Henman's Soil Sour Diesel Grow Journal 2013

dude a 4 pack of bulbs is like $10 and so worth it. you can sell a dime and get that $10 back in no time.

you get a light bulb socket and then stick it in a power strip and call it a wrap

dude a 4 pack of bulbs is like $10 and so worth it. you can sell a dime and get that $10 back in no time.

you get a light bulb socket and then stick it in a power strip and call it a wrap

I know it's relatively cheap to buy. But I only have about $90/£56 left and NO form of income. At all. And I won't likely have in the foreseeable future. So it gets kind of expensive with $10 for bulbs, equipment and the electricity bill.

6500 you need more red like @2200, a soft white cfl and clamp light is cheap.
It'll speed up the end of flowering and make for denser buds. I got 20
at a dollar store and made a rack of them.

Thanks for the input, but I know this already. The only reason I'm flowering with this is as stated above, I'm absolutely, positively broke :p

Hi Henman:ciao:
More light always helps, but I'm rather fascinated watching what you are doing with one bulb, and seeing how much you get from her.
Have a great weekend!:peace:

Hi Henman:ciao:
More light always helps, but I'm rather fascinated watching what you are doing with one bulb, and seeing how much you get from her.
Have a great weekend!:peace:
I'd love to give my girl a bathing of photons if I could, but alas. Thank you, I guess the best to do is to see the grow as an experiment in how well they thrive under limited lighting conditions! :)
Likewise, my friend :peace:

Have some reps b.real, above and beyond.

You're doing a top frikken job with what you've got available to you henman, and I really hope it turns around for you soon in other areas.

Couldn't agree more, breal is an honorable man. Salutes to his glory!

And many thanks to you too nerf! And all the people at :420: who're keeping my spirit up! Been looking for work everywhere, thrown all dignity out the window. Hopefully the statistics are in my favor and I can find at least one shitty job at least :)

--

Ok, so it's now day The Answer to Life, the Universe and Everything since flip. Or should I be counting since first sign of sex? To the Googletron!
She's swelling like never before and starting to join up into nice, albeit small, colas.

Not to mention the Glorious Crystals

I wanted to show everyone this image in particular, because I find it a very good example, or at least so I think, how weak CFLs can be, or at least in this setup. Or does it have to do with reflection, maybe even light penetration? Anyways, look how unevenly these top colas grow, with the light quite clearly coming from the right :)

I also found this weird necrotic/moldy spot on the tip of a middle-aged leaf. Unsure wether it's nutrient splash burn or something far more horrific. Going to keep a sharp eye on it. Very sharp.

Good Morning Henman. :ciao:
She looks beautiful this morning- love the shot lookin up thru the canopy from below- shows off her symetry. And those buds are really filling in the gaps well.:high-five:

That leaf tip does look wierd- If you think it might be mold, you might want to snip it so the spores dont spread.

And i'm keeping my fingers crossed for ya on that job hunt. I'm sure something will work out for you.
:peace:

when plant matter dies it gets moldy. I would remove that tip if you suspect that it's moldy.

Hey my friend I reckon your a week off starting the altered daylight schedule. also maybe around then for starting back building. It could be half a week later? we shall see just keep the great work up. your definitely getting the max out of your set up so well done indeed!
Obviously if you don't want to try either, I understand. I would never want anyone thinking I push my methods on anyone. That said I have yet to have problems due to either technique.
Best of buds to you!

Keep your head up hennman!! Don't let the bastards get you down and all that... But for real.. Stay strong, keep lookin, and the right thing will come to you at the right time,
+ reps dude :goodjob:

:thanks: I won't! Despite my low episodes, I will keep on fighting the bastards no matter how low I fall, that I can promise!

Good Morning Henman. :ciao:
She looks beautiful this morning- love the shot lookin up thru the canopy from below- shows off her symetry. And those buds are really filling in the gaps well.:high-five:

That leaf tip does look wierd- If you think it might be mold, you might want to snip it so the spores dont spread.

And i'm keeping my fingers crossed for ya on that job hunt. I'm sure something will work out for you.
:peace:

Hey there Flo :ciao:
Great to hear, that's what I thought too :high-five: which is why I wanted to show you it! Although I still don't know wether to call her symmetrical or asymmetrical, because damn she has so many smaller details that's just so uneven I don't even know what to call her :)

when plant matter dies it gets moldy. I would remove that tip if you suspect that it's moldy.

Said and done, the leaf tip was removed yesterday evening. Waiting for the lights to turn on so I can go in and have a look at her.

Hey my friend I reckon your a week off starting the altered daylight schedule. also maybe around then for starting back building. It could be half a week later? we shall see just keep the great work up. your definitely getting the max out of your set up so well done indeed!
Obviously if you don't want to try either, I understand. I would never want anyone thinking I push my methods on anyone. That said I have yet to have problems due to either technique.
Best of buds to you!

Hey buddy! Thanks for the heads up, because I did some reading yesterday, and with that some thinking. I'm recounting the days of flowering since the first sightings of pistils. This makes much, much more sense than counting since 12/12. So with that, it's now 30 days of flowering. Should I reschedule the altered light times to a future date then maybe?
I am? That's very nice to hear! And comforting as well :)
Don't you worry about that, I would never think you're pushing anything. I find you a very humble, kind and caring person. A gentleman I would say.

Thanks again for everyones support! I can't really express my gratitude with words, but do know it's invaluable to me!
:thanks::circle-of-love:

Hey my friend, Please know that you are getting all my greenest warmest vibes of good luck sent out into the cosmos for you! I'm sure you will get sorted soon enough.
Yep your right to go from first signs of sex and not when flipping to 12/12. If you can post some side on pics of your buds with a clipper for reference this will help me judge when to give you the shout on when to start either. They are looking real nice my friend so I don't think its long before your ready for either of the techniques. Good luck and best of buds!

Thank you so much for all the concern guys and gals :circle-of-love:
I'm sorry for worrying you, I've been having one of my low episodes and can't really get anything done then. Even forgot to check in on the hen some days.

I'm starting to feel a bit better again, hopefully I'll be back on track in no time. I will even take a day off to update myself on all the journals I've missed out on ;)

LA, my good friend, unfortunately clippers are quite uncommon here. I do have a BIC however and afaik they're found everywhere. I might be wrong, so lemme know
This is showing the, most definitely, largest cola

To you, Flower Child, for noting and liking her symmetry, here's a clearer shot of her main stem :)

And holy grail of all that is green I even uploaded a friggin video in full HD! Figured I wanted to give something back and this is the least I can do with this abstrac form of communication, so it's sort of an all-over overview of how she looks :thumb:
[video=youtube;xAFWsOe1VLQ]
[/video]

:Namaste: good friends

So glad you're feeling better Henman. And the hen looks like she survived a bit of neglect well. Loved the 360 video view of her buds- they are really filling in nicely!
Just a few more weeks, and you too will be enjoying smoking homegrown bud. Reps to you my friend!

Back
Top Bottom