HerbsNBuds' White Widow & Crystal Homemade DWC

What benefit does CMH have over HPS/MH combo

I have 2 400w HPS/MH combo ballasts with reflectors.

Right now I'm not using the MH for Veg because of the heat generated from the lamps is too much for this small closet. I basically have a 300W CFL system hanging in there now that generates minimal heat.

The 2 HPS 400's are probably gonna be good enough for flower and they go into a bigger flower room. Which I still need to clean up from my last grow.

The question is do I use both as HPS or keep 1 MH / 1 HPS in there?

What benefit does CMH have over HPS/MH combo

I have 2 400w HPS/MH combo ballasts with reflectors.

Right now I'm not using the MH for Veg because of the heat generated from the lamps is too much for this small closet. I basically have a 300W CFL system hanging in there now that generates minimal heat.

The 2 HPS 400's are probably gonna be good enough for flower and they go into a bigger flower room. Which I still need to clean up from my last grow.

The question is do I use both as HPS or keep 1 MH / 1 HPS in there?

Well, the CMHs have a deeper and broader spectrum than HPS or MH. The light is brighter, so I see more penetration than from an HPS.

I'm finding it easier to keep temps down with CMH, but I was using a thouie HPS before. I'm also running vertically, so it is easier to dissipate the heat.

The CMH is also great for veg and bloom, so my answer would be to run 2 400w CMHs.

But, another option is CDM bulbs, which run on MH magnetic ballasts. If that's what you've got. They run at 330w, so they'd be a bit cooler, and have a better flower spectrum.

:peace:

...The CMH is also great for veg and bloom, so my answer would be to run 2 400w CMHs...

I'm probably gonna stick with the 2 50,000 Lumen 400W HPS bulbs for flower since I have em and I'm flippin the switch next week after I harvest the remaining plants from another grow I have.

I may try the CMH bulbs on the next grow. Thanks Horse

I'm probably gonna stick with the 2 50,000 Lumen 400W HPS bulbs for flower since I have em and I'm flippin the switch next week after I harvest the remaining plants from another grow I have.

I may try the CMH bulbs on the next grow. Thanks Horse

Yep, dance with who brung ya :grinjoint: Good luck, brotherman :cheer:

3/25/2011

The Sweet Smell Of Cannabis Is In The Air (soooo nice :) )
3-25-11.jpg

The 11 Pointers (2 sets of em so far)
pair-of-11-pointers.jpg

11 Pointer Up Close and Personal
11-pointer.jpg

Crystal Coming Along Slowly
11-25-crystal.jpg

She Is Holding On But I Think She's Got The ROT
weak-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom