Hempy - OC+ - CFLs & 3 Good Seeds

re: Hempy - OC+ - CFLs & 3 Good Seeds

Way to go on the cloners Blue.:thumb:

I really like the idea of having them ready when you get back from your 2 weeks vacation. :Rasta:

agreed....I'm building one of these cloners for just that situation.
"When you simply cannot be there to mist."
Just RO in there, Dawg? (or distilled) no light should=no algae, so no chemicals
The Quasar is way ready for cuttings, but I'm waiting for the Super Sour OG to catch up. I'm doing something similar to your 2L thing. I'm making a bunch of these Sour OGs....I can just tell by the look of this 6in baby....I'm gonna want a bunch more of this one. The Sour and the Grapefruit Krush are supposed to produce uppwards of a kilo under optimal outdoors conditions....That's just nutz:adore::adore::thedoubletake::thedoubletake:
:morenutes: Optimize...Optimize....Optimize :)
Peace Y'all

Looking good Blue! Keep up the great work my friend, Looks like that cloner works well.

:goodjob: & :goodluck:

Blue, here is a recipe I found it is not mine but I thought that these sounded good

Medicated Jolly Rancher Hard Candies (dinosaur eggs)
So I thought i'd share with you all what i was busy making in the kitchen tonight.

What you'll need:

Light corn syrup - 1 cup
sugar - 2 cups
water - 1/2 cup
candy thermometer (up to 300f at least)
coffee grinder - (grind up jolly rancher flavoring)
food coloring (optional)
powdered sugar
baking sheet
butter or non stick spray
flavoring (jolly ranchers - you pick your favorite flavor! add more the better! try to keep the flavor the same)
cannabis tincture - the amount is up to you, depending on potency, i tend to go a bit heavvvvy because we like it to really work when smoking isn't an option!

My cannabis honey tincture/elixir recipe is as follow:

soak 2 oz of ground buds in a 5th of bacardi 151 (place inside mason jar), keep this jar protected from light and place in dark cupboard for two weeks.

remove jar and strain.

double boil the alcohol to concentrate the substance.
I like to add this concentrate to a batch of organic honey on low and cook for 6 hours.
this suspends the thc inside the natural sugars and taste yummmmy.

now, you can leave it at this stage and use it as it or follow my candy recipe.

see below for candy recipe:

First step, unwrap your jolly rancher flavor of choice (add as many as you want) and grind them into a powder with your coffee grinder.

To make hard candy, add in a pot, 2 cups of sugar, 1 cup of corn syrup and 1/2 cup of water. (DO NOT add tincture, flavoring or color until later!)

heat this up material until the sugar devolves and the substance starts to boil, you want to reach a desired temp of to 302f usually a nice light golden amber brown.

*if you do not have a candy thermometer you can drip some of the hot sugar liquid in a cold class of ice water and see if it hardens up to a cracking sugar. this is what you want, not gooey.*

make sure you have prepared this beforehand; tincture/honey tincture (about 6oz for this recipe) also have prepared the jolly rancher powdered flavoring and food coloring. Once your material has reach temp (302f), oh at this point, BE CAREFUL! this shit is hot and will leave you with nice burns if you're not careful.

I have three flavors of powder here because i made three seprate smaller batches, again, id use only one flavor at a time.

remove 302f sugar liquid from stove and let cool for about 1 minute. you want the temp to drop just a bit from 300 to about 250 and stir in your crushed jolly rancher sugaring flavor, cannabis tincture, and food coloring and stir rapidly, trying to cool the material,melt the jolly rancher and also not damage the thc in tincture while mixing the candy thoroughly.

pour over cool aluminum baking sheet that has been buttered or sprayed with non-stick.

let cool 5-10 minutes or until pliable and you can work it with your hands.
if your material gets to hard, place the metal baking sheet on a LOW burner for a few seconds to make it pliable again.

cover your hands with some powdered sugar to help it from sticking
also dust your candy with some as well.

spoon up a little sugar and roll it into a little bite size candy balls.

lightly coat with powdered sugar and store in the freezer!

mmmmmmm medicated jolly ranchers, or as i call them dinosaur eggs. try to made the size smaller then "1 dose" you'll be eating more then one of these i'm sure!
enjoy!!

-James

Looking good BlueDog.
I went and got the water fogger from the link you provided in my journal. Thought you should know. Hopping to produce a consistent perpetual grow for the next one I'm looking to do similar setup like yours with 2 litters.

