Hempy - OC+ - CFLs & 3 Good Seeds

re: Hempy - OC+ - CFLs & 3 Good Seeds

Replace that plug, brother!! it's easy, it's color coded so you can't go wrong. Need to get that replaced asap. If needed I can walk you thru it once you get the part, but I'm sure you can handle it bro!!

Hey phil thanks for checking in, I'll definitely need your help.

Here's the plug:

IMAG1605.jpg

IMAG1606.jpg

Bottom pic is blurry but it show 3 screws, the 2 prongs and the chopped down ground. I took out the screws and was hoping it would separate but it won't so I decided to ask your advice. The ground is kind of mangled and may be keeping that upper section from coming off. What say you?

:party: :woohoo:

It may have to be delayed, I'm tired and don't feel like getting out of the recliner lol. Candy may have to wait a day or so... :peace:

go to Ace
get replacement Heavy Duty Appliance plug that matches the prong size of yours
A smart man would, take the old plug off and take it with him....if the smart man and his screwdriver can't figure it out.....he could chop the cord(close to the plug) and take the plug....the helpful hardware man will be happy/thrilled to give you a plug tutorial :):yahoo:

3 wires...1 white, 1 green, one black......black is ground....remove the three screws in the pic....One screw and a metal prong to "wrap" the wire around , for each of the three wires....open it, you'll see what I mean

Chopper I did unscrew them and tried to open it up but it's stuck, almost cut my hands trying to pull it apart. Thing looks like it's about 20 years old. I'll just cut it there's plenty of cord. Ace in the morning, in the meantime I've got it unplugged.

If that thing was a car I'd be scheduling a tune-up. It's noisy. But it works fine and ran all afternoon, hopefully it will run all summer.

It's funny all the different roads that growing takes us down, today was electricity and, for the first time ever in my life, buying panty hose.

I wanted to tell the smirking cashier chick that it was for a cool hash candy recipe but I just stood there and gave her the money. I felt so tawdry like a cross-dresser. I had to come home and play with my mortar and pestle until my manliness was restored :yahoo:

I've missed hanging out with you my friend, once we both get our setups stabilized I hope we have time to just chat.

Picked up a very used but recently serviced 10,000 btu window unit for the flower chamber which is also my bedroom/bath so it will be a much more pleasant summer. Guy says it basically a/c'd their whole downstairs last summer so I'll have to see...

Lugged it to the window, put it in place... the ground prong on the connector was kind of chopped off that can't be good? Anyhow I plugged it in and it came on and promptly blew a 15 amp fuse. Yes I still have a fusebox.

So I picked up a 15 amp HD fuse and now it's working but I haven't tried any other lights on that circuit... would love to hear from my electrician friends, that sawed off ground worries me, I flat out missed it when I bought the thing. Actually traded for it, I got rid of something my sister gave me last fall that's just been taking up a bunch of space in my garage.

Chopped the 3 bubs this morning - 50, 55 & 57 grams untrimmed and wet. Since I defoliated there's not that much to trim but still, I'll be happy to end up with 30 dry grams.

Gotta run some errands then home for dinner and some candy making :cheer:

Take care my friend, talk to you more soon I hope... :peace:

Hi Ya Blue ! :ganjamon:

Buddy I would like that too, it's been too long. :)

Don't worry about the cut off ground plug. The folks probably cut it off because they didn't have proper grounded outlets. I think it was Chopper that said you just cut off the plug and take it to a hardware store and they will show you how to do it.:ganjamon:

Hope your not like me. I spent the last week looking for a certain plug for my lights. Today I spent $70 for all the parts to make what I wanted. When I got home and was sorting through everything, I realized I had two of them already!!!! Duh! Now I can take it all back. Guess I should read the manual more often. :yahoo: Damn Senior moments! :yahoo:

I predict you will have 40 grams after you dry those Bubs you harvested. :cheer: Can't wait for the smoke report. :yummy:

If all goes well this weekend, I should have the new journal up by Tuesday.

Don't worry about the candy....just kick back tonight and have a good toke or two! :ganjamon:

Chopper I did unscrew them and tried to open it up but it's stuck, almost cut my hands trying to pull it apart. Thing looks like it's about 20 years old. I'll just cut it there's plenty of cord. Ace in the morning, in the meantime I've got it unplugged.

