Herbies Bulk Gorilla Glue

Skybound

What's up gang! So I've been growing various Barney's Farm strains and journaling, but wanted to increase my selection and after much research about all of the beans I have in my inventory, I decided to grow these Gorilla Glue beans that Herbie's gave me with my last order. As the title suggests, I'll be focusing this journal on this breeder and strain, in part, to help generate some history for future growers to reference because when trying to find reviews of Herbie's Bulk online, there wasn't much. And since Herbie's Seeds did me a solid a couple years ago by replacing some beans that didn't open, I figure I can do them a soil by journaling this grow and posting my reviews.

I grow in potted rockwool cubes, top fed recirculating and change out the reservoirs every 7 days. I veg for around 2 months and comit a 4 foot squared footprint to one big ass plant. I demand at least 16 dry ounces from each site and will only tolerate failed strains for 2-3 rounds. I have 3 bloom rooms, and each is lit with a 6 COB Vero 29 fixture driven by a 480 watt 2100mA driver. I used to use 600 watt HID, but these COB fixtures do better with less.

I mix my nutrients from salts to make all of my own concentrates including my Micro Nutrient recipe. Because of this, I am able to target each and every element in my feed and can adjust/tweak the feed as needed based on plant language. Generally speaking, my philosophy is to not over feed, aim for perfect health by keeping all the leaves a nice pleasant even shade of green, petiole reddening to a minimum, the leaves nice and shiny and always upward reaching. I don't under or over fert, and the same applies to the frequency of watering. My plants never express over watering symptoms, and I am ever challenging the roots to grow and completely inundate the media and maximize O2 as nutrient uptake. I religiously inoculate the roots with aerated compost tea primarily made from Great White and molasses, and add that twice weekly at all stages of growth.

I am also attempting to start 1 Em Dog seed from Dr. Greenthumb (B Real from Cypress Hill, his grower) and also 1 Purple Dream which is a Grand Daddy Purp crossed with Blue Dream. The Purple Dream is a regular bean and all the rest are Fems. FWIW, between last night and today, all of the fems opened and shot out a tap root so I put them into presoaked starter cubes and back into the dome with a heat mat underneath. So right now, I got 4/5, and all 3 of the Herbie's Gorilla Glue opened in less than 2 days which is a great start for this journal.

3 GG.jpg
seed stats.jpg

Here are my current targets throughout the grow. High N for Veg, hgih K throughout and ramped up P for mid bloom. Insanely high sulfur really lends to pronounced scents and flavors in the smoke. Jack's 321 has very high sulfur content, but the various liquid nutes only offer about 1/3 as much which is sad as it's hard to get a sulfur toxicity, plus sulfates are common building blocks for nutrient lines. Whatever.
Full Grow Targets.JPG

Hey @Skybound!

I've gone through your journals - and look forward to following this one too!
So many guys have been growing the gorilla glue, so lets see what you can do :ganjamon:

I'll be following!
Peace

Hey @Skybound!

I've gone through your journals - and look forward to following this one too!
So many guys have been growing the gorilla glue, so lets see what you can do :ganjamon:

I'll be following!
Peace

Thanks for being the first one irie lion, and happy to meet you as I've not seen you post before. What you growing or smokin?

Thanks for being the first one irie lion, and happy to meet you as I've not seen you post before. What you growing or smokin?
Thanks, i have been lurking around the last year but only registered yesterday.
Currently i'm smoking my outdoor harvest - Elvis.
I got a journal running on my indoor grow i have a couple different strains i'm doing at once.

Welcome Skybound to 420 magazine, I also grow hydro flood and drain! I’m gonna pull up s chair and watch you grow !

Awesome, thanks for jumping in West Hippie, and thanks for the welcome to the site, but I've been here a few minutes lol. How about you, got anything growin or smokin?

Thanks, i have been lurking around the last year but only registered yesterday.
Currently i'm smoking my outdoor harvest - Elvis.
I got a journal running on my indoor grow i have a couple different strains i'm doing at once.

cool, I'll stalk for it and sub up.

I’m on my second grow in 420 the White Widow reveged Clones! Have a couple weeks left on this grow. Just posted some fresh pics really do it daily. Here’s another hydro you’d like to check out @snowbound . Have been here 6 months ! Just noticed you have been here since 2012 great I wished I had !

One of the Glues looks like it might damp off. I have them in open air now, but I will need to tuck them under one of my 1' tall clones to filter out some of that wickedly intense LED lighting. The Em Dog stood up so it'll be a party, but sadly the Purple Dream isn't going to join the party. Sadly, because I belive it would have been that smoke that I would've enjoyed the most being a stoner of such low tolerance. None the less, I'll still take a toke or two from all of the Glues and the Em Dog.

too damp.jpg
3 plus em dog.jpg

I haven’t tried a Clone that small yet !
Speaking about it, ready for a toke !

I have some Pineapple Chunk and Triple Cheese clones going next to these seedlings. Well, they're not really clones anymore as all are very well rooted and in Solo cups, but I was saying I needed to slide the cups over next to the seedlings to diffuse the intense light from harming the seedlings.

I have some Pineapple Chunk and Triple Cheese clones going next to these seedlings. Well, they're not really clones anymore as all are very well rooted and in Solo cups, but I was saying I needed to slide the cups over next to the seedlings to diffuse the intense light from harming the seedlings.
Understand the intense light . I ran into the same problem clones on one side and 4 seedlings on the other end . Clones are fast at taking off I learned real quick they took over the cloner seedlings almost didn’t have a chance,luckily the neighbor was ready to take off with a grow to help me clear them out !

Hey SB!!! Here to watch and learn!

Me too man, I'm always eager to learn and I'm just as eager to see what I'll do next as any, lol. Welcome to the journal though! I'll probably shut this one down after all 3 GG's are bloomed unless I only send 2 through and the Em Dog, we'll see though.

You got two journals going?

Yeah, I was thinking of shutting the other one down, but then I got to looking at it like a checking account for a business, and decided I'll juggle both. I wanted to isolate the Gorilla Glue's anyways to better document that grow. Also, my new camera turned out to be a dud so I had to send it back, so it'll continue to be blurry pics for a while.

What camera did you get?

A $40 action camera. Do you have any idea what functionality one might expect to find on a $40 action camera? The thing literally did not have a zoom or a microphone. That said, I sent it right back. I don't know much about cameras but I did learn the budget has to be better than $40, and maybe an action camera isn't what I need?

So it'll continue being blurry pictures from Skybound for at least the foreseeable future.

Tell me your price range and I'll see if I can find something in your budget. I used to sell cameras and know who the reputable companies are. Of course if you like your phone talk to your provider bout an upgrade.

Broken Link, shop refurbished Nikon or canon, you can find a good deal. I'd keep with one of those companies for a camera of any experience level.

h . ttps://www.walmart.com/ip/Refurbished-Nikon-COOLPIX-L31-16-1MP-Compact-Digital-Camera-5x-Optical-Zoom-and-2-7-inch-Lens/142192751

Tell me your price range and I'll see if I can find something in your budget. I used to sell cameras and know who the reputable companies are. Of course if you like your phone talk to your provider bout an upgrade.

It's hard to say, but I gotta keep it on the back burner for a couple more weeks, but when I can get back to it, I was thinking near $50, and preferably from amazon b/c my return funds are in that acct.

Back
Top Bottom