Hempy Headquarters

Ok, Proceeding onward I went by a couple of Dollar Tree stores today and they had no pitchers anywhere at either place. Bumm'd out I found a waste basket that seem's like a good option to play with. At $1 each and no need to duct tape them, such a deal.
Even better they are a bit oblong 6x9 and the bottom fits perfectly in a Swiffer box.(plenty of those around) Right at 11inches tall, slightly tapered. Worst case, if I don't like them in the future they will make great waste baskets again.
My little Runt #3 plant made the transition very nicely. I used Sue's recommendation and taped the hole in my small cup and filled with pH 6.0 to float. Prepped the bottom with the larger Perlite course and then made a 3/1 mix of smaller organic perlite and vermiculite. Filled to about 2/3 and then slide the plant out of the cup and into it's new larger home.
Before planting I did check the volume of the reservoir so I can know how much it's drinking between each watering. With the hole at 2inches the volume is 3 cups. This should be a large improvement over the 75ml the little hempy cup had that needed replenishing every day.

In the background are the other two clones #'s 1&2. They are currently at about the same height as #3Runt in her new bucket. Just a couple of pictures of their growth in the little cups. Lots of bud sites all the way down the stalk and they seem to be close and very nicely spaced.

Got my little girl transplanted today into her permanent home...
Here's a question for the group...
Generally, I run all my autos in the same pot from seed to nug. I've always had healthier plants this way with less runts. Anyhow, what's the thought for an auto in a hempy pot? Start it in a bigger container from the start and just feed at the root base? Transplant up pots through grow? Sorry for the basic questions, this is my first hempy run.

-P

Start it in a bigger container from the start and just feed at the root base? Transplant up pots through grow?

All of the above? I transplant my hempy autos. I have a 1 liter container they start in, and then I transplant into their two gallon bucket at about three weeks.

All of the above? I transplant my hempy autos. I have a 1 liter container they start in, and then I transplant into their two gallon bucket at about three weeks.
Sweet! This little JHa was started in soil, but was perfect age when I got the wild hair on my ass to try this hempy project. LoL... As long as she survives, I'll call it a success. A bit droopy right now, but she'll bounce back. In a 2 gallon bucket now and got a 1 liter (25%) nutrient dose shortly after transplant. I don't see any reason for another move for this one. My next seedling will be starting in a hempy cup and transplant up from there... As long as this run is successful.
:bong:
-P

@SweetSue
I am 95% Hempy and agree that I can grow more plants have more diversity or volume than just a couple big plants that go forever and ever
I really like my 1.5 gallon pots/buckets they seem to be the sweet spot so far as long as I don't veg too long.

this last group I know I've veged a little too long due to space constraints so we'll see how they bud, hope the don't get root bound

Docs soil looks great, but also seems like a lot of work

Good luck on the 100% hempy lifestyle

I just cleaned out my barn & growroom yesterday and was finding damn perlite everywhere. LoL

:rofl:

Stopped me in my tracks Preston. LMFAO! I'm in a third-floor apartment. There's perlite everywhere. I doubt you'd find a space in this home that doesn't have perlite. Lol!

:rofl:

Stopped me in my tracks Preston. LMFAO! I'm in a third-floor apartment. There's perlite everywhere. I doubt you'd find a space in this home that doesn't have perlite. Lol!
I just kicked over a bucket yesterday
Lol

Hi Sue,

I'm here to hijack your thread again! :hug:

I had a thought while doing a little perusing of the new 420Magazine layout and pages.

Does anyone think that a section titled "Hempy" or some other title, might better represent and organize this method of cultivation?

Under the current Growers Forum SubSection:
Hydroponic Gardening
Growing without Soil

Aeroponics , Ebb&Flow, and DWC are currently grouped as hydroponic grow methods.

I have performed all three methods in the past and the information gathered in those headers is very accurate and very valuable to all. The "Hempy" bucket style of growing is, in my humble opinion, it's own distinct method, including it's unique challenges and solutions. It might deserve its own sub Forum Header? Just a thought, but does anyone else think this might be beneficial to 420Magazine and its patrons? Maybe a Vote Page?

Peace
Keith

I'm all for it, not sure there is enough members to justify a sub found for Hempy

Id ask Teddy what his thoughts are, easiest may to find out

I support the idea of having an easy to find separate Growers Forum SubSection just for Hempy growing. I really appreciate this thread that Sue started and has kept going and would suggest that it be pinned at the top of the new section, so it doesn't get lost in other posts.

Regarding having enough members, I feel the number will grow as others find their way and like what they read and see being shared. Much like @FelipeBlu sharing with me this technique and I have become completely sold on it. That was two new members right there.

My thoughts also included a few search engine tests for "Hempy" and "Hempy Bucket". 420Magazine doesn't get a quality hit (Top 5) from any of the major search engines, always below the other 420 related websites. Hempy is popular enough among all of the major engines since they "auto-predict" Hempy Bucket as a choice (my cookies and history are zeroed).
I know this isn't the measure of quality information, and maybe not a goal of 420Magazine. The vast majority of web folks do find their desired information via WWW via search engines. 420Magazine seems to attract, or at least retain, the most desirable subset of 420 people on the web IMHO, so perhaps quantity and quality are two very different goals!

My opinion is worth 2 cents at best ...
:laugh:

Peace
Keith

Hi Sue,

I'm here to hijack your thread again! :hug:

I had a thought while doing a little perusing of the new 420Magazine layout and pages.

Does anyone think that a section titled "Hempy" or some other title, might better represent and organize this method of cultivation?

Under the current Growers Forum SubSection:
Hydroponic Gardening
Growing without Soil

Aeroponics , Ebb&Flow, and DWC are currently grouped as hydroponic grow methods.

I have performed all three methods in the past and the information gathered in those headers is very accurate and very valuable to all. The "Hempy" bucket style of growing is, in my humble opinion, it's own distinct method, including it's unique challenges and solutions. It might deserve its own sub Forum Header? Just a thought, but does anyone else think this might be beneficial to 420Magazine and its patrons? Maybe a Vote Page?

Peace
Keith

I think if not now, in time there'll be the numbers to justify the subdivision Keith. It's unique enough within hydro grows, but I suspect it'll take more participation to get the change made. We'll keep tempting them. :battingeyelashes:

But I'm not planning any new hempies - so that is negative 1 o_O

Someday Rad, you'll be so mesmerized by the wonder and fun we're having you'll find it irresistable and give it another try. :battingeyelashes:

This is the most fun - actual fun - I've had growing cannabis, and the more hempy I grow in place of soil the happier I am. When you find the groove with hempy it's so simple it's almost sinful.

I have that oil pan with a riser I use for drenches to keep the pots from sitting in the runoff, and I lift the pots to wherever that pan sits. Today I reached down and picked this girl up with one hand and thought "couldn't do that with your soil girl." And I couldn't. This plant is equivalent in size and structure to one in soil. A gallon of perlite vs five gallons of soil.

All the plants pictured above are hempy. Soil yields, hempy ease. I find it hard to beat.

Thank you Reverend Tead. :battingeyelashes::green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom