Hempy Kush 400w HPS

hope you get it figured out bro ive read u cant over water with hempy and perlite :roorrip:

Me too bro, but I think OMM hit it on the head.

Don't know if it is Root Rot....but.....use a bit of bleach to wash your pots next time. Then wash with water. The bleach will kill all the bad stuff. :yummy:
You are absolutely right Uncle O, I did wash them out but with Antibacterial soap.. I'm doing a 10% bleach job on all my buckets from now on.
what do the roots smell like ?
They smell like coffee gronds cause their in the compost pile now.

Thanks to both of you for checking in on me :peace:
I fixed the problem:thumb:

The whole "Enchilada" in the "GREEN MACHINE"
DSCF23101.JPG

I DID A COMBO OF "DIPS" USING GREAT WHITE AND CLONEX
DSCF23171.jpg

DSCF23131.JPG

3RD WEEK OF VEG FOR THE AFGHAN KUSH
DSCF23141.JPG

Very nice grow u have going here Siscokid I do enjoy the thought on a hempy's grow. Perhaps when I have more room I'll try it out. But I do have a simple question for you since you are doing a hempy's grow, what are your thoughts on raising the hole an inch or two and adding an airstone to the bottom of the bucket to mix nutes and provide extra oxygen? Just trying to collect info before I get into deep to turn back. Keep up the good work. I'll be following from the background now:nicethread::roorrip:

Very nice grow u have going here Siscokid I do enjoy the thought on a hempy's grow. Perhaps when I have more room I'll try it out. But I do have a simple question for you since you are doing a hempy's grow, what are your thoughts on raising the hole an inch or two and adding an airstone to the bottom of the bucket to mix nutes and provide extra oxygen? Just trying to collect info before I get into deep to turn back. Keep up the good work. I'll be following from the background now:nicethread::roorrip:
Hello Teiji2 :welcome:
I think that could be a positive thing if you can keep the air-stone from getting plugged up..

I'm not sure if it was the perlite or that I had sucky air-stones/air-pump on my last bubble cloner....the fizz was just not there after a week of running it, some perlite had made it to the bottom all over the stones.

Thanks for dropping in and please don't be a stranger, I'd like to follow up on your idea. :peace:

Hey Siscokid, like the "Green Machine" aero cloner is great! Like the root trimming action, hehe. The coloration could be from the nutes/additives. Send some positive your way hope your plants gets better.

Much appreciated 12/12 We're on day 3 of the "GREEN MACHINE" and the cuttings all look the same.

LOL on the root trimming action, we don't need no stinking Air-pots right? :lot-o-toke:

Thanks for the possitive vibes man..

Here's my favorite song to wake up to and spark up a bowl with a cup of fresh coffee. :peace:

Man Sisco, you aren't catching any breaks.

I noticed some algae on your perlite but I doubt that got to the roots. A little peroxide in your nutes would probably keep that green stuff down.
I was thinkin' the 7 day watering regime might have allowed some roots to dry and die. Was the brown low on the root ball or spread throughout? They don't look particularly slimy,so maybe it's from the nutes as you mentioned.
Ya know dirt is messy but it's also forgiving.
The plant didn't seem to show any signs of root issues, I thought it was doing well. Hygrozyme might be worth the expense if you have further root issues.

The cloner looks good, should be able to pump out some great clones.
I need to replace an airstone in my DIY bubble cloner, down to half capacity at the moment but I won't need it for a while yet.

Good luck with the KK clones. :thumb:

So where does the 400w go when you spark up that new 600w'er? Thats a lot of light for a small space.:wood:

I bought a cheap and dirty 400w setup, 200 bucks total. Surprised it actually fired up both bulbs without quitting immediately. If it works without overheating my space I'll go with a 600w cooltube and lumitek ballast next time around. It's the extra cash for larger fans and filter that kept me from going that route this round. Gonna need a new ph meter also. This low budget grow hasn't been so low budget after all, lol. I'm sure the 200 buck setup will bite me at the worst possible time but I figured I'd give it a try just to compare against the led results.

Keep 'em green and keep the videos coming.:thanks::peace:

Man Sisco, you aren't catching any breaks.

I noticed some algae on your perlite but I doubt that got to the roots. A little peroxide in your nutes would probably keep that green stuff down.
I was thinkin' the 7 day watering regime might have allowed some roots to dry and die. Was the brown low on the root ball or spread throughout? They don't look particularly slimy,so maybe it's from the nutes as you mentioned.
Ya know dirt is messy but it's also forgiving.
The plant didn't seem to show any signs of root issues, I thought it was doing well. Hygrozyme might be worth the expense if you have further root issues.

The cloner looks good, should be able to pump out some great clones.
I need to replace an airstone in my DIY bubble cloner, down to half capacity at the moment but I won't need it for a while yet.