Morning HD that's awesome... let me know how it works for you cause if it does I'm getting one too... thanks bro :peace:

Way to go on the cloners Blue.:thumb:

I really like the idea of having them ready when you get back from your 2 weeks vacation. :Rasta:

Aloha OMM!

I thought it was just a 1 week vaca, but I'll take 2 :yahoo: Since I'm heading west I can just swing by and check out the Matterhorn :woohoo:

Take care my friend :peace:

agreed....I'm building one of these cloners for just that situation.
"When you simply cannot be there to mist."
Just RO in there, Dawg? (or distilled) no light should=no algae, so no chemicals
The Quasar is way ready for cuttings, but I'm waiting for the Super Sour OG to catch up. I'm doing something similar to your 2L thing. I'm making a bunch of these Sour OGs....I can just tell by the look of this 6in baby....I'm gonna want a bunch more of this one. The Sour and the Grapefruit Krush are supposed to produce uppwards of a kilo under optimal outdoors conditions....That's just nutz:adore::adore::thedoubletake::thedoubletake:
:morenutes: Optimize...Optimize....Optimize :)
Peace Y'all

Morning Chopper! I'm pretty sure that most of the flowering times and yields that the seed companies quote are based on clone sogs, cause that's the only way the numbers seem to make sense and someone posted a description that said as much.

If not for the plant number issue, and the pure aesthetic value of growing regular plants, a sog seems to be the way to go if you're focused on the most yield in the smallest space and shortest time... which is pretty much all of us haha.

Keep these good cloner thoughts coming bro. I'm using rainwater not RO because I thought it would be better to have some kind of minerals present, but I'll do an pure RO run next.

With all these mothers I'm going to do run after run of clones now looking for the best method - I'll just pitch the clones if I don't have a current use for them.

That pondzyme doesn't exactly clump, I talked about it once before. It creates what look like brown wispy scuz, I think that's the barley trying to snag particles out of the water but regardless I don't like it in there. I'm going to buy some other water clarifiers and algae killers at Petsmart and document the results.

Another weirdness.... I guess there must be some currents in there, the stems are all bending one way or another. I moved around the airstones... maybe I should take some of the water out? Any ideas are appreciatedd thank you :lot-o-toke:

Can't wait to see someone cook up one of these hard candy recipes. I'm loving the idea of having hard candies to suck on all day - so stealth and yummy sounding!

When are you going on vaca, Blue?

Looking good Blue! Keep up the great work my friend, Looks like that cloner works well.

:goodjob: & :goodluck:

Morning L1U! Thanks for stopping by bro, I know you've got lots on your plate these days. I'm still here, fumbling my way through haha.... :peace:

Blue, here is a recipe I found it is not mine but I thought that these sounded good

Hey PB thank you for that! It sounds perfect, but I'm going to use a different extraction.

Here's the extraction I'm going to try, I'd like to credit the authoress but I'm not sure if I can... Screw it, this woman is a genius, her name is BadKittySmiles.... mega props to you BadKitty! From an alternate site pm me if you'd like the link.

This is a cut down version of the full post but all the critical info should be here, the full post has lots more pics and extractions and recipes.

"Citric Acid Extraction: The Easiest and Most Discreet Extraction"

This will provide you with the strongest, easiest extraction yet. Less (or even no) heat involved, meaning less possible damage vaporization and loss of cannabinoids, and it performs an incredibly efficient extraction and break-down of glandular material.. I find it much more reliable than oil. And it has a wide range of uses, anything that blends well with, or can hide a touch of sour citrus flavor. You can even thin it out and lace pre-baked cakes and cookies, by drizzling it evenly over their surface.

It's incredible with steak (I mix some in with my marinades, and it hides perfectly in A-1 Steak Sauce), chicken (an Italian oil and vinegar seasoned rub, goes amazing with the canna citrus flavor), cookies, lemon cakes, apple pie... you only need just a touch. And a hint of citrus can bring out all the sweet and savory essences of the dish you're preparing.

If you've ever had a 'sour warhead', that's basically what the pure mix tastes like when blended with a hint of sugar. You'll notice that, as it dissolves on or under your tongue, that there are no solid hashy glands remaining or left behind.

It also makes a fantastic beverage base.. summery drinks are perfect with a hint of canna citrus flavor. I'm preparing for the good weather

It requires very few tools and supplies, and you can be as healthy as you'd like with it; you can wet the citric powder for processing using cider vinegar, rice vinegar, wine vinegar, a strong alcohol, or even water. If discretion is necessary, all you'll need is your hash or herb, a small jar, a little water, and your citric acid (found at any pharmacy, health food store, and probably WalMart as well).

