Hempy - OC+ - CFLs & 3 Good Seeds

re: Hempy - OC+ - CFLs & 3 Good Seeds

Could this be the early on set of "Cookers Creep" for Blue?
Stay tuned grow fans.........

Morning Inda! Cookers Creep lol! Since I cook very rarely I don't have many supplies so unfortunately you're probably right... on the other hand I'm a toker at heart so I think I'll make candy and maybe some cookies or brownies but I won't be making 5 course hash dinners lol

Bubble bags should go into the Grow Creep category imo... what self respecting grower doesn't want to make hash???

:peace:

Blue, did you use teaspoons or tablespoons for you vinegar?

I used tablespoons bro... then I just started pouring it in slowly and mixing it, probably about 5-7 tbsps. This morning it looked about the same so I put it in the freezer, she says the freezing/thawing cycle helps break down the plant matter.

This is a good edibles lesson for me, to start with small amounts. Luckily I did this time.

Honestly unless this stuff improves a lot I'll strain out what oil I can as a base for the next try and pitch the rest... I wouldn't even want to smoke much less eat that stuff right now the way it looks.

I'm wondering about a couple of things. First is that citric acid any good, I don't know how long it lasts in that form or if it degrades etc. It could have been sitting on that shelf for years for all I know.

I ordered a pound on-line that should get here next week.

Secondly since I'm using so much plant matter are my dosages correct? Maybe I should be using way more but I think I'm on the high side already. I'll keep fooling with it for a while and see what happens. :tokin:

Blue my man you got some cool things going on! Congrats on the AC unit, 10,000 btu is more than sufficient bro. The one I use in my master bedroom is 8,000 and it cools that room, plus other parts of the upstairs with ease.
Guess you know by now that the plug issue is pretty simple, you've already got more help than you need with that so I wont chime in! If all of us were in the same place and all trying to help fix that plug it would be hilarious!! Like 6 monkeys trying to f!@# a football!!:rofl: But thats whats so nice about this place, you need help, you get it. Simple as that. But if you could do me a favor, and never talk about how after buying panty hose, you went home and played with your "mortar n pestol" again...That would be great!!:rofl::rofl:

LOL morning Q!

That a/c unit is working fine so far :wood:

The plug surgery will commence shortly.

Sorry but I'll never stop talking about my mortar & pestle, it completes me :cheer:

OK Betty Cracker,
but when we meet, I'm cooking.
I am not hanging with that Jolly Rancher you got going...you try it first...nuh unh...YOU try it first....nuh unh...."HEY MIKEY!!!.....":yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Morning Chopper! Not sure we could even get Mikey to try this stuff, it looks like some kind of really soggy spinach vinagrette salad. Sure doesn't look like anything I'd care to find in my candy :yahoo:

Pondzyme scuz doesn't sound very nice. You need a load of black pingpong balls or something of that nature to cover the open water surface, maybe keep enough light out to solve the problem.

So pondzyme goes on the avoid list. Good to know what to stay clear off.

I'm more into the single serving type goodies but it doesn't hurt to have a few recipies on hand. Edibles aren't very popular among my friends. Effects last too long if going anywhere and the local LEO have testers in their cars these days.

Hey Mmmmick! I have a cover for the cloner so I hope my algae problems are over, and without pondzyme hopefully the rest of the scuz issues will go away. The lower stems that were covered with the scuz all got rotten and I cut them off. If the rot continues I'll just pull them. It probably doesn't seem like it but I do feel like I'm making slow progress working the kinks out.

Your LEO have portable thc testers? I'm thinking that something like candy would be the safest way to travel with meds, especially if they don't have any weed smell. What do you think?

Testers in their cars? What kind of testers? Interesting! My idiot buddy and I were leaving from Tulare off work, headed to porterville. An SUV was behind us, we were taking bong hits and my buddy kept handing me the bong in plain sight, even after I told him to keep it "low". about half way there, a marked hiway patrol car coming the other way flipped around the suv hit it's lights and we got pulled over by the California Highway Patrol. The guy following us wanted me to go to jail bad, I had been driving with my knee and was weaving a little. The other guy kept asking "why are we here?" the whole time like he was pissed off at the stop. They proceeded to take me thru about 4 steps of a "dui" stop which I passed with flying colors. The one guy kept saying "just wait 30 minutes and he'll be wasted" but 30 minutes came and went, didn't happen. I kept calm and respectful, said I was sorry and would leave my bong in the back of the truck from now on. I think it pissed him off even more because he didn't get to keep all my weed! (an ounce in 8 different baggies, all different kinds of weed to sample). Last time I let my buddy smoke in my truck!!!!

Hey Phil! Did the SUV behind you call the cops? Guy sounds like a complete dick.

Did anything get seized? I'm guessing that you denied smoking and said you just had the bong in the car with you? Around here you'd be going to jail no questions asked, probably lead story on the 6pm news lol.

:peace:

don't worry, bro. the black wire goes to the screw on the new plug that will be color coded either coppor or black. The white wire will go to the silver or chrome colored screw, and the green wire will go under the - you guessed it - the green colored screw!! Easy as hell, bro, just make sure you put the parts in the right order, so you get the grips to hold on the cable (holds the plug on the wire) Any problems just post a pic, I can walk you thru anything.

Hey Phil naturally I'm having problems. First off I bought a 125v 15A plug is that right? I could have bought a 240v 15A.

Secondly here's a picture of the wire, I got the old plug off... all I see is 2 white and one green.

IMAG1624.jpg

And here's the new plug

IMAG1625.jpg

It's got a blue/green screw at the ground, and copper and silver colored screws like you said. I think if I can figure out which of the 2 white wires is actually the black one I'll be all set, thanks for your help!

OMG, that was the funny part, the guy in the suv was UNDERCOVER CHP!!! Whoops!!! And the funnier part was his face handing me my backpack, a Jansport USA flag with a couple of vacuum containers full of eights of weed, 3 prescriptions for morphine, norco and valium, (I had just taken my meds, then left town, was feeling relaxed when I got pulled over one cop had a bald head, when I took my sunglasses off (of course!) i started laughing saying the test was biased because I was blinded by the glare off the car right behind him and his head - he was laughing about it too, let me move where at least the car wasnt glaring. They had to give everything back, there was no way to prove that I was "intoxicated" even IF the guy witnessed us smoking it, didn't matter, they had to let me go AND give everything back, too. CHP mandate I found out later, unless I am outrageous with amounts, etc., they leave you alone, supposedly. I admitted to smoking, said I was sorry and would leave it in the back of the car. One cop was yelling at my buddy saying I was going down, it was funny if I hadn't been worried my buddy was going to get in trouble. I was the only one with a script AND he didn't have his drivers license on him either. Then again, it was his fault we got pulled over! The car acted like it was going to pass at first, then slowed down and settled in behind me. I should have known, but we were conversating about work and what we were smoking at the time, bananakush and grandaddy purple with some bk hash on top!

regarding your plug, the 120v one is correct, if it was 240 then one of the slots on the old plug would be sideways (one verticle, one horizontal). I just went back and looked at the other pic you have the right one. The wire should have ribs on one side and be smooth on the other edge, where the two (white) wires are. the white you see is the outer jacket, if you carefully took a razor knife and stripped that back just a little from each wire you will be able to see which is which. If not, the ribs will designate power and the smooth will be neutral, could be the opposite - any way to look inside where it is terminated to make sure? I would try to strip the ends a little, cut the wire off even so it makes a nice neat clean connection with no wire extending past the connector, only insulation.

Good Morning Blue.
With all the stuff you got going on I dont know when you have time to work. Glad to hear you are making progress with your cloner, even if its goin slow.
Getting pulled over while doing bong hits? Yeah that would definitely be a trip to jail here.

All the offerings from Emerald Triangle have now surpassed the one foot mark (super Sour OG, Emerald Jack and Grapefruit Krush). The Quasar and the Syrup from Buddha seeds are both well past the 1ft mark. White Dwarf has been pushing hairs for over a week and sits at about 11in and holding (?!) Well...it does say Dwarf in the name Syrup is supposed to be an auto fem and very fast...but...it's a dead ringer for the Emerald Jack (Herrererererrer) and shows no signs of flower. Who knows? I've never done autos before
I must say, all were "U.F.O.s" from *The Attitude* and each is more robust than the next. The S/S O.G., G. Krush, and Jack are each very beautiful plants....very unique and especially "happy" plants. They positively radiate health and vitality. I've yet to smoke any thing from this company, and still I'm already ready to start singing their praises. These 6 freebies are some of the nicest plants I've seen. This next order is almost all E.T. with a couple Subcool's for good measure......I'm actually excited about this grow...I can't wait to get the Cali Wildfire started.....Jodie at Attitude says it is the very best product E.T. offers...personal favorite anyway. "Wheelchair Weed" was the term being tossed around :)
:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:
:morenutes:

OMG, that was the funny part, the guy in the suv was UNDERCOVER CHP!!! Whoops!!! And the funnier part was his face handing me my backpack, a Jansport USA flag with a couple of vacuum containers full of eights of weed, 3 prescriptions for morphine, norco and valium, (I had just taken my meds, then left town, was feeling relaxed when I got pulled over one cop had a bald head, when I took my sunglasses off (of course!) i started laughing saying the test was biased because I was blinded by the glare off the car right behind him and his head - he was laughing about it too, let me move where at least the car wasnt glaring. They had to give everything back, there was no way to prove that I was "intoxicated" even IF the guy witnessed us smoking it, didn't matter, they had to let me go AND give everything back, too. CHP mandate I found out later, unless I am outrageous with amounts, etc., they leave you alone, supposedly. I admitted to smoking, said I was sorry and would leave it in the back of the car. One cop was yelling at my buddy saying I was going down, it was funny if I hadn't been worried my buddy was going to get in trouble. I was the only one with a script AND he didn't have his drivers license on him either. Then again, it was his fault we got pulled over! The car acted like it was going to pass at first, then slowed down and settled in behind me. I should have known, but we were conversating about work and what we were smoking at the time, bananakush and grandaddy purple with some bk hash on top!

That's crazy Phil you are one lucky guy... if not for the cost of living I'd be moving out to Cali.

regarding your plug, the 120v one is correct, if it was 240 then one of the slots on the old plug would be sideways (one verticle, one horizontal). I just went back and looked at the other pic you have the right one. The wire should have ribs on one side and be smooth on the other edge, where the two (white) wires are. the white you see is the outer jacket, if you carefully took a razor knife and stripped that back just a little from each wire you will be able to see which is which. If not, the ribs will designate power and the smooth will be neutral, could be the opposite - any way to look inside where it is terminated to make sure? I would try to strip the ends a little, cut the wire off even so it makes a nice neat clean connection with no wire extending past the connector, only insulation.

I had a feeling this would be a pain in the ass. I stripped the insulation back a bit but didn't see any inner jacket. There are ridges on one side, how sure are you that that's the hot wire? What happens if I do it backwards?

Looking at the old plug from the rear with the ground on top it's got the blueish screw over the ground, a bronze screw on the left and what looks to be a black screw but it could be dark from tarnish on the right. It looks like the smooth side was going to the 'black' screw on the right. I'm totally confused at this point and it's getting hot here already. What do you think I should do? Thanks my friend :peace:

Good Morning Blue.
With all the stuff you got going on I dont know when you have time to work. Glad to hear you are making progress with your cloner, even if its goin slow.
Getting pulled over while doing bong hits? Yeah that would definitely be a trip to jail here.

Morning Inda! No rest for the wicked as they say :yahoo:

Aloha Blue. :)

See you have plenty of help with the plug.

Want I really wanted to say is, I am glad I am now talking to "The Complete Blue !". :high-five:

Indajag is a riot! :cheer:

Haha morning OMM!

My mortar & pestle and me are like Dr. Evil and Mini-me :cheer:

Inda's great but he's unwisely trying to follow in my footsteps with the cloning thing lol. Hopefully I'm up to about a 3% survival rate by then :goof::goof::goof:

Hay Blue Dog, if you can't open the case and follow the cord wires till they hit a black or white one, just hook it up in the same orientation as the old plug.

Check that wall outlet and plug end every so often while the unit is cranking. If either feel hot temp wise, the wire for that circuit may be undersized.

Can you post a clear pic of the ac unit's name plate w/ specs?

Looks like we're going over 90° all of next week... the fun has begun :)

Hay Blue Dog, if you can't open the case and follow the cord wires till they hit a black or white one, just hook it up in the same orientation as the old plug.

Check that wall outlet and plug end every so often while the unit is cranking. If either feel hot temp wise, the wire for that circuit may be undersized.

Can you post a clear pic of the ac unit's name plate w/ specs?

Looks like we're going over 90° all of next week... the fun has begun :)

Hay Horse the fun is indeed beginning.

I was thinking the same thing about wiring it just like the other one was, what will happen if I cross the 2 wires though?

Here's the pic of the plate it came out surprisingly clearly

IMAG1631.jpg

Thanks my friend!

Shouldn't hurt a thing. It sounds like the smooth is the hot, i'd go with that and just check the outlet after a while. If it's not hot after a while you are okay. I think it will be fine, anyway. Electricity, ac that is, runs in one side and out the other, so to speak, so I really don't think it will mind too much. It does mind if you switched the hot and ground, however!!

Thats what I figured the smooth is hot, ribbed is neutral. I always forget that, guess it comes from being an INDUSTRIAL electrician versus home/commercial. We run pipes and pull in seperate wires, not romex and crap like that. LOL!

Hay Horse the fun is indeed beginning.

I was thinking the same thing about wiring it just like the other one was, what will happen if I cross the 2 wires though?

After the smoke stops coming out of your butt, it ought to be okay :)

Naaah, it could reverse polarity, which may or may not mean a whit. The outlet could be wired oppositely, too. Usually it's not a problem;)

Here's the pic of the plate it came out surprisingly clearly

IMAG1631.jpg

Thanks my friend!

