Hempy - OC+ - CFLs & 3 Good Seeds

re: Hempy - OC+ - CFLs & 3 Good Seeds

Looking good Blue :thumb: I see you have alot of things going on. I just wanted to stop in and see what was going on with ya. Keep up the good work my friend.

I'm not sure but if you surrounded your grow space with Panda Film in flower your plants would get more light and you might get more out of them. That was just a thought I wanted to say I meat nothing bad by it at all Blue.

Have a good 1 Blue.

A trick I use when I clone is to put them into 32oz cups, down deep so the plants top is below the top of the cup, then use glad clingwrap as a humidity dome. I maybe spray once or twice, they stay nice and humid because I leave them on a heat mat, and I've had 100% success with this way, cut the leaves in half and you are good to go!! Oh, I use jiffy seed starting mix, distilled water, olivias cloning gel and rooting cups (styrofoam with a boatload of holes in the bottoms and sides, like swiss cheese, then sit that cup in another cup, dip clone in cloning gel then into soil, water with distilled water to runoff, then drain bottom cup and leave insert out to dry) makes some beautiful starting roots. sometimes I throw in some root66, new plant thrive, and a dab of superthrive.

Looks like you have an early summer harvest Blue, congratulations. Do you have a favorite amongst those strains you grew or are growing?

I decided to buy 2 Grow LED Hydro 180s and although my plants are still in veg, they obviously love them. If you're thinking about making the very costly investment in LEDs, consider the life cycle of them. I figure if I can get 4 or 5 seasons out of these lights, it will be well worth it. 1 grand for 5 seasons of growing is a reasonable cost to me considering that those 1000+ watts of CFLs I used to use cost me some $30 a month extra in electricity. Of course you know this yourself.

You know what's funny. I had planned on not participating in this board this season but I find myself drawn here time and time again because it's my only company during the grow season. I keep everything on the down low so I end up coming here just to talk about this plant with fellow growers. I do love it though. What a great hobby. Talk at ya Blue.

Mine has barley too. I assumed it either created or fed the enzyme. I never saw foamy stuff, either. The ezcloner is basically light proof, so I probably didn't need it there.

I'll keep using it in the potted plants... Hygrozyme is just a little too much moola for me ;)

Hay Mr. Horse! Maybe I was using too much of it? When it didn't seem to be doing anything I kept upping the dosage, probably about 5 pinches in 2-3 gals of water. Anyway I got some algae killer in the pond section of Lowes today, if I can find my magnifying glass to read the freaking instructions I'm going to give it a try. Some kind of sliminess around the root zone of the stems again today, I don't know if it's supposed to be doing that or if I've got more problems. All 15 of the previous algea'd clones are now dead.

I think I'll still use the pondzyme too for waterings but not in the cloner.... take care my friend :tokin:

Looking good Blue :thumb: I see you have alot of things going on. I just wanted to stop in and see what was going on with ya. Keep up the good work my friend.

I'm not sure but if you surrounded your grow space with Panda Film in flower your plants would get more light and you might get more out of them. That was just a thought I wanted to say I meat nothing bad by it at all Blue.

Have a good 1 Blue.

Hey L1U! Please never feel bad about offering thoughts or ideas, I appreciate all of them!

In this case it's a great idea too :cheer:

I was thinking yesterday that for the first time this frame could probably take some panda film, which I have lots of. First I have to get an ac unit installed because our break of nice cool weather is about to end, and from now until the fall it's going to be hot and humid as hell.

I gotta think enclosing the frame with panda would raise temps quite a bit, and I don't have a blower. I think I'm going to experiment, try to get extra light reflection but also allow decent airflow.