Two methods; hash, bud.

The only difference process-wise between the two, is that when using bud, you'll need to divide your canna and use two to three times the liquid and citric powder, saturating your bud, and you'll want to make several runs with that liquid using the divided portions, if you'd like it very close to hash-strength.

You will need:

- a small glass jar, for final storage (some plastics will -melt- from not only the citric acid, but the combination of the acid and the glandular material)

- hash or herb.. for the tutorial I used about 5 grams hash

- 1 ½ - 2 tsp powdered citric acid

- 2 tsp vinegar

or

- 2 tsp alcohol

or

- 2 tsp water (use extra ½-1tsp citric powder)

optional, speeds things up

- lecithin

- ceramic dish

- oven

- foil

Directions:

Add your canna, lecithin, and citric powder to a blender or mortar and pestle.

Blend well.

When finished, after only mixing the powders together, you'll notice already that your glands have begun breaking down and you've got a very sticky, tacky mix. That's the acid already going to work at drying out and breaking down your material.

Now, add your liquid. Blend further.

It begins evaporating very quickly, you'll want to transfer it to your ceramic dish or jar soon now. It's already very, very sticky at this point, a bit like a longer Iso soak mixed with kief. Note: don't touch it as I have done here.. my finger tips are caloused from working with ph down, trimming by hand, stamping out lit bowls, and making these sort of concoctions.. this amount of acid could potentially burn you, or leave you with tender, sore and inflamed skin.

Prepare to either: finish, by jarring your mix, and letting it sit for several days, or up to a week.

Or, spoon it into your oven safe container, wrap with foil, and heat at 180 degrees for 10 minutes... this is enough to drastically speed the process up.

By now, you should have a very dark, glossy, oily mix.

9_no_heat_and_heated.jpg

(left not heated, will darken over the next few days... right was heated)

Seal well in a jar at this point for immediate use, or set aside for one to two days (to achieve a peak gloss before the final step).

24 hours later...

13_24hrs_later_close1.jpg

And we're done I like to let mine dry out fully, then add a few drops of alcohol, or vinegar, and then call it finished. Just the tiniest few drops (or the smallest, sticky crumble when it's a bit 'dried') in anything sweet or savory, and you're set and medicated for a good, long time.

15_2_days_later-2.jpg

Can't wait to see someone cook up one of these hard candy recipes. I'm loving the idea of having hard candies to suck on all day - so stealth and yummy sounding!

When are you going on vaca, Blue?

GMTA Xlr8! I love the idea of it too.

I'll be gone in November for my son's wedding, so I've got some time to work things out here.

Some tasty recipes.:thumb:

I like the UV reactive Glowing Hash Candy idea, lol. Just cause it's trippy.

Cloner is looking good Blue, hope it puts out the healthiest clones you've ever seen.

Thanks Muggles! It was simple to make except for the saw blade scaring the hell out of me :)

I copied it from Sisco :thumb: I just wish I'd done it months ago when he first showed it to me.

Sog Update
:cheer:

I have rows 4 deep, each tub holds 3 rows, and 3 tubs kinda fit under the light for a max of 36 2L's with lots of help from cfl's.

One tub fits perfectly under it, and the first row of each tub bracketing it gets very good exposure too. That's 20 plants. The next rows out would be more cfl than cmh, and the farthest rows would be mostly cfl lighting, and I don't want to run lots of cfls.

So I'll be mostly growing 20 plants in sets of 4, 8 or 12. I'd like to start 12 at the same time but right now I have 8 just about ready and the rest weeks behind. First up will be 7 ak48's and 1 acapulco gold. Next set will be mostly golds. I keep killing all the bub clones but there are a few still with us.

ak20 cut 35 days ago, first roots 16 days ago

IMAG1564.jpg

IMAG1565.jpg

She had the worst roots of all of them figures I took her pics lol. I'm giving them a few more days in the 2L's just to make sure they're rooted enough.

The ak's will again be rocking the red 2L's and the gold is in green.

IMAG1566.jpg

IMAG1567.jpg

IMAG1568.jpg

tub cloner in a tub

IMAG1569.jpg

they all look great

IMAG1570.jpg

burmese kush 10 days

IMAG1572.jpg

pineapple chunk

IMAG1573.jpg

tangerine dream

IMAG1574.jpg

gold clones, seedlings

IMAG1575.jpg

remaining golds & bubs... guess which one I don't think will make it?

IMAG1576.jpg

WHATEVER DUDE!!! All I have to say!! :rofl: Oh, and :goodjob: Kidding, but couldnt the almighty Golds have gone into, I dont know, YELLOW!??:rofl: Just sayin...My new goal in life...Grow as many plants as BlueDog...Somehow!!!

Hey Blue thanks for turning me onto BadKitty. Now I have another extremely in depth thing to read and decipher. Like I didnt have enough already.:goodjob: lol.

If she would have been my Home Ec. teacher in highschool I would have majored in cooking.:tokin:

NOTE: I will not start seedlings in those 10in.dia. X10in high (3gal?) nursery pots.*(repeat 100 times)
Waaay too hard to move to a 5 gal. bucket come transplant time. No room to get your hands in the bucket holding the 10in. dirt ball......ball crumbles, delicate roots rip, plants IMMEDIATELY droop in the sun :yikes::sorry: Quick soaking with worm poo tea, and moving straight to the CFL room is all that kept them from dying right then and there. :allgood:
Back to "straight from the paper towel to the 5gal bucket."
I'm not even sure why I put in the extra step....easier to light and easier move around....so laziness is the reason. Everyone is just fine, but it will not happen again. I prescribe a few days under the blue CFLs and lots o worm poo tea. The leaves are all pointing up again, now, so they're really ok
(whew, damnit!):amen:
:morenutes:

Some tasty recipes.:thumb:

I like the UV reactive Glowing Hash Candy idea, lol. Just cause it's trippy.

Cloner is looking good Blue, hope it puts out the healthiest clones you've ever seen.

Hey Mmmmick thank you my friend! I hope it does too, but I had scuz in there again last night. Changed the res, scrubbed with bleach, I even took wetted paper towels and gently wiped down the stems. Don't think it was algae but the scuz that the pondzyme creates. I've given that shit enough chances now, it might work great in ponds but it sucks for what I need it for.

Big thumbs down for pondzyme... it now joins the cheapo light mover and DIY ballast kit as lessons learned. One of these days I'll get some hygrozyme but I think I'll visit petsmart again first.

No sign of scuz today so I gave them a light shot of the clonex and superthrive... fingers crossed. This is day 3 and they all still look fine.

Glad you liked the recipes... I don't think I'll be making hash infused chicken anytime soon but that candy.... I hope to make some soon if I can find any citric acid.

:peace:

Just checked out some of Bad Kittys stuff. She has done some amazing things.

Hey Blue thanks for turning me onto BadKitty. Now I have another extremely in depth thing to read and decipher. Like I didnt have enough already.:goodjob: lol.

If she would have been my Home Ec. teacher in highschool I would have majored in cooking.:tokin:

Hey Inda I hear ya! I'd have majored in botany and home ec if I had to do it all over again lol.

I like reading anyhow, but reading this stuff is downright fun :yahoo:

NOTE: I will not start seedlings in those 10in.dia. X10in high (3gal?) nursery pots.*(repeat 100 times)
Waaay too hard to move to a 5 gal. bucket come transplant time. No room to get your hands in the bucket holding the 10in. dirt ball......ball crumbles, delicate roots rip, plants IMMEDIATELY droop in the sun :yikes::sorry: Quick soaking with worm poo tea, and moving straight to the CFL room is all that kept them from dying right then and there. :allgood:
Back to "straight from the paper towel to the 5gal bucket."
I'm not even sure why I put in the extra step....easier to light and easier move around....so laziness is the reason. Everyone is just fine, but it will not happen again. I prescribe a few days under the blue CFLs and lots o worm poo tea. The leaves are all pointing up again, now, so they're really ok
(whew, damnit!):amen:

Man would that have sucked Chopper good save :bravo:

I just finished grilling about a half bag of topsoil, I did that while I was yet again rebuilding the flower room lights frame. This time it will fit out the door :yahoo:

For better or worse I'll always think of you now when I'm cooking dirt... how's that for a legacy lol :tokin:

Even though I shrunk it last time it was still bigger than I need, and it's now customized for both the cmh and side cfl's. I can also kinda walk around in there now without fear of tripping over a cord or kicking over a light.

I'm going to transplant the 3 seedlings into soil in a bit, all mothers will now go to soil.

I feel like Hamlet lately, I'm at a crossroads for both harvesting the old sog and starting the new one but I keep dithering... maybe another day or two.

WHATEVER DUDE!!! All I have to say!! :rofl: Oh, and :goodjob: Kidding, but couldnt the almighty Golds have gone into, I dont know, YELLOW!??:rofl: Just sayin...My new goal in life...Grow as many plants as BlueDog...Somehow!!!

Oops almost missed you Q we can't have that!

I actually had some yellow 2L's but I was worried they wouldn't sufficiently block the light so you'll have to settle for green haha. I'm about 99% certain that no algae has grown in those green ones but I could only check one plant so far... but if and when I confirm that, I could paint some green ones yellow and then the golds will have their proper color because believe me, I'll be growing lots and lots of her.

It's funny I was over 60 'plants' a few days ago if you want to call an unrooted cutting a plant, but at least 10 of those have since died from the great slime attack. Once I'm satisifed that I can clone properly those numbers will drop quite a bit. They're all basically from 4 seeds so that's a pretty good return on my investment.

Take care my friend.... :peace:

Hay BlueDog, interesting you mention the pondzyme as a possible cause of your stem slimming... I put some in my cloner, too. I don't think I had any slime, but the stems did get a mottled look with some dark places. None of them rooted, some started, but didn't get far.

After I saw some algae in few of my mini-hempy clones, I started using pondzyme in my waterings, and they cleared up. Course, I put their red pants on too ;)

My next run in the machine will be pondzymeless :Rasta:

your rolling now blue....:peacetwo:

Thanks ss I sure hope so! Your babies are looking good too :thumb:

Hay BlueDog, interesting you mention the pondzyme as a possible cause of your stem slimming... I put some in my cloner, too. I don't think I had any slime, but the stems did get a mottled look with some dark places. None of them rooted, some started, but didn't get far.

After I saw some algae in few of my mini-hempy clones, I started using pondzyme in my waterings, and they cleared up. Course, I put their red pants on too ;)

My next run in the machine will be pondzymeless :Rasta:

Hey Horse! Does yours have barley? Mine has this blurb on it 'Incudes Barley' like that's a great feature. But I think that's the stuff that forms the scuzz. When I dump it in the water it looks like wheat germ and it all floats on top. When I stir the water it settles and collects on the bottom in the center. I think it gets whipped up into this foamy shit in the cloner. I think in the dark with clean water we'd probably be ok without anything, just change the water every 5 days or so. What do you think? I'm really tired of buying stuff and I'm not going to unless I'm sure I really need it from now on. Thanks bro :peace:

Thanks ss I sure hope so! Your babies are looking good too :thumb:

Hey Horse! Does yours have barley? Mine has this blurb on it 'Incudes Barley' like that's a great feature. But I think that's the stuff that forms the scuzz. When I dump it in the water it looks like wheat germ and it all floats on top. When I stir the water it settles and collects on the bottom in the center. I think it gets whipped up into this foamy shit in the cloner. I think in the dark with clean water we'd probably be ok without anything, just change the water every 5 days or so. What do you think? I'm really tired of buying stuff and I'm not going to unless I'm sure I really need it from now on. Thanks bro :peace:

Mine has barley too. I assumed it either created or fed the enzyme. I never saw foamy stuff, either. The ezcloner is basically light proof, so I probably didn't need it there.

I'll keep using it in the potted plants... Hygrozyme is just a little too much moola for me ;)

Took a few pics today in the flower room since I had to take the cmh out. I pulled the ak's tonight and will harvest them first thing tomorrow in the dark. The bubs are still drinking so I'm waiting them out. And the golds are still going gangbusters.

IMAG1578.jpg

IMAG1583.jpg

ms a. gold

IMAG1579.jpg

IMAG1580.jpg

IMAG1582.jpg

bubbleicious

IMAG1581.jpg

lights frame rev 74

IMAG1584.jpg

veg palace

IMAG1585.jpg

back to soil :yahoo:

This is Sunshine organic potting mix, Bio-tone starter and a dab of oc+.

pineapple chunk left, tangerine dream. 12 days

IMAG1586.jpg

burmese kush, ak clones

IMAG1588.jpg

buku 12 days

IMAG1589.jpg

l to r 2 very shaky bubs, 1 good bub, 4 good golds

IMAG1590.jpg

2 good bubs, 2 good golds

IMAG1591.jpg

This sog isn't off to the best start either but at least I have good sets of 4. I put the 3 biggest ak's and the gold into flower tonight. They're well rooted plus. Ak's are 36 days old, ag 31 days and they've all had roots for 13-14 days now.

The next 4 ak's will join them in a few days.

Then it looks like another 10-14 days before the next batch will be ready, 8 golds and 3-5 bubs.

Back
Top Bottom