Hempy question about improving taste - Soiless Medium

Thread starter #1
Hey, guys. Sorry in advance if this is the wrong forum section. I tried finding a subcategory for HEMPY but found nothing and this is as close as I could get to it.

So i'm starting a SOG with a variety of experiments - I have some starting in 1 gallon pots with soil, coco, and hydroton pebbles, I have 4 hempy/coco 2-liters, and I have some in 100% soil and 100% coco. I understand how much time this might consume and I'm up for it. I simply want to learn what works best and why.

My question is in regard to the Hempy/coco plants. I understand that there aren't microbes and such when growing in 80% perlite and that the buds usually are less tasty. Is there something I can add to the nutrient mix to give the girls what they need to taste better?
If I end up liking the hempy style best I'd love to know that I'm getting the best flavor possible in order to decide whether or not it will be worth it.

- Zack
Thread starter #3
There are also 3 more of the same strain that's in the 2-liters growing in coco solo cups. They are about the same size as the ones in 2-liters.