Hempy Headquarters

I ph using the old Chinese test strips. I always estimate that I'm landing around 5.8 and everyone generally appears happy. My 2 pennies

I tried not checking ph for awhile, once... I keep her dialed in these days.

So I counted three of you responding that you work higher pH than 5.5-6. Let’s see what the others reply with.

hi headquarters ... quick jungle patrol report

ladies made it to end of wk 6 / beginning of wk 7.

full

poor old cell is not a great camera. gals packed on a little weight this wk. looks like i didn't have to worry about the defol going too far. stakes have been working good, should have wired a couple stems up more. shot for minimal approach on both defol and staking.

buds filling in bit better on this grow.

full

not award winning by any measure. looking forward to next grow after adding more light. probably finishing this under the 200 watts. i haven't been watching trichomes yet, were all clear last time i checked, but that's what i expected. probably start watching closer.

the anit-defol folk are gonna hate this grow lol. been a great plant management tool. should have taken a bunch more out of the interior tho. let a lot of the larf go.

full

take care headquarters.

:)

the anit-defol folk are gonna hate this grow lol.

That'd be me ;) - but I'll admit that the practice has its uses, depending on the circumstances.

Mostly, it's when I see it being espoused and know that there'll be newbies who see it being done and end up thinking it's a requirement (and without thinking about why it gets done by the people who aren't simply parroting the directions they followed to produce their very first successful grow) that causes me to shake my head. In that respect, I look at it like I do the practice of topping or something else that often gets done solely because "that's what they always do."

These 5 plants are flip +49 days. Fed Mega-Crop only, 1tsp/ga tap water. Lava rock Hempys.

Not the best photos, but they are doing well. I know Harlequin is knocked up and I believe the other 4 got a nice dusting when I removed the Harlequin stud. Harlequin x Northern Lights sounds pretty medicinal to me.

On the defoliation note, I am not averse to clipping a few leaves here and there after the stretch, but I avoid it when possible. Also, I don't top my plants. They don't seem to like it in my world which means I don't either.

I'll admit that the practice has its uses, depending on the circumstances.

i wouldn't be trying it without previous experience growing thru to finish with no defol. my first preference would be to scrog, but the circumstances don't allow it. the defol helps to manage the high number of plants within a small footprint. 12 plants in 9 sq ft. it's a fantastic management tool for that. yield and bud size have definitely increased as a result.

Bring home a tub of lady bugs and watch how that goes down...

Yup, I released a tub early Monday morning before I left town for the week. I hope to see NO aphids when I return Saturday evening.

You have a beautiful garden Bluter! :yummy:

it's no where near as nice as i see what you have going on

Yup, I released a tub early Monday morning before I left town for the week. I hope to see NO aphids when I return Saturday evening.

Hope you left little saucers with some water in them for the critters. If so, they probably had a feast while you were gone.

Hope you left little saucers with some water in them for the critters. If so, they probably had a feast while you were gone.

Yes, two little ladybug water resorts - one on each side of the plant.
:surf:

Friday fun day. These Grape Pupils have taken over the tent. Very disappointed in how this has gone. Everything looks fairly healthy. I have learned a lot from how this has gone. The tubes are working and the nutes are great. I will most likely add some more Grape Pupil clones in the next run. When I do that I will top them a few days before flower. I would like to see how they turn out with that structure. The frost is light along with the terps at this point. She sure does have color and vigor though. The Sunny D is filling in nicely. The little ones are testers waiting to be sexed.
IMG_20190621_053804.jpg
IMG_20190621_053941.jpg
IMG_20190621_054038.jpg
IMG_20190621_053821.jpg

what are you disappointed about ?

looks pretty good to me overall. i love the tubes and aggressive approach.

what are you disappointed about ?

looks pretty good to me overall. i love the tubes and aggressive approach.
Well...
I have some of those taller ones growing into and past my lights. I started them in flower at 6-8 inches and now there 36+. The tops that are into the lights are getting crispy leaves. I was hoping for a more even canopy. I have two lights to compensate for different lengths but this was well beyond what I expected.
This situation also makes it difficult to keep a nice breeze on the tops to combat mold and high humidity. It looks like everything will finish fine.

On another note I have been feeding 5.5 gr/gal of MegaCrop with 1 gr/gal each of sweet candy and bud explosion. Some tubes started this feeding right at day 21. At this ppm its been cruising so far with no issues. I fed today with a little more MC at 6 gr/gal

Well...
I have some of those taller ones growing into and past my lights. I started them in flower at 6-8 inches and now there 36+. The tops that are into the lights are getting crispy leaves. I was hoping for a more even canopy. I have two lights to compensate for different lengths but this was well beyond what I expected.
This situation also makes it difficult to keep a nice breeze on the tops to combat mold and high humidity. It looks like everything will finish fine.

On another note I have been feeding 5.5 gr/gal of MegaCrop with 1 gr/gal each of sweet candy and bud explosion. Some tubes started this feeding right at day 21. At this ppm its been cruising so far with no issues. I fed today with a little more MC at 6 gr/gal

how tall is the tent ?
maybe sativa dominant. seen more than one at seven foot indoor in soil. i love sativas but the turn around and height have me hesitant.

wanna try the switch to MC when i run the AN nutes out. by the time i get there the hype will probably have exploded the price lol.

i really like your grow.

hello everyone,
I made the hempy switch about 4-5 years ago. I used to do a 50/50 coco perlite combo. my harvests were good and I was really happy with how easy hempy made hydro growing for me. one thing I thought I was lacking was, taste. my finished product always seemed to lack there. I decided to try using a super style soil in a hempy bucket for kicks and giggles. I ran into problems during flower. I was still phing my water to 5.8 and dropping it in the soiled hempy. that was a mistake. I forgot that the soil, if correct, will ph the water naturally. I started giving the plants water straight from my tap, which ph'd 7.0. what a difference one little change made.
I guess what im trying to say is this, I made hempy even easier by using soil as my medium. I threw out my ph meter and have been smiling ever since.

hopefully this isn't sacrilegious...….
if I have offended the hempy gods...… I apologize, but i'll poke my head up and scream "it works for me!"

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom