Hempy Solo Cup Germination

You’ll need:
  • perlite (I prefer coarse)
  • strainer you’re rinse perlite
  • water for diluted nutrients
  • 2 Solo cups (I like the 16 oz size)
  • lid for Solo cup
  • drip saucer to place under cup

I use a leather awl to poke the hole and then cut a circle with scissors. You can also burn a hole, but that wasn’t an option for me.

I have disposable pipette a for filling capsules. They come in handy here too.

I keep a glass of clean water to rinse the pipette, emptying right down the drain each time so I don’t pollute the rinse water

On Felipe’s advice, drop that seed pointed end up to help the emerging seedling shake off the cap. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Leave the heating pad on 24 hours a day until you have a sprout.

Autos get transplanted the day they lift their heads from the perlite. Photos are left to grow past the outer edges of the cup before transplanting, our next tutorial.

On Felipe’s advice, drop that seed pointed end up to help the emerging seedling shake off the cap. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Nicely done. Have a toke Sue.
:passitleft:

And I’ve found that if you position the seed with the pointy end up, and about 3/8-1/2” deep, the sprout should be able to shed the seed shell as it emerges, thus eliminating the dreaded helmet head.

93181E6A-16C7-43BF-AE61-3E0B092849F1.jpeg

And if you position the seed with the pointy end up, and about 3/8-1/2” deep, the sprout should be able to scuff off the seed shell as it emerges, thus eliminating the dreaded helmet head.

Thanks Felipe.

I edited the post to reflect your suggestion

quick tip :

for quick clean holes in a hempy cup - heat a nail head up with small torch or strong lighter - should only take a few seconds. place the heated nail head on the spot you want the hole - it will melt through in a millisecond leaving a fairly clean, easy to make hole, with no cutting or poking of stuff.

And I’ve found that if you position the seed with the pointy end up, and about 3/8-1/2” deep, the sprout should be able to shed the seed shell as it emerges, thus eliminating the dreaded helmet head.

93181E6A-16C7-43BF-AE61-3E0B092849F1.jpeg

sigh - never worked for me ..

and i'm pissy about it lol :laughtwo:

nothing to do with your picture perfect starts blu -- :)

sigh - never worked for me ..

and i'm pissy about it lol :laughtwo:

nothing to do with your picture perfect starts blu -- :)

Why do you think that is bluter? I don’t have the mat in this tutorial. I may amend real quick to add that in. I still have time.

Why do you think that is bluter? I don’t have the mat in this tutorial. I may amend real quick to add that in. I still have time.

i germ ahead. usually paper towel method between plates on a shelf over my stereo amp.

saw my cousin messing around with something in my uncle's basement in the 70's. i was trolling through his kiss records. i got an eye opening tutorial. and maybe a life changing direction. :love:

anyway, that's what he was doing and i've done it similar since. ... :p

I’ve edited the op for clarity on the seed (moved that reference to below the picture of the seed) and added in the seeding heat mat and a timer. The first thing I did this morning was to realize I hadn’t turned that light on. :straightface:

Starting up! How long should I leave the lights on?? Thinking 12 hrs until they pop then switch to 18? Water every 2 or 3 days?

I’d go straight to 18/6 tommyboi. Until they pop you don’t water at all. Until they outgrow this cup I don’t water any closer than every 4 days.

Once I transplant I usually stick to the every-other-day schedule so I don’t forget.

Now are you going to kill the wee poor tot, lol? Or does this quietly announce your return to the cannabis cultivation world?

I’m going to kill it TS. *sigh* I’ll grow it only as long as it takes to document a transplant for HashGirl.

It’s too risky to grow here. :straightface:

It’s too risky to grow here. /QUOTE]

That'sa shame, but I understand. Friend of mind has to worry about monthly random inspections, plus half the tenants are mental and all of them are welfare people, so there's a bunch of "neighbor' break-ins. I guess people like that are too stupid/lazy not to sh!t where they eat (lol). He's only grown three times there, I think, and e each time says it'll p probably bee hot last. Apartment living must really stuck.

Back
Top Bottom