Hempy - OC+ - CFLs & 3 Good Seeds

re: Hempy - OC+ - CFLs & 3 Good Seeds

blue when doin this style do you plant your seed directly into the perlite or do you use rockwool or something

also i was wonderin how many lights you were using i remember you sayin you use 26w cfl but jus wonderin how many ya had

Hey Blue :bravo:

That perlite girl is taking off it looks like! :ganjamon:

Loved the comment about lots of nothing for lots of something! I know the feeling. :yahoo:

Lucy Blot....can't wait to get big and make you happy. :loopy::loopy:

nice, the one in the perlite medium looks really good. The seedling are lookin real good as well. Four of mine broke soil last night. New proud papa.

Thanks my friend, I especially love how Sammie looks. And congrats again on your babies, any more sprout yet?

I really wanna try hempy for the next time i grow, what made you switch over if you don't mind me asking? It seems like it will really let the roots go but i wanted to try a hybrid for my first grow (SmartPots). Whats your personal experience? :)

Thanks for stopping by kylester816! My experience is very limited, this is my second grow.

My first (soil) grow was a mess, I had some crf's in some soil but not in others, fought nute and ph problems all grow. I'm not blaming the soil, if I did it again I'd do much better. And someday I may try soil again.

But not this time. I'm as excited about the OC+ as I am the hempy style. Literally all you have to do is add water and lights.... or at least that's worked out well for everyone else I've been watching.

blue when doin this style do you plant your seed directly into the perlite or do you use rockwool or something

also i was wonderin how many lights you were using i remember you sayin you use 26w cfl but jus wonderin how many ya had

Hey BigSlim! You can put your rockwool or whatever directly into the perlite, it won't hurt anything. I described what I did, copied from DocBud, at the start of this thread.

I have about 30 26W cfl's. I'd like to have about 8 per plant, that should be plenty I hope. We'll all find out together. Right now the babies are under 4 26W 6500K's.

Hey Blue :bravo:

That perlite girl is taking off it looks like! :ganjamon:

Loved the comment about lots of nothing for lots of something! I know the feeling. :yahoo:

Lucy Blot....can't wait to get big and make you happy. :loopy::loopy:

Hey OMM! Aloha! So far so good, except the AK48 didn't sprout. Also I got a nice buzz off of Big Amber during my test yesterday, so my hopes are raised for the 3 big girls.

Maybe I'll get something for something after all:cheer:

"I have about 30 26W cfl's. I'd like to have about 8 per plant, that should be plenty I hope."

I was thinking after 29 cfls you should try hid
new cutoff 31

I think by forum rules you have to post a picture of the lights when you get them set up:cheer:

go blue

"I have about 30 26W cfl's. I'd like to have about 8 per plant, that should be plenty I hope."

I was thinking after 29 cfls you should try hid
new cutoff 31

I think by forum rules you have to post a picture of the lights when you get them set up:cheer:

go blue

Welcome jusohappy. I don't have any current plans to get an HID light, I have an irrational fear that I'll burn the house down.

Most of the lights are now being used to finish the girls from my last grow, and as you can see I'm no electrician. If it will hold a light, I'll use it :)

IMAG02761.jpg

Finally I have something resembling a day off! Only a few hours left on the job from hell - staining a giant outdoor playset - which I'll take care of shortly.

I've been going 12/7 for about a month now. That's a good schedule for flowering plants but sucked for me.

And the good news continues. Last night I decided that it was very unlikely I'd get anymore sprouts. This morning Little Miss
AK-48 decided to make her entrance into this cruel world.

Grow journals are such a good source of info, especially your own if you have a crappy memory, which I suspect lots of site members do:tokin:

So looking back on my earlier journal, these seeds went into water on 10/5 and into their mini-hempy's on 10/6. It took her 8 days to sprout. The others were up within 3 days.

No more sprouts the last 2 days, I'm probably done but I'll keep trying for a few more days. Looks like the AK-48 was a dud, bummer. It was the first seed I picked out.

Sammie is doing great. I'm still not sure if she's reached the reservoir because I can't say she's 'exploded' but I'm not sure what that means.