Good luck with the KK clones. :thumb:

So where does the 400w go when you spark up that new 600w'er? Thats a lot of light for a small space.:wood:

I bought a cheap and dirty 400w setup, 200 bucks total. Surprised it actually fired up both bulbs without quitting immediately. If it works without overheating my space I'll go with a 600w cooltube and lumitek ballast next time around. It's the extra cash for larger fans and filter that kept me from going that route this round. Gonna need a new ph meter also. This low budget grow hasn't been so low budget after all, lol. I'm sure the 200 buck setup will bite me at the worst possible time but I figured I'd give it a try just to compare against the led results.

Keep 'em green and keep the videos coming.:thanks::peace:

Mmmmick my brother from another mother! How you doing my friend, I hear you had some roof problemo and your neighbors suck ..or something like that...

Yes man, I'm not sure I was having a root problemo now that some peeps are shooting towards the "Great White" I was only freaking out mainly cause I just couldn't remember if that pot had been used during my last root issues I still got the clones so nothing lost.

Hygrogyme, is in the mail.. well it will be as soon as I can slip it in. The 400w will be in a dark and lonely closet as a back up..I bought the 600w one cause the one I have is a little on the "EL CHEAPO" side with only 1 year warranty.

My 400 just isn't getting into the corners of the closet, so I used about 200w of supplimental cfl's and that was a pain in the ass to work around.

Yeah, I don't even keep track of how much I spent on the closet... I only know that I could never have afforded to purchase the amount of buds that has come out of it.

Hey speaking of purchases and such I just got these in the mail today.

DSCF2327.JPG

yeah the roof will do until next year, but the neighbors might be an issue. The room sounds like a machine shop when it's quiet enough outside. Have to work on vibration damping, I guess. It's the open window year round that bothers me most, re the neighbors.

I understand the mini panic when you saw the brown roots. Better to address it now than to find out half way through flowering that there's a problem. The clones will give you a fresh start with more peace of mind.:thumb:

Hygrozyme is good to have in hand. No expiry date to worry about and it'll clean up any dead organics if needed. I'm going the same route with the 600w when the cash is available. The cheap 400w will be there if needed, though I'd love to be able to run them both. I have about 45 sq feet of grow space with an 8 foot ceiling but fans and dehumidifier take up a little room.

The Papaya you know is good. Good luck with the freebies. Some of the new auto strains are promising. Nice mix.
I'll have the Mango back in the near future. started a Moby Dick and just ordered Barneys Lucy, Night Shade, and Acapulco gold. And on Norcali's reco I added some CH9 Vantage. And the Black Widow is doing well so far under the flouro tubes.
Not that I needed more strains but there are so many great choices available it's hard to keep the visa in my pocket. Maybe I need another woman in my life to keep things in perspective, lol.

Half pound from just my last grow was enough to wipe out any expense I've incurred so far so it's a fair deal. Of course the free (or cheap) leds didn't hurt. But the quality of the stash has improved considerably from those days of buying bags from the locals so I'd still grow even if it cost more.

yeah the roof will do until next year, but the neighbors might be an issue. The room sounds like a machine shop when it's quiet enough outside. Have to work on vibration damping, I guess. It's the open window year round that bothers me most, re the neighbors.

I understand the mini panic when you saw the brown roots. Better to address it now than to find out half way through flowering that there's a problem. The clones will give you a fresh start with more peace of mind.:thumb:

Hygrozyme is good to have in hand. No expiry date to worry about and it'll clean up any dead organics if needed. I'm going the same route with the 600w when the cash is available. The cheap 400w will be there if needed, though I'd love to be able to run them both. I have about 45 sq feet of grow space with an 8 foot ceiling but fans and dehumidifier take up a little room.

The Papaya you know is good. Good luck with the freebies. Some of the new auto strains are promising. Nice mix.
I'll have the Mango back in the near future. started a Moby Dick and just ordered Barneys Lucy, Night Shade, and Acapulco gold. And on Norcali's reco I added some CH9 Vantage. And the Black Widow is doing well so far under the flouro tubes.
Not that I needed more strains but there are so many great choices available it's hard to keep the visa in my pocket. Maybe I need another woman in my life to keep things in perspective, lol.

Half pound from just my last grow was enough to wipe out any expense I've incurred so far so it's a fair deal. Of course the free (or cheap) leds didn't hurt. But the quality of the stash has improved considerably from those days of buying bags from the locals so I'd still grow even if it cost more.

Yeah them dang neighbors, what sort of noisy contraptions are you running?

I have the 6" exhaust fan and 3 fans which are all "ON" 24hrs and I can't hardly hear them..

Yes, the Papaya will have to be a strain that I keep growing, it's not just delicious but it was one easy plant.

I've always (since OMM started his) wanted to grow Auto's lol ..So I put a tiny pinch of the "Great White" in some Distilled water and dropped the "Thunder Bloody Mary Automatic" it's supposed to go real fast.

No locals selling herb around here, so it's all up to my trusty closet and me. Hope that we get to see you in action soon my friend, but you stopping in to check up on us and to let us know your OK is good too.

:thumb:

The fans are whisper quiet, it's the dehumidifier that adds all the noise and I can't do without it. The dehumidifier fan isn't too bad but the compressor vibrates a lot. I'll work out some kind of foam mount or hang it from heavy bungee cords if necessary. The open window is just gonna have to stay open.

The Mango is probably pretty close to the Papaya. Its pretty easy to grow, not bad with mildew and great smell and taste along with good potency, mind and body. I'd reco it if you didn't have the Papaya already. My friends on the freebie train like the Mango best of all.(so far)

I have to fess up. I've got a Buhdda Syrup, Red Dwarf and White dwarf under the 126w in my closet. The Auto Haze I ran last year was quite good so I thought I'd run these just to see how they made out. Didn't want to advertise because my neighbor made a couple of comments about online grow sites and I thought he might have connected me to 420. I didn't want to take the chance because this isn't the sort of neighborhood where I would feel secure when I was out, if the connection was made. I've since gotten a little more info and I don't think he's aware, just talking, so I guess I can discuss them more openly.
Love the name Thunder Bloody Mary, hope she does well.

No local weed available makes it even tougher to lose the girls. Postive vibes are flowing for this round, brother.:thumb:

Thanks Sisco. I'm still undecided about a journal but I'll probably start one up once things are rolling.:thanks:

Hmmmm, something told me you might have a low-profile grow going..it's not like us to just stop for too long, it's in the blood.

You could just drop a picture or twenty in here if you like, I would love it. I'll have to do a comparison grow on the Mango...

Don't stick your purple tongue out at the neighbors and you should be OK :laughtwo:

It is kinda tough to not grow when there are so many great strains to play with and the stash is minimal. I figured it would be too long between grows to stretch the edibles far enough and some of these autos are pretty quick.

A comparison grow would be interesting. Might find they're all the same but the name.

Thanks Sisco, I appreciate the offer. Ride-alongs can get carried away tho, so I wouldn't want to post a lot in your journal. Confusing to those who don't stay current.

Lol, the purple tongue is only scary when the spikes are showing. Caught a look at a lady with a split tongue on tv the other night. Pretty wierd. I fell in love with her immediately.

LOL, love at first site :yahoo:

The seed reserves are filled and they need our help to keep it from busting a seam. So who can blame you just as OMM..he'll be needing another tent to carry out with his stockpile. It's Fantastic that we can go through all these different types, I never would have known about any of it if I hadn't grown here on :420:
Had to top the AK today cause I sort of felt like it...

DSCF2328.AVI - YouTube

Looks like she is gonna be one hell of a lady. Threat her right and she'll return the Favor... I can't wait to see her full of red and orange hairs frosted up with Trichs.

:welldone: my friend!!

LOL I wasn't aware the tongue is actually 2 separate muscles. Of course I only love her for her knowledge of anatomy.

OMM has definitely done his part to keep the seed banks from bursting.:thumb: We can only try to keep up.

The Afi Kush is kicking in after that slow start, looks good and the clones are doing fine. I like that cloner.

LOL I wasn't aware the tongue is actually 2 separate muscles. Of course I only love her for her knowledge of anatomy.

OMM has definitely done his part to keep the seed banks from bursting.:thumb: We can only try to keep up.

The Afi Kush is kicking in after that slow start, looks good and the clones are doing fine. I like that cloner.

I'll have you know I haven't ordered in months...well in a moth anyway.! :yahoo:

Looks like she is gonna be one hell of a lady. Threat her right and she'll return the Favor... I can't wait to see her full of red and orange hairs frosted up with Trichs.

:welldone: my friend!!

Thanks bro, I likes them short and fat..:yummy:

:blalol: two is always better than one:thumb:

Yeah, we can only dream of getting close to him.. just watching his grow and making a list of 10 strains that he rates 9 and above. :yahoo:
:thanks:
I think foliar feeding in the mornings for the past week have done good things to the AK.. didn't you have a bad time with this strain yourself??

I'll have you know I haven't ordered in months...well in a moth anyway.! :yahoo:

:welldone: Leave some for the rest of us! lol

I managed to skip a couple of months but I slipped this month and will again when the new freebies are listed. If I stop buying seeds for a few months I could probably get the bigger fans and filter I want, lol. decisions

Yeah my original AHK seeds only popped one or two plants which didn't fare well. I think they may do better if PH/nutes are tailored to their specific needs. I gave them the same treatment as the other strains I had running at the time and thats probably the main reason they didn't flourish.
I blame the guy growing my plants more than the plants themselves, lol.

Staying away from foliar feeding until I feel more confident about my PM issues, but it seems to have been good for your AK.:thumb:

OMM is doing lots of research for the rest of us. :welldone::thanks:

Back
Top Bottom