perlite and roots. Replace that 2-3 inches in the bottom with fresh perlite and replant your plant. What have you got to lose?
totally with you on that. i'm not as attached to these as they are clones and it's been a grumpy run. one thing holding me back from the re-pot is they are already twice as tall as i like before i flip lol

still considering it. will probably toss a couple of the worse plants and try re-pot on a couple. i'll get some pics. should have reference shots for other hempsters to see what root rot looks like in hempy.

I'm betting they're going to be brown and very unhealthy looking where they're being eaten by the gnats. If you do a re-pot see if you can spot a division line where the healthy roots meet the infected roots and make your cut just above that juncture.
i can't understand why the h202 hasn't got them. i did a double strength flush at 2ml / L with 29% h202, and have added it to feeds and watering at 1ml / L.

i have never had plants looking so sick in any media, ever. looks real bad.

edit : i added further up, and will add here, they are 6 wks past flip date and severely over grown

root rot, root bound, pests, likely other stuff

full

they dropped off a cliff in the last 48 hrs

full

deficient and sick. it's pulling down all the established growth. the newer stuff looks like it's kinda hanging on but i'm not sure for how long.

i'm leaning to the up pot and trimming back the dead or dying roots when i do. trying to decide if there is enough plant left to save on most tho.

full

they must be near root bound on top of it all. i've been stripping the dead stuff on a pinch and firm tug basis. if it hangs on i leave on the principle that the plant may be pulling from it to survive. having a real hard time reading these. will have to cull some even if go the up pot.

they have continued to run for the lights through it all.

full

they are already as tall as the ones i just finished and keep going.

i might toss them all save for this master kush and just work on it

full

it clawed hard after the strong h202 flush. it had the gnats worse than the others, but has weathered everything better. it's probably getting more N than it wants, and has a couple other things going on, but looks the most savable.

full

i suspect it rolls on a lighter feed as well. even if i keep the any others i'm gonna start mixing this one's feed separate. i ran this one in a 5L bucket, the others were supposed to be quick 2L hempys. i think the larger bucket and res helped save it from the worst of the problems.

i might just fix and send it alone then go right to seed. maybe take a clone or two off it.

decisions decisions....

Are you seeing bugs @bluter?

there definitely are ( or were ) gnats.

i'm seeing less and less evidence of the gnats. the ones that i do find are not flying and definitely compromised. the gnats are no longer the main issue, even if still present lol.

plants continue to crash. you kinda hit on my dilemma @Kismet . i am not positive if the main problem is root rot, root bound, nutes, pests, recovery shock, or a combination. i don't have much time to cast about for solutions. the up pot is probably the only course left to me. i'm just deciding which to try keep, and whether i feel like waiting til the up pot clears the issues. i'm also tied up with a flower room upgrade, and timing when i can get stuff over there.

strangely the flower room is to blame for a lot of this, not the veg room. i been going 120 + days in flower regardless of strain. stuff has not been developing or maturing any where near a normal time frame. that in turn has backed up the veg room, leading to over vegging, and issues galore. if i had been able to move the plants when i wanted i would likely have not even gotten the original mite issue.

i am building up a new cob light to help negate or rule out lighting as a flower room issue. current plan is to get that done (today), then try save a couple plants to flip while i re-plan and go back to seed for the next run. i promise a proper journal for that, as i hate polluting this thread further with my junk.

quick edit : gonna add the no pest strips are frigging amazing. if they work on mites as well as the flyers i'm buying a box. they allow you to concentrate on attacking pests at the media level alone, without having to deal with their life cycle on the plants or flying about.

they killed the fruit fly infestation in the rest of my place as well.

only drawback is it has to be serious chemicals off-gassing to do it ... :oops:

:green_heart:Not saying you shouldn’t use it for something you consume, but please make sure you are aware of the following:

“This hanging insect repellent uses controlled-release technology to slowly diffuse a deep, penetrating vapor throughout the enclosed treatment space for up to 4 months. Its clean, odorless vapor kills both visible and hidden insects on contact and prevents new insect infestations. Hot Shot No-Pest Strip is designed to be used in areas occupied by people less than four hours per day”

“This product can expose you to chemicals including DDVP (Dichlorvos), which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.”

Active Ingredients: Dichlorvos (2,2-dichlorovinyl dimethyl phosphate) - 18.6%

Back
Top Bottom