Here she was 5 days ago:

IMAG02961.jpg

IMAG03072.jpg

Here she is last night:

IMAG03102.jpg

She's a beautiful dark green color, real tight nodes and growth evident at the node branches.

Here are baby bagseed, baby Bubba and Lucy Blot:

IMAG03111.jpg

Great looking plant and seedlings man!
One thing I can say from personal exp. in hempys, any topping or LST/HST, works best after the plant is larger and sexually mature. By larger I mean branched. My general rule of thumb, if the plant is big enough to take clones from, it's big enough to bend. By this time the plant has enough time to "anchor" which in hempy is important. If the roots are not to the res yet and the plant isn't sexually mature(alternating nodes/preflowers), it will stress it out. When you cut or bend a plant it should turn toward the light with in a couple hours, and have new growth(in a new area), within a day or two.

Like I said just personal exp. so, anyone feel free to correct me if I am inaccurate about anything

:goodluck: BlueDog

I'll be watching:popcorn:

Thanks Elbee that makes a lot of sense. I could really feel how loose she was in the perlite when I tied her. However she's doing great so we'll see if I harmed her.

I'd like to keep them as short as possible and grow them around the circumference of their buckets. I'll play it by ear and tread very softly.

Thanks Elbee that makes a lot of sense. I could really feel how loose she was in the perlite when I tied her. However she's doing great so we'll see if I harmed her.

I'd like to keep them as short as possible and grow them around the circumference of their buckets. I'll play it by ear and tread very softly.

When I needed to control the height of my topped, lolly-pop moms, I let them grow to the light(about 18") then topped them twice(once a week). Then took clones to lolly pop them the next week. It made them under 10" until they grew out new tops, with 7L buckets full of roots. More roots=healthy plants.

Great looking plant and seedlings man!
One thing I can say from personal exp. in hempys, any topping or LST/HST, works best after the plant is larger and sexually mature. By larger I mean branched. My general rule of thumb, if the plant is big enough to take clones from, it's big enough to bend. By this time the plant has enough time to "anchor" which in hempy is important. If the roots are not to the res yet and the plant isn't sexually mature(alternating nodes/preflowers), it will stress it out. When you cut or bend a plant it should turn toward the light with in a couple hours, and have new growth(in a new area), within a day or two.

Like I said just personal exp. so, anyone feel free to correct me if I am inaccurate about anything

:goodluck: BlueDog

I'll be watching:popcorn:

I think you pretty much got it covered. Thats more or less exactly how I feel.

There I'm also now subscribed, :cheer:!

Keep up the good work brother

When I needed to control the height of my topped, lolly-pop moms,

What does lolly-popped mean?

I let them grow to the light(about 18") then topped them twice(once a week). Then took clones to lolly pop them the next week. It made them under 10" until they grew out new tops, with 7L buckets full of roots. More roots=healthy plants.

When you say topping I'm taking that to mean cutting it off to produce more tops correct?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm confused as usual. You top them twice as they grow to the light? Were they already previously topped before you did that? Maybe when I know what lolly-popped means it will be clearer.

On a broader level, do you think topping is better than lst'ing in perlite?

Thanks!

I like the combo of LST and topping in perlite. this gives you a good sturdy base and multi tops. With my last grow for instance I had a soil thick horizontal Plain which was held in place with tie downs This helps to combat the tendency for plants to want to tip in perlite. A little bondage goes a long way.

Aye B-dawg!!!!!!!. Just caught up with this journal.Def sub'd. I'm doing 2 hempy pc grows
6 plants total (bagseed first). DocBud, SS, Itschrome,Tokensmoke &Trunks and a few others my brain won't allow me to remember at this particular moment, have allcontributed to my "grow bible". Thanks fellas!!!!!!!

Welcome! I hope you start a journal too, you'll love it and it helps a lot.

Just pop over to subscribe to your thread.:popcorn:

Thanks for joining us Two Tokes! I'm on yours too.

I think you pretty much got it covered. Thats more or less exactly how I feel.

There I'm also now subscribed, :cheer:!

Keep up the good work brother

Thanks Chrome and welcome! You inspired me to look into hempy. I hope it works as well for me as it did for you. Did you lst your plants?

Back
Top Bottom