Herbies Headshop Heavyweight Fruit Punch Feminised Auto - Hydro DWC with LED - 2015

PhilAndering

Here's a link to Herbies for info about the strain.

! Heavyweight Fruit Punch Feminised Seeds - Herbies Seeds

Setup and equipment:

2' x 2' x 5' grow tent
180w UFO LED grow light (60 x 3w LEDs)
Bubble grow bucket drip hydro system with air pump and water pump
ph meter
EC/ppm meter
two speed fan
hygrometer/temp guage

Temperature in the tent is 22c when the light is on, and drops to 16c when the light is off.

I'm following a user guide's instructions for using rockwook cubes, as i've never used them before.

The guide instructed that you soak the cubes in plain water, then in mild veg nutrients (about 550ppm), which I've done. I'm a bit dubious about it though. We'll have to wait and see :)

P10106051.jpg
P10106071.jpg
P10106062.jpg

Cheers,
Phil

Re: Herbies Headshop Heavyweight Fruit Punch Feminised Auto - Hydro DWC with LED - 20

Day 8 after germination

The seedlings appear to be doing ok, I think better than when I used coco-peat jiffy pots. For the first 7 days I just monitored the rockwool for moisture content and dunked them in 500ppm solution as necessary.

I've placed the seedlings in the net pots today and placed them in the bubble bucket with an overhead dripper. I am a little concerned that the dripper will saturate the rockwool cubes and cause problems. I might just run the dripper for about 1/2 an hour every day at first, just to keep the rockwool moist.

The air pump and stone combination is really bubbling away nicely.

Vital-statistics over the first week:

Ambient temperature: 16-23C (60.8-73.4 f)
Humidity: 50-100%
Light: The 180w Led has been directly overhead, approx 2' above the seedlings.

P10106143.jpg

Re: Herbies Headshop Heavyweight Fruit Punch Feminised Auto - Hydro DWC with LED - 20

Day 15 after germination

Looks like they're getting some nutrient burn so i've diluted the solution to 450ppm

Stats:

Tent temp: 15-24c (59-75f)
Ph: 5.8
EC 1.0 (500ppm)

Cheers,
Phil
P10106163.jpg

Greetings my friend! I'm subb'ed and in for the ride! Front row and center stage!

Apologies for the delay in posting. I've been walking the black dog for the past few weeks.

It's now 28 days after germination, and they're looking pretty burnt.

I'm thinking of just scrapping them and trying again in a pot with coco-peat. What do you think?

I've had the nutrient solution at 0.6-0.8, about 300-400 ppm, and still they're burnt.

Temps have been ok, as I've had the air-conditioning going.

Here's a pic

P10106282.jpg

Well, I decided that they were too far gone, bit the bullet, and binned the seedlings.

I've started again with an autopot coco grow of the same strain. i'll start a new journal once the seedling is established.

Cheers,
Phil

Did you leave those unused holes in your bucket uncovered? Bubble buckets need to be completely light proof (air hoses and all). I'm curious to see the condition of your roots. Good luck on your next attempt!

Back
Top Bottom