Here I Grow Again

I find this interesting. These three plants were cut from one of the larger cuttings, very shortly after their mum started flowering. All went into water, then soil, holding on to their little flower tops.

IMG_20160725_150918.jpg

Some days ago I pinched the flower off some, and left on others. Then shortly after that, I up canned the ones showing new growth. I was expecting some wonky leaves, but they seem to have skipped that and went straight into vegetative growth.

IMG_20160725_150005.jpg

IMG_20160725_145645.jpg

IMG_20160725_145535.jpg

IMG_20160725_145125.jpg

IMG_20160725_145252.jpg

Here's the little one with top still ... Holding her back?

IMG_20160725_150501.jpg

IMG_20160725_145426.jpg

All of these plants showed very little change above soil level until I up canned. Think I'll leave the top on the last one and see what, if anything, she does.

Cheers! :peace::passitleft:

Very interesting. Holding her back? I'd think it's pot size. If all three are from the same mother taken at the same time, then the really big and notable variable is pot volume and depth, which you so aptly demonstrate in the photo of the three in profile.

Very interesting. Holding her back? I'd think it's pot size. If all three are from the same mother taken at the same time, then the really big and notable variable is pot volume and depth, which you so aptly demonstrate in the photo of the three in profile.

I guess I didn't explain very well.
The two in the larger pots were transplanted only a day or two before the photo was taken. Most of their growth, compared to the little one, happened between when I pinched the flower off, and when I transplanted.

So, I want to see what happens if I now transplant the little one, without disturbing the flower top.

The other thing I was trying to express was surpise over how they took the stress in stride.

Their mom was put into flower schedule, started flowering, then those cuttings were lower buds on woody branches. I didn't leave them in water long ... 3-4 days until I put them in soil, with only little nubs showing where roots were ready to form. There they stayed for two weeks, looking healthy, but virtually unchanged. Growth resumed only after I pinched the flowers off. When I up canned there were clear signs that the roots had been busy all along. Almost root bound.

Cheers Sue, and thanks ... I need these little reminders to improve clarity .. :peace:

Here's one I'm training up to grow big for my next grow. She was cut from the mother sometime in early June, so I'm going to say 45 days since roots and soil of her own.

IMG_20160726_201957.jpg

I've certainly exposed and encouraged alot of nodal growth ... I'm thinking I may have overdone it. Instead of a four cola plant I'm trying again to make six more or less equal branches from the trunk.

IMG_20160726_202252.jpg

Should I select the strongest of each offset pair to grow, and pinch off the weakest?

IMG_20160726_202427.jpg

I'm concerned that if I let her continue like this, there multiple growth points may choke each other out.

What y'all figure?

Ras

I saw Kraize sneak in the door and I followed in after... love the bonzai! :)

Please, Emilya, make yourself at home! :welcome:

The flowering plants haven't grown upwards for a good week now, even the mother, which is a week behind the rest. Starting to fatten up a bit.

Carnival cut, ~30 days in flowering tent, 21 days since pistil explosion:

IMG_20160726_222909.jpg

IMG_20160726_222949.jpg

IMG_20160726_223029.jpg

I'm thinking cat drench soon. Though I may have screwed that mechanic up thoroughly by feeding non kit nitrogen here and there.

Hmmmm, more kit stuff should be here very soon. Maybe I'll wait til they've had a good dose of tea, to ensure healthy soil populations before pulling that trigger.

Yeah ... Brix foliar today, tea when it arrives, then cat.

That sounds like a better plan, although the buds appear to be at that set point. When do you expect delivery of your supplies? I've cut it close a time or two myself. Your plants look stunning Rascio. A couple of the shots today made me gasp in appreciation. I can't wait to have Carnival growing again.

All that little growth on the lower nodes you were asking about? I take all that off. Once I clean the area I keep it clean. There's no way it can catch up unless you veg forever. Why waste the resources?

Thank you Sue :thanks:

Taken my hopes and expectations up a notch, and now rounding the corner of apprehensive avenue and optimistic boulevard. So pleased that they're looking healthy from stem to stern.

Not expecting supplies for a week, but Friday may be possible.

I'm right on the money in terms of timing, I think, but I still feel that my plants are a little bit behind where other growers plants are three weeks into flowering. I set very high performance goals, and I won't be happy until I exceed expectations.

At any rate, my flowering tent will be busy for another 7 weeks, minimum, so I have time to play with the vegging plants.

The one in training that I asked about, I'm trying to make a lot of more or less equal colas, so trimming off all those nodes? Well I'd probably get a nice, open, six cola plant, which would be fine, but I'm shooting for 18-24. I'm planning to upcan twice from here .. first to 4 gallon, then to 27 gallon (possibly with a companion). She'll be very close to root bound in the one gallon by now.

So thanks! In a roundabout way you answered my question .... I will promote growth at 4 points for each branch, and nip off the rest.:thanks::yahoo::party:

Don't be too hard yourself either!

I think at 3 weeks of flowering your spot on where you want to be. Sometimes I find it tough to judge precisely how big or dense these buds will be so early on.
I'm often wondering at what week will they put on their wait and have me drooling in amazement. But then week 5-6 and 7 come around and BOOM!! There they are!

Things look great in here Rascio!

Oh and Emilya is here too!! Jeez the party just got started!!

:high-five:

Hi all,

Friday evening ... Party is in my tent tonight :party::slide::party:

Everybody seems happy, though we just experienced the hottest day of the summer so far. Luckily humidity is high for this region, at 55% right now. Here's the veg tent.

IMG_20160729_224212.jpg

Almost all of the home made Silver Haze seeds sprouted 29/30). One of those looks like it won't be viable. I will thin those to 12-16 very soon, just based on my impression of their health and vigor. The winners will all get the own little pots, and will be grown and cloned early for sexing.

IMG_20160729_224524.jpg

All of my plants need some TLC. Tonight I promise only water for everyone, and a scheduled brix foliar for the flowering plants. Here's the other vegging plants (all carnival cuts).

IMG_20160729_224640.jpg

I also have all the parts I need to make a swamp cooler. Project for tomorrow. Hmmmm, make that today .... Fell asleep before posting heh.

Cheers and have a great weekend!
:peace::passitleft:

Ras

:passitleft: That shot of all the seedlings just got my blood running faster. :laughtwo: We're not addicted to growing. Not at all. Lol!

Third rainy day in a row here in The Burgh. I love rainy days, so that's a good thing. Hoping your weekend is a smooth and green one. :hug:

:passitleft: That shot of all the seedlings just got my blood running faster. :laughtwo: We're not addicted to growing. Not at all. Lol!

Third rainy day in a row here in The Burgh. I love rainy days, so that's a good thing. Hoping your weekend is a smooth and green one. :hug:
addicted...who?? no one ... :rofl: maan I love watching them babies grow

Back
Top Bottom