Thanks for stopping by bro :peace:

A trick I use when I clone is to put them into 32oz cups, down deep so the plants top is below the top of the cup, then use glad clingwrap as a humidity dome. I maybe spray once or twice, they stay nice and humid because I leave them on a heat mat, and I've had 100% success with this way, cut the leaves in half and you are good to go!! Oh, I use jiffy seed starting mix, distilled water, olivias cloning gel and rooting cups (styrofoam with a boatload of holes in the bottoms and sides, like swiss cheese, then sit that cup in another cup, dip clone in cloning gel then into soil, water with distilled water to runoff, then drain bottom cup and leave insert out to dry) makes some beautiful starting roots. sometimes I throw in some root66, new plant thrive, and a dab of superthrive.

Hey Phil! I'm trying to visualize what you're describing with the cups but I'm having trouble. Are you rooting them in soil inside the swiss cheese cup? Do you have any pics? It sounds very interesting and I like the idea of putting plastic wrap over the cups... :lot-o-toke:

:) how do you have time to post ???

I love the bud-kebabs my man :high-five:

Hey bro I usually fool around with the plants for a half hour or so each morning and aside from getting high and staring at them that's about all the attention they get lol.

I jarred the first ak that I chopped last week, she's all of 4 grams haha. Sitting at 68% she smells really sweet. I chopped the remaining 4 ak's this morning, 95 grams wet. I'll probably get 20-22 total grams of ak from this grow, which I hope to turn into hash candy :woohoo:

Although I said I'd wait them out I'm chopping the 3 biggest bubs tomorrow morning. They're pretty well finished and the heat is returning, I don't want to risk cooking them at this late stage. I'm guessing I'll get 10 grams each. Today is day 70.

The golds and youngest bub still arent' ready but as I said before the golds love the heat.

Take care my friend and thanks for stopping by.

Looks like you have an early summer harvest Blue, congratulations. Do you have a favorite amongst those strains you grew or are growing?

I decided to buy 2 Grow LED Hydro 180s and although my plants are still in veg, they obviously love them. If you're thinking about making the very costly investment in LEDs, consider the life cycle of them. I figure if I can get 4 or 5 seasons out of these lights, it will be well worth it. 1 grand for 5 seasons of growing is a reasonable cost to me considering that those 1000+ watts of CFLs I used to use cost me some $30 a month extra in electricity. Of course you know this yourself.

You know what's funny. I had planned on not participating in this board this season but I find myself drawn here time and time again because it's my only company during the grow season. I keep everything on the down low so I end up coming here just to talk about this plant with fellow growers. I do love it though. What a great hobby. Talk at ya Blue.

Hey zzoomm! I'm in the same boat, only one friend knows I grow and he's busy with his family and we don't talk about it over the phone, so this is the only way I have to share as well. Common sense tells me this isn't the smartest thing in the world to be doing but it would be really hard to stop posting. It's honestly half the enjoyment that I've gotten from this hobby of ours, meeting so many great people who see life a lot like I do, all here helping and supporting each other.... and having lots of fun too :party:

I've only smoked 3 strains and of those it's almost a coin flip but my fav is the bubba kush, followed closely by lucy and ak48. Soon I'll hopefully be adding bubbleicious and a. gold to my list :woohoo:

The bubba kush knocks me on my ass, and it smells so good to me I like to just touch it and smell it lol.

I'd love to get an LED believe me. But it's a lot of money up front which is my big issue. So for now I'll have to stick with what's brung me this far and keep trying to tweak things :tokin:

Take care and I hope you keep posting bro!

Looking great Blue. Soon your going to be harvesting every week:cheer:

Hey PB it's wasn't in the plan but it's pretty much how things have turned out :yahoo:

I was just talking to you at your place lol.... :peace:

lookn good blue... :party:

Oops you snuck in on me there ss... thank you my friend!

I did a little shopping today, I couldn't find citric acid anywhere but last night on a cheese making thread - I guess they use citric acid too - someone said try asian grocery stores and the first one I went to had some :yahoo:

IMAG1595.jpg

Does anyone know if vinegar goes bad? I used a little of this god knows how long ago.... several years at least... it still smells fine and now it's really aged lol... please let me know if this can poison me or something.

IMAG1598.jpg

I'm now the proud owner of my very own freaking mortar & pestle :party:

This is a man's kitchen tool! Grinds herbs and nuts and anything you want with ease :woohoo:

Don't ask me why but I love this thing :cheer:

IMAG1599.jpg

I don't need this for the extraction but I will for the candy... a candy thermometer :yahoo:

IMAG1601.jpg

2 oven/freezer safe bowls with plastic lids. I really wanted to get one with a ceramic lid but I couldn't find any, and 2 stores in one day is my limit.

IMAG1600.jpg

Everything I need for the extraction - I hope! There's also an oven thermometer in there, I have an old gas oven and don't trust the temp markings on the dial, and for some of this stuff if you're too hot there go all the cannabolids.

IMAG1603.jpg

Wait! There's something missing... about 20 grams of water cured trim and popcorn from my last grow.

IMAG1604.jpg

This will be really exciting if it works, I hope to try it tonight but I have more reading to do first.

Taking inventory, I've still got about 3 z's from my outdoor grow that's about a 6 on a scale of 1-10, about 2.5 z's of the bagseed from my last grow that I tried once months ago and wasn't impressed, and soon I'll have about 20 grams of ak48 from this sog to use.

This is super cheap to make so it's worth it to try some of the older swag, BadKat says if you keep concentrating it with additional buds it gets stronger. I'll probably use less than $1 worth of citric acid and vinegar for this extraction. The rest of the stuff set me back $45 but we'll just forget about that part since it's reusable lol.

:peace:

I will take some more pics the next time around, should be a couple of days. It's pretty simple and works like an absolute champ. I had been afraid to clone, didn't think I could do it without rockwool, humidity dome, etc., then I read a thread about these cups, really simple, like a smart pot for seedlings/clones.

Blue I know that vinegarwill go bad. Will it posion you, I can't say I throw anything in the kitchen out if it passes its expiration date.

Your mortar and pestel are a great addition can't wait to see how your citric extraction works.

I will take some more pics the next time around, should be a couple of days. It's pretty simple and works like an absolute champ. I had been afraid to clone, didn't think I could do it without rockwool, humidity dome, etc., then I read a thread about these cups, really simple, like a smart pot for seedlings/clones.

Thanks Phil that will help me to see what you're doing... what I'm doing could definitely use some improvement!

Blue I know that vinegarwill go bad. Will it posion you, I can't say I throw anything in the kitchen out if it passes its expiration date.

Your mortar and pestel are a great addition can't wait to see how your citric extraction works.

OK PB thanks, I'll get some fresh vinegar. Should have just grabbed some while I was out, but the store is real close. I'm going to try this tonight. :tokin:

I think that rice vinegar would blend better flavor wise vs the red wine but then I don't know how much the vinegar flavor plays.

I think that rice vinegar would blend better flavor wise vs the red wine but then I don't know how much the vinegar flavor plays.

Crap you're probably right, but I'll try the red wine I just picked up a new bottle. If that's not good I'll try something else :)

Which of BadKittys concoctions are you attempting Blue?

I'm not sure yet bro, the first thing I'm doing is finishing her thread I'm only on page 11. But I'm going to try to do the citric acid extraction and use that to make hard candy, either a recipe of hers that I haven't gotten to yet or the one that PB is using. I picked up a bag of jolly ranchers and confectioners sugar so I'm ready for anything lol!

That bowl & grinder reminds me of one of my dad's stories from the 60's. I need not say anymore because that would give information to the Man....lmao

I am medicated and have been drinking so I might just be talking out my rear end...:ganjamon:

Keep it true Blue!!

Can't wait to see you make candy. I was eying up those jolly rancher candies she made, too. Yummy stuff!!! :yummy:

Hi Blue! :ganjamon:

I didn't even mind the 3 pages I read to get caught up! Your journal is always fascinating because there is so much going on. Clones, sog, candy, and who knows what else. One thing for sure, everyone loves it, including me! :party:

Don't trust open wine or vinegar for very long :ganjamon:.

That bowl & grinder reminds me of one of my dad's stories from the 60's. I need not say anymore because that would give information to the Man....lmao

I am medicated and have been drinking so I might just be talking out my rear end...:ganjamon:

Keep it true Blue!!

Hey bro... have no idea what you're talking about but it made me laugh :thanks:

Can't wait to see you make candy. I was eying up those jolly rancher candies she made, too. Yummy stuff!!! :yummy:

Hey Xlr8! You haven't missed anything yet, I decided I didn't want to start at midnight so it's been put off till tonight. Also realized I need cheesecloth or panty hose to strain so I can do multiple runs.... detailed pics and info to follow :peace:

Hi Blue! :ganjamon:

I didn't even mind the 3 pages I read to get caught up! Your journal is always fascinating because there is so much going on. Clones, sog, candy, and who knows what else. One thing for sure, everyone loves it, including me! :party:

Don't trust open wine or vinegar for very long :ganjamon:.

Aloha OMM :party:

I've missed hanging out with you my friend, once we both get our setups stabilized I hope we have time to just chat.

Picked up a very used but recently serviced 10,000 btu window unit for the flower chamber which is also my bedroom/bath so it will be a much more pleasant summer. Guy says it basically a/c'd their whole downstairs last summer so I'll have to see...

Lugged it to the window, put it in place... the ground prong on the connector was kind of chopped off that can't be good? Anyhow I plugged it in and it came on and promptly blew a 15 amp fuse. Yes I still have a fusebox.

So I picked up a 15 amp HD fuse and now it's working but I haven't tried any other lights on that circuit... would love to hear from my electrician friends, that sawed off ground worries me, I flat out missed it when I bought the thing. Actually traded for it, I got rid of something my sister gave me last fall that's just been taking up a bunch of space in my garage.

Chopped the 3 bubs this morning - 50, 55 & 57 grams untrimmed and wet. Since I defoliated there's not that much to trim but still, I'll be happy to end up with 30 dry grams.

Gotta run some errands then home for dinner and some candy making :cheer:

Take care my friend, talk to you more soon I hope... :peace:

Hey bro... have no idea what you're talking about but it made me laugh :thanks:

Hey Xlr8! You haven't missed anything yet, I decided I didn't want to start at midnight so it's been put off till tonight. Also realized I need cheesecloth or panty hose to strain so I can do multiple runs.... detailed pics and info to follow :peace:

Aloha OMM :party:

I've missed hanging out with you my friend, once we both get our setups stabilized I hope we have time to just chat.

Picked up a very used but recently serviced 10,000 btu window unit for the flower chamber which is also my bedroom/bath so it will be a much more pleasant summer. Guy says it basically a/c'd their whole downstairs last summer so I'll have to see...

Lugged it to the window, put it in place... the ground prong on the connector was kind of chopped off that can't be good? Anyhow I plugged it in and it came on and promptly blew a 15 amp fuse. Yes I still have a fusebox.

So I picked up a 15 amp HD fuse and now it's working but I haven't tried any other lights on that circuit... would love to hear from my electrician friends, that sawed off ground worries me, I flat out missed it when I bought the thing. Actually traded for it, I got rid of something my sister gave me last fall that's just been taking up a bunch of space in my garage.

Chopped the 3 bubs this morning - 50, 55 & 57 grams untrimmed and wet. Since I defoliated there's not that much to trim but still, I'll be happy to end up with 30 dry grams.

Gotta run some errands then home for dinner and some candy making :cheer:

Take care my friend, talk to you more soon I hope... :peace:
Replace that plug, brother!! it's easy, it's color coded so you can't go wrong. Need to get that replaced asap. If needed I can walk you thru it once you get the part, but I'm sure you can handle it bro!!

Back
Top Bottom