If that thing was a car I'd be scheduling a tune-up. It's noisy. But it works fine and ran all afternoon, hopefully it will run all summer.

It's funny all the different roads that growing takes us down, today was electricity and, for the first time ever in my life, buying panty hose.

I wanted to tell the smirking cashier chick that it was for a cool hash candy recipe but I just stood there and gave her the money. I felt so tawdry like a cross-dresser. I had to come home and play with my mortar and pestle until my manliness was restored :yahoo:

Hey Blue.:ganjamon:
My old AC rattles and wheezes too, with 10,000 BTUs your going to freeze! :yahoo:

I want a mortar and pestle too. Will grind up all the junk left overs from my vape and make some PP&J sandwiches. :bong:

Poor Blue lol sorry to hear that man I know what you mean when you have to purchase a female product an it feels so akward an when the lady at the cash register gives you that look you feel like saying something haha good stuff man glad to hear you got the ac unit cant wait to see the results bro good work...

don't worry, bro. the black wire goes to the screw on the new plug that will be color coded either coppor or black. The white wire will go to the silver or chrome colored screw, and the green wire will go under the - you guessed it - the green colored screw!! Easy as hell, bro, just make sure you put the parts in the right order, so you get the grips to hold on the cable (holds the plug on the wire) Any problems just post a pic, I can walk you thru anything.

Hey Blue, congrats on the chop, the AC, the new toys and overcoming your Man-fear of buying hosiery :rofl:.

I have bought tampons three times in twelve years with my wife :). Every time I did I had to throw something manly In the cart and look for the male cashier if available... as he's the only one who knows how you feel. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I love this thread!

Hi Blue! :ganjamon:

Don't trust open wine or vinegar for very long :ganjamon:.

Or cheap hookers with adams apples... Not sure that makes sense, but then, I'm pretty freaking blazed. :roorrip:

Hi Blue! Congrats on the harvest - and good luck with that damned plug!

I was using my mom's tampon cardboard tubes to make hash pipes, before I even knew what the hell a tampon was.
Right where it says you can swim, ride horses, play volleyball etc....they should add...."And the applicator makes a dandy, carburated, one hitter"
:bongrip::bongrip::):):):)

I was using my mom's tampon cardboard tubes to make hash pipes, before I even knew what the hell a tampon was.
Right where it says you can swim, ride horses, play volleyball etc....they should add...."And the applicator makes a dandy, carburated, one hitter"

Hahahhahahaha! That was freaking hilarious!!! :rofl:

Clerk at store:"May I help you"?

Blue "Yes, I would like a mortar and pestle, a grounded plug and a pair of pantyhose".

If that doesn't sound like a party I dont what does.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hi Ya Blue ! :ganjamon:

Buddy I would like that too, it's been too long. :)

Don't worry about the cut off ground plug. The folks probably cut it off because they didn't have proper grounded outlets. I think it was Chopper that said you just cut off the plug and take it to a hardware store and they will show you how to do it.:ganjamon:

Hope your not like me. I spent the last week looking for a certain plug for my lights. Today I spent $70 for all the parts to make what I wanted. When I got home and was sorting through everything, I realized I had two of them already!!!! Duh! Now I can take it all back. Guess I should read the manual more often. :yahoo: Damn Senior moments! :yahoo:

I predict you will have 40 grams after you dry those Bubs you harvested. :cheer: Can't wait for the smoke report. :yummy:

If all goes well this weekend, I should have the new journal up by Tuesday.

Don't worry about the candy....just kick back tonight and have a good toke or two! :ganjamon:

Hey Blue.:ganjamon:
My old AC rattles and wheezes too, with 10,000 BTUs your going to freeze! :yahoo:

I want a mortar and pestle too. Will grind up all the junk left overs from my vape and make some PP&J sandwiches. :bong:

Morning OMM! I'm just like you, I'm always buying shit I already have, usually I can't find it until right after I buy the replacement.

Hope you're right about the bubs, I gave them a tighter trim this morning and now they just have to dry... nice tight buds and the smell is awesome and the stickiness is everything you'd want... not a lot for now but more are hopefully on the way :cheer:

Every man should have a mortar & pestle! That thing is solid :woohoo:

Take care, don't rush and looking forward to your new journal and adventures in the Matterhorn!

Poor Blue lol sorry to hear that man I know what you mean when you have to purchase a female product an it feels so akward an when the lady at the cash register gives you that look you feel like saying something haha good stuff man glad to hear you got the ac unit cant wait to see the results bro good work...

Morning Crower! I still feel dirty lol... I got a 4 pack I hope that last me for years :)

don't worry, bro. the black wire goes to the screw on the new plug that will be color coded either coppor or black. The white wire will go to the silver or chrome colored screw, and the green wire will go under the - you guessed it - the green colored screw!! Easy as hell, bro, just make sure you put the parts in the right order, so you get the grips to hold on the cable (holds the plug on the wire) Any problems just post a pic, I can walk you thru anything.

Phil you're a treasure thank you! I'll stop by Ace on my way to work in a bit, and then I'm sure I'll have more problems for you... thanks my friend :peace:

Hey Blue, congrats on the chop, the AC, the new toys and overcoming your Man-fear of buying hosiery :rofl:.

I have bought tampons three times in twelve years with my wife :). Every time I did I had to throw something manly In the cart and look for the male cashier if available... as he's the only one who knows how you feel. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I love this thread!

Haha you guys crack me up, thanks bro!

Or cheap hookers with adams apples... Not sure that makes sense, but then, I'm pretty freaking blazed. :roorrip:

Hi Blue! Congrats on the harvest - and good luck with that damned plug!

Makes perfect sense to me Xlr8! That plug doesn't stand a chance before my mechanical masterfullness lol... I'll probably electrocute myself but I'll get it working :roorrip:

LOL Chopper! We need a thread on useful female products.... wait on second thought no we don't :yahoo:

Hahahhahahaha! That was freaking hilarious!!! :rofl:

Clerk at store:"May I help you"?

Blue "Yes, I would like a mortar and pestle, a grounded plug and a pair of pantyhose".

If that doesn't sound like a party I dont what does.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

LOLOL! Thanks guys I needed a good laugh this morning!

That's because nothing else went all that well of course. The bottoms of all the clones stems are totally scuzzy again. Changed the res, gave them an h2o2 soak, cut off the rotted tips and put them back in ph'd tap water.... no rainwater, nutes, cloning gels or anything from here on out I think I'm causing a lot of my own problems. Since my bub mom is going crazy I took 4 new cuttings to keep her low and tossed them in there as well.

The good news is that the ag clones are all starting to show nice roots now so they'll be ready in a week or so.

Now for my candy making venture....

I forgot one ingredient, soy lecithin... all I could find were capsules.

IMAG1607.jpg

She recommends using it in powder form, turns out the capsules are full of a thick liquid so that was a total pain to extract.

Here's about 10 grams of trim

IMAG1608.jpg

My old coffee grinder which is now a dedicated herb grinder... I didn't chop it too fine because I figure I'll need to strain it.

IMAG1609.jpg

Here's the herb, citric acid powder and lecithin extract all ground together in my awesome mortar & pestle :party:

IMAG1610.jpg

I then added 3 tbsp of vinegar and mixed it up but it was still quite dry, so I kept adding more until I got a somewhat liquid mix... added some more citric acid and soy also. When I was happy with it I put it in the pyrex dish.

IMAG1611.jpg

Then I wrapped it in foil and cooked it for 10 mins at 180.

Finished product?

IMAG1613.jpg

Hope not, it doesn't look anything like what BadKitty made. It basically looks like wet trim. I mixed in some more citric acid and I'm going to let it sit for a few days and see if it doesn't break down lots more and become more of an oil... if I strained this now there'd be almost nothing remaining.

One of my next purchases is going to be bubble bags, I think these recipes will work way better that way and raking trim on a silk screen is just too tedious for me. Any suggestions on bags to buy would be much appreciated!

Have a great day everyone, I'll be working :(

Blue my man you got some cool things going on! Congrats on the AC unit, 10,000 btu is more than sufficient bro. The one I use in my master bedroom is 8,000 and it cools that room, plus other parts of the upstairs with ease.
Guess you know by now that the plug issue is pretty simple, you've already got more help than you need with that so I wont chime in! If all of us were in the same place and all trying to help fix that plug it would be hilarious!! Like 6 monkeys trying to f!@# a football!!:rofl: But thats whats so nice about this place, you need help, you get it. Simple as that. But if you could do me a favor, and never talk about how after buying panty hose, you went home and played with your "mortar n pestol" again...That would be great!!:rofl::rofl:

Now for my candy making venture....

I forgot one ingredient, soy lecithin... all I could find were capsules.

IMAG1607.jpg

She recommends using it in powder form, turns out the capsules are full of a thick liquid so that was a total pain to extract.

Here's about 10 grams of trim

IMAG1608.jpg

My old coffee grinder which is now a dedicated herb grinder... I didn't chop it too fine because I figure I'll need to strain it.

IMAG1609.jpg

Here's the herb, citric acid powder and lecithin extract all ground together in my awesome mortar & pestle :party:

IMAG1610.jpg

I then added 3 tbsp of vinegar and mixed it up but it was still quite dry, so I kept adding more until I got a somewhat liquid mix... added some more citric acid and soy also. When I was happy with it I put it in the pyrex dish.

IMAG1611.jpg

Then I wrapped it in foil and cooked it for 10 mins at 180.

Finished product?

IMAG1613.jpg

Hope not, it doesn't look anything like what BadKitty made. It basically looks like wet trim. I mixed in some more citric acid and I'm going to let it sit for a few days and see if it doesn't break down lots more and become more of an oil... if I strained this now there'd be almost nothing remaining.

One of my next purchases is going to be bubble bags, I think these recipes will work way better that way and raking trim on a silk screen is just too tedious for me. Any suggestions on bags to buy would be much appreciated!

Have a great day everyone, I'll be working :(

OK Betty Cracker,
but when we meet, I'm cooking.
I am not hanging with that Jolly Rancher you got going...you try it first...nuh unh...YOU try it first....nuh unh...."HEY MIKEY!!!.....":yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Hey Mmmmick thank you my friend! I hope it does too, but I had scuz in there again last night. Changed the res, scrubbed with bleach, I even took wetted paper towels and gently wiped down the stems. Don't think it was algae but the scuz that the pondzyme creates. I've given that shit enough chances now, it might work great in ponds but it sucks for what I need it for.

Big thumbs down for pondzyme... it now joins the cheapo light mover and DIY ballast kit as lessons learned. One of these days I'll get some hygrozyme but I think I'll visit petsmart again first.

No sign of scuz today so I gave them a light shot of the clonex and superthrive... fingers crossed. This is day 3 and they all still look fine.

Glad you liked the recipes... I don't think I'll be making hash infused chicken anytime soon but that candy.... I hope to make some soon if I can find any citric acid.

:peace:

Pondzyme scuz doesn't sound very nice. You need a load of black pingpong balls or something of that nature to cover the open water surface, maybe keep enough light out to solve the problem.

So pondzyme goes on the avoid list. Good to know what to stay clear off.

I'm more into the single serving type goodies but it doesn't hurt to have a few recipies on hand. Edibles aren't very popular among my friends. Effects last too long if going anywhere and the local LEO have testers in their cars these days.

Testers in their cars? What kind of testers? Interesting! My idiot buddy and I were leaving from Tulare off work, headed to porterville. An SUV was behind us, we were taking bong hits and my buddy kept handing me the bong in plain sight, even after I told him to keep it "low". about half way there, a marked hiway patrol car coming the other way flipped around the suv hit it's lights and we got pulled over by the California Highway Patrol. The guy following us wanted me to go to jail bad, I had been driving with my knee and was weaving a little. The other guy kept asking "why are we here?" the whole time like he was pissed off at the stop. They proceeded to take me thru about 4 steps of a "dui" stop which I passed with flying colors. The one guy kept saying "just wait 30 minutes and he'll be wasted" but 30 minutes came and went, didn't happen. I kept calm and respectful, said I was sorry and would leave my bong in the back of the truck from now on. I think it pissed him off even more because he didn't get to keep all my weed! (an ounce in 8 different baggies, all different kinds of weed to sample). Last time I let my buddy smoke in my truck!!!!

Back
Top Bottom