I thought the plate may give the maximum breaker size, but I don't see it... doesn't mean it isn't there, though :) It's better NOT to have an oversized breaker, and IIRC you have a 25A glass fuse? If nothing else is on that circuit, a 15A might be enough, but 20A is probably more likely to be what you need.

I don't recommend it, but I have run window units on a lot worse wiring scenarios, just be aware... brown outs, low lighting levels when the unit kicks on, hot recepticle/plugs/wires mean there could be a situation :)

Thanks again both of you! Phil how long do you mean when you say 'after a while' ? It will have only been running for an hour when I have to leave for work.

It's pretty much by itself on a 15A fuse, the first one blew out but this one's been fine it's HD. I was surprised to see it pulls over 1000W. Take care!

Thanks again both of you! Phil how long do you mean when you say 'after a while' ? It will have only been running for an hour when I have to leave for work.

It's pretty much by itself on a 15A fuse,

except for this hair dryer, and maybe this space heater, and oh yeah that little hot plate... it's real small, though!

the first one blew out but this one's been fine it's HD. I was surprised to see it pulls over 1000W. Take care!

Sounds like you're ok... :thumb: Starting up is when it probably will pull the most juice.

Testers in their cars? What kind of testers? Interesting! My idiot buddy and I were leaving from Tulare off work, headed to porterville. An SUV was behind us, we were taking bong hits and my buddy kept handing me the bong in plain sight, even after I told him to keep it "low". about half way there, a marked hiway patrol car coming the other way flipped around the suv hit it's lights and we got pulled over by the California Highway Patrol. The guy following us wanted me to go to jail bad, I had been driving with my knee and was weaving a little. The other guy kept asking "why are we here?" the whole time like he was pissed off at the stop. They proceeded to take me thru about 4 steps of a "dui" stop which I passed with flying colors. The one guy kept saying "just wait 30 minutes and he'll be wasted" but 30 minutes came and went, didn't happen. I kept calm and respectful, said I was sorry and would leave my bong in the back of the truck from now on. I think it pissed him off even more because he didn't get to keep all my weed! (an ounce in 8 different baggies, all different kinds of weed to sample). Last time I let my buddy smoke in my truck!!!!

Hey Phil, from what I've heard they have a device like a breathalyzer that measures THC. I expect it'll end up in the Supreme Court because I don't see how they could possible get an accurate reading given the number of active compounds found in our favorite plant. Nor have there been any tests to determine at what thc level driving is affected.
Your incident with the CHP would have been enough to warrant blood tests in my province. Once they have reason to suspect, they have the right to demand bloodwork. Canada is becoming a Nazi state under Harper. I don't drive at all when using, they're gonna have to work to get me, lol.

Hey Mmmmick! I have a cover for the cloner so I hope my algae problems are over, and without pondzyme hopefully the rest of the scuz issues will go away. The lower stems that were covered with the scuz all got rotten and I cut them off. If the rot continues I'll just pull them. It probably doesn't seem like it but I do feel like I'm making slow progress working the kinks out.

Your LEO have portable thc testers? I'm thinking that something like candy would be the safest way to travel with meds, especially if they don't have any weed smell. What do you think?

I wasn't sure if you were still using the pool/floaty cup cloner also. There might be enough light getting through those white cups to have some effect but probably not. Do you have to destroy the cups to get the rooted clones out? I used a packing foam, blacked out with indelible marker, for discs that ride in 2" netpots with the bottoms cut off. They're permanent and block any light from entering the cloner. The foam isn't styrofoam but a more rugged slippery plastic that can be manipulated without damage, to slide clones in and out of a slot cut halfway through the disc. It's a more permanent solution if you can find the right foam. Mine came with the leds.

You're getting things tweaked nicely Blue. You'll never anticipate all the issues so just deal with them as they surface and you'll have things humming smoothly in no time.:thumb:

Yeah they get to pick which device you to blow into. The hard candies might not make any difference because it's the thc in the bloodstream that's measured when you blow, just like the breathalyzer. Doesn't matter how it was ingested. Of course they won't smell anything to arouse suspicion if you are eating candy instead of smoking so that possibility is at least removed.
There's no question that you would be safer carrying a bag of candy than a bag of weed, lol.

It's pretty much by itself on a 15A fuse, the first one blew out but this one's been fine it's HD. I was surprised to see it pulls over 1000W. Take care!

you've got 9.5 amp draw on a 15 amp fuse so you should be fine except, possibly, for the startup current draw. Check with your hardware store for a "SloBlo" fuse. "SloBlo" will have the same 15 amp rating but they are built to survive the initial heavy draw of a compressor motor starting up.

I guess the HD fuse is probably the same as "SloBlo". I kinda skated right past that without absorbing what you said, sorry. Was thinking HD meant Home Depot, not Heavy Duty.

Back
Top Bottom