Here is How to Build a inexpensive Duct Muffler

Thanks !
1. The upholstery foam has the advantage of being open cell so tends to do a much better job than closed cell in terms of sound deadening. So yes, the upholstery foam is worth the extra cost.
2. The bigger the muffler and outlet pipe the better in terms of reducing noise. I like to use 8", 9" or 10" outlets on my blowers that work with 6" duct.
3. The ideal length of your muffler should be at least 10 times the inner diameter so 60" for 6" and 80" for 8".
4. A muffler needs to go where there is the most noise which is on the outlet side of the blower. That is why I recommend the larger outlets. It is also why I attached a video showing you how to do some additional noise cancellation.

Per Bill Pentz

Thanks !
1. The upholstery foam has the advantage of being open cell so tends to do a much better job than closed cell in terms of sound deadening. So yes, the upholstery foam is worth the extra cost.
2. The bigger the muffler and outlet pipe the better in terms of reducing noise. I like to use 8", 9" or 10" outlets on my blowers that work with 6" duct.
3. The ideal length of your muffler should be at least 10 times the inner diameter so 60" for 6" and 80" for 8".
4. A muffler needs to go where there is the most noise which is on the outlet side of the blower. That is why I recommend the larger outlets. It is also why I attached a video showing you how to do some additional noise cancellation.

Per Bill Pentz

Nice job......Where can I find the video??:peace::thanks:

Back
Top Bottom